Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 05-29-2005, 01:51 PM   #16
5vz-fe
Regular User

Originally Posted by mrmojo77
Damn it. I'm so sorry for Kimi. He was once again the best driver, but the mechanics let him down
I have liked this new tyre rule, but it is so black and white. Now that the cars are once agains as fast as in the last season, they could enable tyre change again.
Clearly this new tyre rule is making F1 more random. In fact, its making it so random that the best don't win, but the lucky one does. F1 got more unpredicted crashes than ever...... I must admit, I lost the will to wake up early to watch the race these days.
Old 05-29-2005, 01:53 PM   #17
szumszer
Regular User

yeah, that was a good race, and kimi was so unlucky, I wanted him to win, he deserved to, but alonso got the win instead and kimi got no points after a brilliant effort, for shame; the gap between them was supposed to shrink and now it is even wider; it was a good choice by kimi and mclaren to continue without changing the tyre, since they almost made it to the end ... gotta love david hobbs: the sand will stick to the hot tires like, like, like, like (when alonso went off the track) ... just shut the f up and be clear and to the point, as most people want to watch the race anyway without your idiotic comments, keep them to minimum as most of us would rather listen to the F1 cars racing
szumszer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 03:30 PM   #18
Max Power

well if they can the tire rule, Ferrari is gonna start winning everything...if they can manage to go from 14th to 5th and 9th to 3rd then its back to last year. And its like that every race so the tire rule has brought some excitement back...
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 05:07 PM   #19
GT-R_R34
Regular User

what a race i got up at 4:30am to see it. Kimi had it in the bag, just bad luck. i wouldn't be surprice if williams and ferrari argue about Alonso's tyres, they looked slicks to me.
GT-R_R34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 05:11 PM   #20
Caplax40
Regular User

It was very dissapointing to see Kimi's car fail in the second to last lap. I was watching the race at a friends house and the tension was so thick that, as the cliche' goes, you could cut it with a knife. Oh well, can't win them all. It was a damn fine race though.
Caplax40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 08:17 PM   #21
SL55 AMG
Regular User

This year has been pretty exciting. I cant believe Kimi's luck but he did drive very aggresively. Its a shame to see Ferrari qualifying so poorly and not finishing in the fashion they once did.
SL55 AMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 09:34 PM   #22
dingo
Regular User

Another interesting race, we have had a few this year so its been a great season so far.
Its a shame that Webber went out on the first lap as I think he would have done really well if he could have held 3rd into the corner - he was on the same strategy as Kimi apparently
Anyway it was left to Kimi and Alonso to fight it out once again, and it would've been a great last lap if the McLaren didn't fail Its amazing how lucky Button was to not be hit by Kimi as he flew past out of control :shock:
I was hoping he would hold on for the win actually as the championship is getting a bit out of control for him now - 32 points down
Old 05-29-2005, 09:42 PM   #23
ZfrkS62
Regular User

WTF?!?!?!?!?! Did i miss ANOTHER fucking race!?!?!?!!? :x

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 10:04 PM   #24
dingo
Regular User

Don't tell me you didn't know the race was even on?
Old 05-29-2005, 10:10 PM   #25
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Originally Posted by dingo
Don't tell me you didn't know the race was even on?
ops: i actually had no frickin clue until just now :x

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 12:28 AM   #26
Max Power

this is true....but I didn't c the leaders keep getting stuck behind traffic...as is often the case, and then they finnaly break through to show their true pace.
Old 05-30-2005, 12:30 AM   #27
levensnevel
Regular User

mr Mojo77,

no denying that the Ferrari just managed to take the 3rd and 5th spot.
But just like in Monaco Schumi set a better laptime during the race than most of his competitors
http://www.pitpass.com/src/seasons/2...o/bestlaps.php
http://www.pitpass.com/src/seasons/2...n/bestlaps.php
So their is light to be seen at the end of the dark tunnel

mmm just noticed that Pitpass submitted the wrong data for the European GP Best Laps info But it still proves my point

Niets of niemand zegt dat het echt moet
En toch, of juist daarom,wil je het beleven....

Weblog
levensnevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 11:14 AM   #28
Max Power

What makes u think that?...Bahrain, Shumi was right up there until car failed, Imola he blew everyone away after he got into the free air, Barcelona he was starting to put in fast laps or he put in 1 fast lap and then tire failure, Monaco in clear air he was quicker than Raikkonen, and Ring he jumped 9 places.......if that's not race pace than what is....Ferrari are quickest on race pace, but they're always handicapped by slower traffic
Old 06-01-2005, 04:29 AM   #29
RAMMIUS
Regular User

Originally Posted by mrmojo77
Yep, that is true. Schumi is a master of driving fast when needed, but in this season he has managed to do that only for few laps with a light car. Ferraris are not fast troughout the race.
Again , the tyres are responsable for their pace , take a look at the first 15 laps , lets say , where the Ferrari`s lose approx 2sec/lap and that`s enormous, but in the race after they bring there tires to the optimum temperature , then they get fastest laps as they did in so many races this year.
EVERYBODY in F1 business knows that this is their problem (take a look at Kimi`s , Coulthard`s , DUpasquier`s declarations- and they represent the competition , should we say more ?)

Explain me one thing : if a car isn`t fast , how does it get fastest lap ?
RAMMIUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 12:29 PM   #30
Toronto
Regular User

^^^^ the car is fast change the tires and you have a 1-2 for ferrari