Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Books, Comics And Magazines > Magazine Scans

Old 11-26-2006, 01:02 PM   #16
T-Bird
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
It's been a great read - and I'm not surprised to see the 599 on top of the list as the ECOTY... but I thought that the 997 GT3 would be the final winner, since everytime there's a GT3 or a Turbo from Stuttgart in this contest, that's the one that wins The 599 is just a unique car with hypercar performance and the comfort of a big GT cruiser - I love it!

I expected the Z06 to rank better than the Murci... but I guess they've done a extraordinary effort with the latest italian V12. Good for the Vette - since only the top-of-the-range sports cars (that cost three times more) from Porsche, Ferrari and Lamborghini have been able to beat it

I'm glad to see the Exige S - the only car of the ones tested that I've experienced myself - up there with the best-of-the-best!

As for the 'part 1' final score... I'm dissapointed with the Litchfield. I was expecting a better result, top3 even... but I guess it's too extreme for normal roads On the other hand there's the Elise - that with minimum weight, and minimum power - has beaten the rest performers :good: I'm surprised with the Megane (on the good side) and with the Cayman (for the bad side) as for the TT, I read lots of positive reviews about it... but I guess it was more comparing it with its predecesor rather than with the competition actually

What I don't get is why the Exige S has beaten the MEgane in the part 2, but in the part 1 the french has been the winner...

Anyway - thanks a lot for the scans... this kind of articles is what makes Evo so good!
Actually it was the Elise S not the Exige S and it beat out the Renault both times it came in 1st for part 1.

I read this whole article (actually the whole issue) on my way home from England last wednesday, it was the first EVO I ever read cover to cover and I have to say I love the mag.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 09:47 AM   #17
SPEEDCORE
Regular User

It be another 1-2months till I get a copy of this, thanx for the scans!!!

Im glad the Ferrari beat the 997, I just couldnt handle another Porsche winner :p

Id still take the LP640 over the 599 but atleast this proves the other magazines werent off the mark
SPEEDCORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 06:50 AM   #18
Guibo
Regular User

Originally Posted by McLaren4eVa
Nice to see the 599 up there, that car has seriously grown on me. 620BHP in a gt car, brilliant. I think i'd take one over the 430
I'd take one easily over the 430. That shape, combined with a version of the Enzo's engine and those magnetic shocks...I couldn't see how Evo could pick any other car as its winner. Well-deserved, and it seems light years beyond its predecessor (not exactly a slouch by any means). But the GT3 is actually pretty close in the overall tally.

Plenty of surprises in this test though, notably the low scoring for the Cayman behind both the Z4 coupe and 335i (and the Mini GP). The XKR acquitted itself quite well, nice to see a Jaguar placing that high. Curious comments about the Z06's gearchange as well. Most previous tests have complained that it's poor; maybe it just needed some time to loosen up.

Thanks for the scans, moguai.
Guibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 09:20 PM   #19
Mattk
Regular User

Interesting. The 599 was pretty much expected, I think. It's a very refined automobile, which I think is the overall impression you get with Cars of the Year.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:22 PM   #20
dons5
Regular User

gonna read it now
Old 11-28-2006, 10:24 PM   #21
spanky
Regular User

Thanks heaps for the scans! Cheers :good: :good:
spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 12:30 AM   #22
gobs3z
Regular User

I immediately got dissapointed when i saw no RS4, am i in the right?

"If we could read the secret histories of our enemies, we would find in each story enough sorrow and suffering to disarm all hostility." Longfellow
gobs3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 06:38 PM   #23
blinding
Regular User

what about the 997 turbo isnt it from this year too ? im sure it would be a great contender to the title
blinding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 02:28 AM   #24
gobs3z
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
^ the RS4 appeared lat year if I'm not wrong...
I have them reviewing it in the February 2006 EVO issue, so it was permissable to the 06 car of the year.

"If we could read the secret histories of our enemies, we would find in each story enough sorrow and suffering to disarm all hostility." Longfellow
gobs3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 12:28 PM   #25
inso
Regular User

There are actually a few pages missing from the scans, there is no ads, so all the pages missing are from the article.

EVO staff talk about what cars are missing and why, like the cayenne turbo S and 997tt. <-any year that has a new gt3 delivered, it will outshine the rest, and so on.

Well maybe this year they would have needed GT3rs to make the opposition look bad, since the enemies delivered mightier punch, sad was also the part, that not everyone had a chance to feel the magic of the gt3, since tyre went flat and they did not get it fixed soon enough. And if the LP640 had been as trouble free as the car in fast fleet, i think it would have been mightier contender.

Well read the story and you will get the idea
inso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 08:14 PM   #26
martin100
Regular User

So the 599 has to be a truly amazing car as expected. Canīt wait to hear JCs opinion about it in the new series. Thanks for this load of scans mate
martin100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 02:28 PM   #27
nejcdolinsek
Regular User

GodDAMNIT I feel like an idiot because I bought the copy lol!

Well, thanks moguai for the scans. I'll always make sure to check on JW for scans before I go out and spend 4 quid on a damn magazine