Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 04-24-2005, 07:57 PM   #31
ZfrkS62
Regular User

holy crap! that race was probably the most exciting race yet :shock: Ferrari once again pulled the pitstop magik and got Schumi right on Alonso's ass. Had that 1st stop been just a half second shorter, he might have come out in front of Alonso. But then again, we might not have had quite as exciting final battle

What the hell was going on with Massa? Twice he got into Coulthard. The first time he loses his wing, the second time he just pushes him out of the way. And what happens to him? NOTHING!! Why is Ralf being scrutinized again? Whatever it was, it didn't get televised or mentioned, so it couldn't have been too big

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 09:20 PM   #32
szumszer
Regular User

alonso had a super race and is having a very good season; I have to give him credit for not cracking under pressure from charging schumi hanging on his back and have to say that it is schumi who was cautious as he settled for second, wasn't he supposed to drive like he had nothing to loose; I would say alonso was driving like that instead as he held on to the first place and did not give up his position, he was not cautions in his defense nor allow schumi to get an easy win ... alonso's drive in the last 15 laps was flawless, he deserved to win this one today ... on the other hand schumi would have won the race outright had he not made that mistake in qualifying ... but he is back, so it should be interesting to see how alonso does next time ... this was a great race, probably the best this year, so far
szumszer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 11:43 PM   #33
ZfrkS62
Regular User

^ I thought for sure Schumi would force a mistake from the Spaniard, which he did, just not a big enough one to exploit. Looks like Renault is substantiating the worries they were illiciting at the beginning of last year

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 08:46 AM   #34
dingo
Regular User

WHAT A RACE!!!! Thats what us fans want more of, I was literally on the edge of my seat (or couch ) for the first time in a long time watching F1 I was hoping MS could get past for the win but a 2nd is good for him right now, and Alonso just keeps proving how good he really is
Again Webber was in a good position but somehow couldn't hold it and finished outside the points
This gives me hope for another good race in Barcelona
Old 04-26-2005, 02:09 PM   #35
RAMMIUS
Regular User

Schumi made that race beautiful , and he couldn`t win because you cannot take over in Imola , but man what a race !!!!
Schumi is the mannnnnnnnn !!!!!!!!
Old 04-27-2005, 07:52 AM   #36
jon_s
Regular User

Originally Posted by RAMMIUS
and he couldn`t win because you cannot take over in Imola
I don't think the cars that were in front of him would agree. Button certainly would not. Lets be fair, Alonso did a fine job.
jon_s is offline   Reply With Quote