Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 03-23-2006, 04:33 PM   #16
T-Bird
Regular User

Originally Posted by Global Hemisphere
Yes and I should have explained to the people that don’t know about the A-spec. There are no performance enhancing mods included in the A-spec package. Its all just bling crap. I think it may include nicer seats which is the only thing I can ever imaging wanting in that package. As for people wanting A-spec wheels on the TL, yeah I guess I can see that for people that are not into cars. But again 9.9 out of 10 people that are into cars are going to spend the outrageous price Acura charges for those and get some very nice after market wheels. Who wants Acura made wheels anyway?

And yes I used to have a link to the press release from Acura USA explaining why they are dropping the RSX. It is because they want to take the line “upscale”. The new Civic-Si/Typre-R is the replacement for the RSX. This is fine by me because I think it was stupid to ever have the Integra in the Acura line in the first place. It should have been under the Honda badge. And it was also stupid to change the name to RSX, Integra is much better. Anyway I’m getting ready to sell my RSX, I’ve done the FWD thing and am tired of it. I have no interest in any FWD cars anymore. I don’t understand why Honda is not putting there “SH-AWD” in more cars. If they would put in on the TSX and/or TL i might have an interest in those cars again.

P.S. American TSX = Euro Accord
American Accord = Japanese Inspire
American TL = ???

Honda makes too many FWD/4 doors!!!!

American RL = a way too heavy and over priced waist of technology
Nope A-spec doesn't do a damn thing to the interior, if you buy the full A-spec asa package you get new wheels, brakes, suspension, and body kit. And ALL Acura wheels are Enkei wheels.

The SH-AWD is next appearing in the RDX and new MDX and rumors are saying it may be in the next TL 07 or 08... And the RL is the Legend in Japan. The TL is a North American Only car that isn't available overseas. The MDX is available overseas as a Honda MDX.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 05:50 PM   #17
Global Warming
Regular User

Originally Posted by T-Bird
Originally Posted by Global Hemisphere
Yes and I should have explained to the people that don’t know about the A-spec. There are no performance enhancing mods included in the A-spec package. Its all just bling crap. I think it may include nicer seats which is the only thing I can ever imaging wanting in that package. As for people wanting A-spec wheels on the TL, yeah I guess I can see that for people that are not into cars. But again 9.9 out of 10 people that are into cars are going to spend the outrageous price Acura charges for those and get some very nice after market wheels. Who wants Acura made wheels anyway?

And yes I used to have a link to the press release from Acura USA explaining why they are dropping the RSX. It is because they want to take the line “upscale”. The new Civic-Si/Typre-R is the replacement for the RSX. This is fine by me because I think it was stupid to ever have the Integra in the Acura line in the first place. It should have been under the Honda badge. And it was also stupid to change the name to RSX, Integra is much better. Anyway I’m getting ready to sell my RSX, I’ve done the FWD thing and am tired of it. I have no interest in any FWD cars anymore. I don’t understand why Honda is not putting there “SH-AWD” in more cars. If they would put in on the TSX and/or TL i might have an interest in those cars again.

P.S. American TSX = Euro Accord
American Accord = Japanese Inspire
American TL = ???

Honda makes too many FWD/4 doors!!!!

American RL = a way too heavy and over priced waist of technology
Nope A-spec doesn't do a damn thing to the interior, if you buy the full A-spec asa package you get new wheels, brakes, suspension, and body kit. And ALL Acura wheels are Enkei wheels.

The SH-AWD is next appearing in the RDX and new MDX and rumors are saying it may be in the next TL 07 or 08... And the RL is the Legend in Japan. The TL is a North American Only car that isn't available overseas. The MDX is available overseas as a Honda MDX.
An "SH-AWD" TL would be really nice and IMO the single best thing Acura could do to help their line. That is if they can do it without making it too heavy. The current TL is already 3582lbs. Or rasing the price too much over the current TL.
Old 03-24-2006, 02:01 AM   #18
saadie
Regular User

Originally Posted by Zot09
Originally Posted by Saadie
wth ... then whast rsx supposed to be .... a civic .. ...
this is confusing .. :roll:
lol the RSX in Japan is called the Integra. The current generation civic actually has an Acura brother in Canada called the CSX. hahaha
haha ... why cant they fecking give one name to a car .....
this is confusing as hell at first ... but now it makes sence .. .thx for explaning
Old 03-24-2006, 09:20 PM   #19
T-Bird
Regular User

well originally when Acura first started they had them the same names ie Integra and Legend but then the company felt that they needed to move towards a more luxurious line so they started calling their cars by letters which apparantly people find more prestiguos then real names.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 04:11 AM   #20
sads
Regular User

The RSX realy has a great paint scheme with the black rims it looks dead sexy, as for the the TSX the styling is a lot more subtle but not sure wether I like it that much?