Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Books, Comics And Magazines > Magazine Scans

Old 05-28-2006, 10:54 AM   #1
TT
Regular User

Default evo #91 - Fast Club 2006 (24 pages)

Old 05-28-2006, 11:55 AM   #2
bmwmpower
Regular User

that marcos is pretty fast from 0-100-0 ,also nice car and its chepear then vette

thanks TT
bmwmpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 01:04 PM   #3
Wutputt
Regular User

Thanks TT. I'll read it later on.
Wutputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 09:25 AM   #4
dingo
Regular User

Interesting results, especially the Lambos much better laptime than the Z06.....time for another war I think.

Thanks TT.
Old 06-01-2006, 10:20 AM   #5
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by dingo
Interesting results, especially the Lambos much better laptime than the Z06.....time for another war I think.

Thanks TT.
LOL, 2 seconds is a lot, but I'd hope for 2 seconds quicker for an extra $200,000

it still stands that the Z is the bargin of the century you might argue the caterham... but well, V max @ 15th isn't impressive, and really isn't a real car... its a track day weapon... but even then, it doesn't separate itself that much from the pack.

the Ascari makes the Gallardo look cheap.... and Id much rather have the lambo

the final position is based soley on opinion, and not overal performance tracking.... if it were, the Z06 would be tied for first with the Ascari from a strictly performance standpoint with the gallardo close behind
Old 06-01-2006, 10:22 AM   #6
dingo
Regular User

Don't worry - I was just trying to get a reaction.

I respect the Z06, its a great car and definately a performance bargain.
Old 06-01-2006, 10:48 AM   #7
Kiran
Regular User

Very interesting indeed.

Ah oow, the Z06 got spanked by the Gallardo on the track
Kiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 10:59 AM   #8
No.1
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
Originally Posted by dingo

Thanks TT.
LOL, 2 seconds is a lot, but I'd hope for 2 seconds quicker for an extra $200,000

it still stands that the Z is the bargin of the century you might argue the caterham... but well, V max @ 15th isn't impressive, and really isn't a real car... its a track day weapon... but even then, it doesn't separate itself that much from the pack.

the Ascari makes the Gallardo look cheap.... and Id much rather have the lambo

the final position is based soley on opinion, and not overal performance tracking.... if it were, the Z06 would be tied for first with the Ascari from a strictly performance standpoint with the gallardo close behind
In the UK - a Gallardo is £120k, and a C6 Z06 more like £60k - a smaller saving than in the US.

Still - take a look at the TG laptimes board - plenty of expensive cars get embarrassed by cheaper cars - you need to take into account the whole package. The Lambo nudges it for me, but the Z06 did a great job :good:
Old 06-01-2006, 02:55 PM   #9
RC45
Regular User

So being quicker than everything thrown at it 0-100-0 other than a purpose-built kit-car-go-cart still gets the car no respect?

That is the definition of jealousy guys

Nuff said -
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 03:11 PM   #10
Daggernite
Regular User

Respect to the Z!!

I think Id get the Z06 rather than the Gallardo, simple fact is I dont car about the interior, performance is so similar my novice ass wont beable to tell. But from that stand point, Id also not get the Z06, Id buy a cheaper TVR Sagaris. But then I may even just get a even cheaper subari STI.

:roll: so many choice.

Damn back on topic--- thanks RC for the scan, im looking forward to reading it tonight.
Daggernite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 03:57 PM   #11
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Daggernite

Damn back on topic--- thanks RC for the scan, im looking forward to reading it tonight.
Thanks belong to TT for this one
Old 06-01-2006, 05:25 PM   #12
No.1
Regular User

Respect to the Z!!

I think Id get the Z06 rather than the Gallardo, simple fact is I dont car about the interior, performance is so similar my novice ass wont beable to tell. But from that stand point, Id also not get the Z06, Id buy a cheaper TVR Sagaris. But then I may even just get a even cheaper subari STI.

But what about the "security" of the 4wd lambo? Does that not help your "novice ass" more than a rwd rocket ship?
Remember the pics RC posted of a crashed Z06 after a novice (or idiot - take your pic) lost it on cold tyres? :roll:
Old 06-01-2006, 05:36 PM   #13
1zippo1
Regular User

Originally Posted by thenumber1
But what about the "security" of the 4wd lambo? Does that not help your "novice ass" more than a rwd rocket ship?
Remember the pics RC posted of a crashed Z06 after a novice (or idiot - take your pic) lost it on cold tyres? :roll:
I remember seeing a video of a Gallardo chasing a 996 GT3 Mk2 on the road. And on one corner where the GT3 went through without over or understeering, the Gallardo understeered so heavily that he hit the curb. It was no heavy crash, but it got me wondering if 4WD was really so much better on the road...
1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 05:36 PM   #14
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by thenumber1
Respect to the Z!!

And you beliee that some how some way 500hp 4wd will save you?
Old 06-01-2006, 06:06 PM   #15
Daggernite
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45

Thanks belong to TT for this one
Oh ops: sorry about that, I knew TT did the scan, why I put RC I dont know So thanks TT, I just came back to read it.

number1: I know the Gallardo has 4WD thats true, but is it worth the extra money though? Also I like FR layout just alil more than 4WD cars, so I would'nt be too happy paying all that extra about something im not too bothered about. If I was rich, id have both
Daggernite is offline   Reply With Quote