Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 08:00 AM   #31
dingo
Regular User

For sh!ts sake, I think all discussion concerning Corvettes should be banned....the Z06 lovers can't accept other peoples opinions and the haters just cause problems.

Who gives a fuck in the end? Either you like it or you don't, not sure why you Americans get so upset about those who dislike the car. You claim not to be worried what others think of your car so get on with it - drive the damn things and don't waste your time bitching.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:12 AM   #32
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by Daggernite
Not everyone is going to like the same thing, be it cars girls or what ever
Yeh but there seems to be one rule for one and one rule for another.

For example I think the Mclaren F1 is a lump of shit, I cant be bothered to list all the reasons why I think it is, so I shall just quote clarkson who tried to put it nicely by saying that its more like a photograph than a painting, and IMO (the Jabbas one that is) from whatever angle you view it from its sure no work of art.

Seems I wasn't entitled to an opinion though as all the mclaren fanboys wouldn't except any criticism of their "perfect" car. Shame the real mclaren F1 cars were not a little more perfect though and then we might see them win the odd race now and then.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:26 AM   #33
dingo
Regular User

Originally Posted by Jabba

For example I think the Mclaren F1 is a lump of shit, I cant be bothered to list all the reasons why I think it is, so I shall just quote clarkson who tried to put it nicely by saying that its more like a photograph than a painting, and IMO (the Jabbas one that is) from whatever angle you view it from its sure no work of art.

Seems I wasn't entitled to an opinion though as all the mclaren fanboys wouldn't except any criticism of their "perfect" car. Shame the real mclaren F1 cars were not a little more perfect though and then we might see them win the odd race now and then.
I think thats exactly like the Corvette situation, you can't make a criticism of them without starting a war......why are you guys so protective?
Old 05-23-2006, 08:28 AM   #34
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by dingo
why are you guys so protective?
Which do you mean the mclaren or vette guys ?
Old 05-23-2006, 08:37 AM   #35
nthfinity
Regular User

For sh!ts sake, I think all discussion concerning Corvettes should be banned....the Z06 lovers can't accept other peoples opinions and the haters just cause problems.

Who gives a fuck in the end? Either you like it or you don't, not sure why you Americans get so upset about those who dislike the car. You claim not to be worried what others think of your car so get on with it - drive the damn things and don't waste your time bitching.
Sorry Dingo, I strongly disagree. this is a discussion board. and as long as people keep touting false facts about a car I love, (or don't for that matter) I will cirtainly make it my best effort to prove them wrong... I don't care whether or not somebody doesn't like a Z06, but If they dont like it for the wrong reasons, that is a valid reason to discuss... no matter how many times it seems to be reiterrated. The fact is (on several fronts) people are just mal-informed, or have a prejudice belief.... Just because it somehow starts "us vs. them" arguments doesn't mean we should censor such shit.

Originally Posted by Daggernite
Not everyone is going to like the same thing, be it cars girls or what ever

For example I think the Mclaren F1 is a lump of shit

well said Jabba
Old 05-23-2006, 08:40 AM   #36
dingo
Regular User

why are you guys so protective?
Which do you mean the mclaren or vette guys ?
The vette guys.

Originally Posted by nthfinity
Sorry Dingo, I strongly disagree. this is a discussion board. and as long as people keep touting false facts about a car I love, (or don't for that matter) I will cirtainly make it my best effort to prove them wrong... I don't care whether or not somebody doesn't like a Z06, but If they dont like it for the wrong reasons, that is a valid reason to discuss... no matter how many times it seems to be reiterrated. The fact is (on several fronts) people are just mal-informed, or have a prejudice belief.... Just because it somehow starts "us vs. them" arguments doesn't mean we should censor such shit.

Thought you might.

So what are some of the invalid reasons people have used for disliking the Vette?
Old 05-23-2006, 08:46 AM   #37
Jabba
Regular User

The vette guys.
Well the mclaren lovers are worse

I am sure they will show up soon enough as they seem to be able to sniff out criticism of their one hit wonder.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:50 AM   #38
nthfinity
Regular User

Thought you might.

So what are some of the invalid reasons people have used for disliking the Vette?
I have no idea why... but so many people refuse to believe how good the Z is... they believe it is slower, they believe it doesn't ride well, they believe it isn't also good on fuel, they think it doesn't "turn" well, they think its not as fast as thier precious F for fanboy cars (read, i love Ferraris, and know why many people choose them "over" a vette)

the list goes on, and then repeats itself over and over again.

one thing that is funny to me is this... no matter how "terrible" some people think it is... when i was in europe, people gawked at the few corvettes there, when right next to it was a 550. obviously, I would be gawking at the other car myself
Old 05-23-2006, 08:52 AM   #39
RC45
Regular User

Just an observation - this entire thread is revolving around what Tiff said....

Why all the anger towards the "other people" - shouldn't youguys be pissed at Tiif?
Old 05-23-2006, 09:14 AM   #40
dingo
Regular User

one thing that is funny to me is this... no matter how "terrible" some people think it is... when i was in europe, people gawked at the few corvettes there, when right next to it was a 550. obviously, I would be gawking at the other car myself
thats quite understandable really, the Corvette is rare over there so of course people will look at it.....different story in the USA.

Its like people in the UK looking at a Vauxhall Monaro VXR (I think thats what its called), here you see a Monaro every 2mins so we don't bother.

So in the end I agree the Corvette is a great car but its just not something I desire to own.....would love one to drive for a bit but I won't lose any sleep if I never own one.
Old 05-23-2006, 09:39 AM   #41
RC45
Regular User

^^ Except unlike the Monaro, they only produce about 5,000 Z06's for world wide consumption

Interesting enough youended up buying a Japanese econobox (albeit a rather peppy one at that ) and not some exotic Italian Alfa when you went car shopping - does that not say something about your search for "bang for the buck" rather than exclusivity?
Old 05-23-2006, 09:49 AM   #42
dingo
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45

Interesting enough youended up buying a Japanese econobox (albeit a rather peppy one at that ) and not some exotic Italian Alfa when you went car shopping - does that not say something about your search for "bang for the buck" rather than exclusivity?
yes but we are talking about a completely different price range, nothing in the $35-40K region impressed me as much as the WRX did.....the selection of performance cars is pretty limited.

When you buy an F430/Gallardo SE/whatever (over a Z06) you get both exclusivity and amazing performance in the same package.....an Alfa might be more exclusive but it can't match the WRX's performance.
Old 05-23-2006, 09:59 AM   #43
nthfinity
Regular User

an Alfa might be more exclusive but it can't match the WRX's performance.
substatute Alfa for Ferrari/Pagani/Lamborghini etc. and WRX for Z06 right there is your argument for having the Zed Oh Six
Old 05-23-2006, 10:02 AM   #44
dingo
Regular User

an Alfa might be more exclusive but it can't match the WRX's performance.
substatute Alfa for Ferrari/Pagani/Lamborghini etc. and WRX for Z06 right there is your argument for having the Zed Oh Six
not really, because a Zonda F etc. CAN match the Z06's performance.....the difference between Alfa/WRX is alot greater.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:13 AM   #45
nthfinity
Regular User

yet we see videos of the Z06 going faster around the track, faster lap times, and home-made videos of stock Z's out gunning the Ferrari/Lamborghini's that are supposed to be the "performance competitor" of the Z06

oh... what was the Zonda F's NS lap time? i thought it was in the 7:30's... where the Zonda S was in the 7:48's... still... for a Vette to out gun a Zonda V12...
Closed Thread