Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 05-10-2005, 11:23 AM   #16
sameerrao
Regular User

Originally Posted by Toronto
we will see how many laps of the high rev course of manaco kimi will last
Monaco is not tough on the engines - engines do not run at rev limit for long - it is tough on gearboxes and body parts (brushes with the wall).

In his post race interview, Kimi said that he reduced the pace towards the latter half of the race when he decided there was no threat from Schumi. And that's the reason he had to maintain the fast pace for the first part of the race- he didnt want a repeat of Imola with Schumi catching up to him in the closing stages of the race.

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 12:00 PM   #17
RAMMIUS
Regular User

Ferrari`s problem it`s called Bridgestone , everybody knows that , finally with the new stupid rules Bernie managed to get some kind of spectacle .
Old 05-10-2005, 12:21 PM   #18
|Nuno|
Regular User

Originally Posted by RAMMIUS
Ferrari`s problem it`s called Bridgestone , everybody knows that , finally with the new stupid rules Bernie managed to get some kind of spectacle .
Look, I'm a huge Ferrari fan - they're my favourite team by far, but Bridgestone is far from being their only problem. Besides, it's easy to blame them now - I guess people forgot 2002 and 2004...

As of now, reliability is my main concern. And for the lack of it, you can't blame Bridgestone, that's for sure.

That said, they are the ones to blame for Michael's DNF in Spain, among other things (poor Qualifying pace, for instance) and they sure need to improve, but so does Ferrari.

"We win together, we lose together."
Old 05-20-2005, 09:12 AM   #19
RAMMIUS
Regular User

Again their problems :

http://www.f1central.net/news/articl...bles/view.html

What can you say now ?
Old 05-20-2005, 01:28 PM   #20
|Nuno|
Regular User

Originally Posted by RAMMIUS
Again their problems :

http://www.f1central.net/news/articl...bles/view.html

What can you say now ?
I say the same as before:

It's not their only problem, but Bridgestone sure needs to get their act together.

Michael couldn't put a decent number of laps on Monaco's 2nd Practise due to a vibration problem - is that Bridgestone's fault as well?