Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 10-10-2004, 05:31 AM   #31
saadie
Regular User

oh well :fadein:

lets see what he dose next year with sauber ..... i hope he dosnt resign ...

JV and MS are two of my fav F-1 drivers .... they got skills ....
Old 10-10-2004, 06:43 AM   #32
dingo
Regular User

That was a fairly boring race....some nice moves but no real excitement for positions at the end.
I've been up since 5am watching motorsport today, the Bathurst 1000 went from 5am-3pm and then F1 from 3.30pm - 5pm.
Old 10-10-2004, 09:43 AM   #33
detsan
Regular User

I think the race was pretty interesting.

Dingo22 that is some commitment waking up that early!
Did not start till 7am here, F1 after SX nats and the news(bloody election!)
Don't forget the Moto GP is on as well; I have it on good authority that Casey Stoner did pretty well!(ok I watched it on pay....)

Don't forget that JV is a former worldchamp and he had to beat a rabid MS to win that title; Schumi at his no-holds-barred best like when taking out Damon in Adelaide to win the title.
That Renault looked far from happy in the dry conditions, very nervous on turn in, same for FA. Maybe went with a wet orientated setup and did not have time to optimise for the dry running.
Ferrari are too good in all aspects.
How good did the ferrari look in comparison? They did an unbelievable job on the setup of that car! He was so far in front that I thought he was going to do a burnout in front of the team on the pit wall!

Mark Webber had to retire due to being burned through the seat. This was apparently caused by friction of the wooden 'plank' rubbing the ground too much(low ride hight, bumpy surface, ) and from the ITV pit int was a known problem to them from testing(not as severe though).
If Webber had to get out then it must have been a Ass BBQ! :shock:
Noticed plenty of 'Plank' dust around the track, even at the no 1 grid spot
EDIT for correction

According to the Herald Sun, it was hot engine gases entering the cockpit somehow(?) which actually melted half the seat :shock: , also said that he made the right choice to stop as according to doctors permanent skin damage would have been sustained if he stayed out longer.
Old 10-10-2004, 02:06 PM   #34
5vz-fe
Regular User

Originally Posted by detsan
Don't forget that JV is a former worldchamp and he had to beat a rabid MS to win that title; Schumi at his no-holds-barred best like when taking out Damon in Adelaide to win the title.
So? Really don't care if he'd win a few WC before, the fact is that he is very slow when compared to his teammate with the same car.
Old 10-10-2004, 02:23 PM   #35
detsan
Regular User

F1 Qualifying
1 Michael Schumacher Ferrari 1:33.542
2 Ralf Schumacher Williams-BMW 1:34.032
3 Mark Webber Jaguar-Cosworth 1:34.571
4 Takuma Sato BAR-Honda 1:34.897
5 Jenson Button BAR-Honda 1:35.157
6 Jarno Trulli Toyota 1:35.213
7 Giancarlo Fisichella Sauber-Petronas 1:36.136
8 David Coulthard McLaren-Mercedes 1:36.156
9 Jacques Villeneuve Renault 1:36.274
10 Olivier Panis Toyota 1:36.420
11 Fernando Alonso Renault 1:36.663
12 Kimi Räikkönen McLaren-Mercedes 1:36.820
13 Juan Pablo Montoya Williams-BMW 1:37.653
14 Christian Klien Jaguar-Cosworth 1:38.258
15 Rubens Barrichello Ferrari 1:38.637
16 Nick Heidfeld Jordan-Ford 1:41.953
17 Timo Glock Jordan-Ford 1:43.533
18 Gianmaria Bruni Minardi-Cosworth 1:48.069
19 Zsolt Baumgartner Minardi-Cosworth
20 Felipe Massa Sauber-Petronas

Not bad for a fill in driver who has not got the race fitness of the regulars.
Old 10-10-2004, 02:57 PM   #36
ZfrkS62
Regular User

I was thuroughly impressed by Ralf's performance during the race. To come back after breaking his back and not being allowed to get in a car, then to run as well as he did in China, and then put the BMW in P2 for qualifying after practically NO practise and then finish in P2...simply f***ing amazing. Maybe JV should break his back too. might give him a bit of talent.

Panis drove a decent race, probably wishes he did a bit better for his last race though.

WTF happened between Coulthard and Barrichello?!?!?! SPEED never got to show the replay :x That's two races in a row DC has knocked someone out of the race. i hope the FIA slaps his ass with a hefty fine...of bench his ass for the final race.

disappointing race for Sato, he probably thought he was going to end up on the podium but JB just had the better set up. I think if he could maintained the illusion though he would have let TS by, but it was clear whose BAR was quickest.

so the Schumacher brothers find themselves 1-2 , not an unfamiliar position, and JB once again is a bridesmaid with his 8th podium finish of the year.

Good midfield battles, typical MS dominance, a surprising performance from RS...
not the most exciting Japanese GP but it held my attention easily enough

now the question is...can Rubens win in Brazil this year? After last years disappointing retirement while leading, i think he smells vengence anyone think the Ferrari drivers will call off all bets between each other for the season finale??

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 03:53 PM   #37
redbaron
Regular User

WTF happened between Coulthard and Barrichello?!?!?! SPEED never got to show the replay That's two races in a row DC has knocked someone out of the race. i hope the FIA slaps his ass with a hefty fine...of bench his ass for the final race.
The dutch TV had shown a replay of this crash after the race. It was Barrichello who was too ambitious. He thought he saw a gap and braked far too late and crashed into Coulthards car. Almost the same like Coulthard did at the Chinese GP to Ralf Schumacher.

redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 03:58 PM   #38
sameerrao
Regular User

Originally Posted by redbaron
WTF happened between Coulthard and Barrichello?!?!?! SPEED never got to show the replay That's two races in a row DC has knocked someone out of the race. i hope the FIA slaps his ass with a hefty fine...of bench his ass for the final race.
The dutch TV had shown a replay of this crash after the race. It was Barrichello who was too ambitious. He thought he saw a gap and braked far too late and crashed into Coulthards car. Almost the same like Coulthard did at the Chinese GP to Ralf Schumacher.

Thanks! - I missed this in the race. So that's what happened

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 04:00 PM   #39
ZfrkS62
Regular User

wow...i guess i was to hard on DC....i can't believe Rubens would make a mistake like that...

Old 10-10-2004, 04:02 PM   #40
sameerrao
Regular User

Originally Posted by ZfrkS62
wow...i guess i was to hard on DC....i can't believe Rubens would make a mistake like that...
Actually Rubens was very careful in his overtaking of the others prior to DC so maybe this was a genuine mistake on his part and nothing delibrate.

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 04:20 PM   #41
ZfrkS62
Regular User

i dunno, i think it was Trulli that he passed going into turn one and they nearly got together then..it was pretty close and he really wanted to get by him. I think Rubens may have been pushing a little harder than he should have been in a few cases. It was clear he was faster than DC and could have gotten by him on the straight. I dunno if he could have got up to Kimi though...

Old 10-10-2004, 08:25 PM   #42
Max Power

finally Shumacher got his car back...and it was Barichello that fucked up....order is restored in F1 and Villeneuve is back to blaming the car for shitty performance. Speaking of the TV coverage......worthless.....I saw more of Sato holding his helmet than all the passes combined....Damn, too bad they didn't show Ross Brawn eating his banana :cry:
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 05:53 AM   #43
SPEEDCORE
Regular User

I agree on the poor coverage. Not sure wat show the TV director was watching but it wasnt the F1.
SPEEDCORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 02:05 PM   #44
5vz-fe
Regular User

When it comes to Japan GP, Sato always get the most coverage.....that is why Epson get a 1 race deal with BAR. I couldn't believe I waited 5~10 minutes just to get the interview of Rubens and David crashing.