Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 11-16-2006, 08:49 PM   #16
RC45
Regular User

Default Re: My 1986 Porsche 944

Originally Posted by ViperASR
My Valentine One:

We made a special bracket for it and wired it to the cars ignition, so it is very hard for a cop to notice it.
Since when are radar detectors illegal in Florida?
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 10:43 PM   #17
ViperASR
Regular User

Not illegal, just higly frowned upon. From what my friends and dad have told be, if you get pulled over, and they spot a radar detector it is damn hard to get out of ticket. I however never get pulled over Plus, it looks badass all hidden up there and no visible wires.

"plus being able call your penis master chief during sex has got to be comical at least once"-gis
ViperASR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 10:50 PM   #18
RC45
Regular User

Not illegal, just higly frowned upon. From what my friends and dad have told be, if you get pulled over, and they spot a radar detector it is damn hard to get out of ticket.
What? If you get pulled over for speeding you are not getting out of a ticket anyway.

If you are pulled over for broken tail pipe - why would a radar detecor make a difference?

How can something that is not illegal "be frowned upon"?

No wonder you floridians struggle to vote

I however never get pulled over Plus, it looks badass all hidden up there and no visible wires.
Well - as long as you havent put the unit so far up in the rafters that any tint on the windshield intereferes with laser detection and such.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:56 PM   #19
ViperASR
Regular User

Nah, it detects the laser and radar and such no problem, I've actually messed around with it with my resourse officer at my old high school. And if you get pulled over for speeding, having a radar detector wont help your cause when you go "but officer, i never speed"

Oh, and to getting no tickets, I work under the fire/ocean rescue department for my county, so I have a badge, and so far it has worked both times ive gotten pulled over sense getting my captains position

And BTW my ticket count is 2, both in the mini-van ops:

"plus being able call your penis master chief during sex has got to be comical at least once"-gis
Old 11-16-2006, 11:09 PM   #20
RC45
Regular User

And if you get pulled over for speeding, having a radar detector wont help your cause when you go "but officer, i never speed"
if you say so...
Old 11-16-2006, 11:10 PM   #21
supercarfreak
Regular User

I like it! Very nice. awesome to see a porsche with that many miles, makes me smile.

can you tell me about your v1? how do you like it? I'm thinking of getting one. thanks!

I use the throttle to help me navigate corners, if you catch my drift.
supercarfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 11:20 PM   #22
ViperASR
Regular User

V1 is absolutly the way to go if you want to get a radar detector. They detect K KA X and laser bands. It works very well, great range and has different beeps for each band. Someone told me something about a V2 comming out or something, I'm not really sure. My family has 3 sports cars and 3 V1s. We live by these things religiously.

As for the miles, as of now she has 250,000 miles, and my dads 944S has something like 265,000 miles.

For an update on the car as of now, as I kind of forgot this topic existed, she threw the #3 rod about 4 months ago and spun the bearing. Myself and my father rebuilt the bottom end of the motor and so far *fingers crossed* it is still running. I also bought a Turbo rear valance for it to impove those looks just a little bit more.

Old 11-16-2006, 11:40 PM   #23
supercarfreak
Regular User

cool, thanks!

it's awesome that you rebuilt the motor with your dad. you think about getting the turbo's front bumper? really love the look of it.

I use the throttle to help me navigate corners, if you catch my drift.
supercarfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 11:42 PM   #24
ViperASR
Regular User

^^
I like the look of the Turbo front end but not the price to convert it to the turbo front end...

Thanks for the complements on the car though guys, I really appreciate it, and so does the car

Old 11-17-2006, 08:22 AM   #25
ARMAN
Regular User

2nd gen 944 are beautiful

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote