Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Books, Comics And Magazines > Magazine Scans

Old 08-04-2005, 11:46 PM   #16
Apac102
Regular User

I read in the new Road and Track that the new Corvette Z06 does the ring in 7:42. Only ten seconds slower then the CGT.
Apac102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 11:57 PM   #17
budagboy2
Regular User

Originally Posted by bmagni
thnx st-anger !!! any word yet on the enzos time ??????
would like to know also...did they ever run it on the ring like they were supposed to?
budagboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 05:06 AM   #18
st-anger
Regular User

Originally Posted by budagboy2
Originally Posted by bmagni
thnx st-anger !!! any word yet on the enzos time ??????
would like to know also...did they ever run it on the ring like they were supposed to?
...some weeks ago there had been a rumor on that issue, but what we know know itīs just been a rumor...

nevertheless, german mag Sport Auto "might" get an Enzo from Ferrari, chief editor Horst v. Saurma told that in his mag some months ago, well, nothing ītill today, maybe in fall, weīre all waiting for a (unofficial) confirmation on that...

Porsche 911
st-anger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 12:56 AM   #19
lakatu
Regular User

St-anger is there a certain time of year when the track conditions might be most favorable. Like maybe September when it is a little cooler? I bet Ferrari at least waits for the best possible conditions before handing over the car. Personally I think they are scared.
Old 08-08-2005, 06:35 AM   #20
st-anger
Regular User

Originally Posted by lakatu
St-anger is there a certain time of year when the track conditions might be most favorable. Like maybe September when it is a little cooler? I bet Ferrari at least waits for the best possible conditions before handing over the car. Personally I think they are scared.
...VERY hard to say as the weather in the region where NS is located, the "Eifel", is not very stable and predictable, and especially in late summer/fall thereīs always "danger" of bad weather, just like weīre having now with temperatures of 8°C (!!!) in the morning, so thereīll be lots od damp and wet spots round the īring...
on the other hand in hot summer time, june, july itīs obvious that itīs not only bad for performance but also for the tires...
on such a long and unique track like NS u always have to have some luck as well, but iīm with u that WHEN Ferrari is comming with an Enzo this year then in late summer or fall, wouldnīt have expected them during summer time...
but again, "waiting" for good conditions is probably only possible for teams located right next to NS like Manthey...

weīll see....
Porsche 911
Old 08-19-2005, 05:01 AM   #21
sheruken
Regular User

What is Ausgabe, the extreme right column?
Is it like - Laps Done / Year ?
It says : Merc McLaren SLR : 1.13,5 (hockenheim) : 7.52 (Nurb) : 06 / 04.
Does it mean 6 laps done in the year 2004 ?
Old 08-19-2005, 06:10 AM   #22
st-anger
Regular User

Originally Posted by sheruken
What is Ausgabe, the extreme right column?
Is it like - Laps Done / Year ?
It says : Merc McLaren SLR : 1.13,5 (hockenheim) : 7.52 (Nurb) : 06 / 04.
Does it mean 6 laps done in the year 2004 ?
itīs for "Issue 6 / 2004" so the june issue of the mag in year 2004...
Porsche 911
Old 08-19-2005, 10:16 AM   #23
sheruken
Regular User

Oh!!!
Danke!
Old 09-28-2005, 05:06 PM   #24
st-anger
Regular User

updated version from the last mag:

Porsche 911
Old 09-30-2005, 05:40 PM   #25
PandaBeat
Regular User

All those times and then some more here:
http://www.supercarfreak.net/forum/showthread.php?t=119

PandaBeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 04:55 AM   #26
Just_me
Regular User

Sportauto times is one thing and factory times another thing and shouldnt be compared together.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:54 PM   #27
PandaBeat
Regular User

Originally Posted by Just_me
Sportauto times is one thing and factory times another thing and shouldnt be compared together.
:roll:
Old 10-04-2005, 04:20 AM   #28
Just_me
Regular User

Originally Posted by PandaBeat
Sportauto tell us every little detail like, tires, roadconditions, airtemps and asphalt temps and the most important thing, they use the same driver all the time. They also test the cars they way the cars are when leaving the factory.
I will never use factory times when Im comparing with other cars cause we know nothing about those cars (is it a preproductioncar, did it use R-tires, did the car use a cage, was the car tested they way the car is when leaving the factory etc, etc. Factory times, they are just about markeeting their cars.

Sportauto is the most fair and reliable source we have. I dont trust factory times and I will never use it when comparing with other cars.
This is my personal agenda so please keep your roll-eyes for yourself.
Old 10-04-2005, 12:54 PM   #29
PandaBeat
Regular User

Sportauto tell us every little detail like, tires, roadconditions, airtemps and asphalt temps and the most important thing, they use the same driver all the time. They also test the cars they way the cars are when leaving the factory.
I will never use factory times when Im comparing with other cars cause we know nothing about those cars (is it a preproductioncar, did it use R-tires, did the car use a cage, was the car tested they way the car is when leaving the factory etc, etc. Factory times, they are just about markeeting their cars.

Sportauto is the most fair and reliable source we have. I dont trust factory times and I will never use it when comparing with other cars.
I don't give a crap what YOU like; on that list there are sport auto times, factory times and times achieved by other magazines (as well as private tests). Unless that you're posting here using a braille computer, and since it bothers you so much, I'd recommend you to obviate the "non fair and un-reliable" times, it's easy, READ the legend, discriminate the sport auto times and only read those. Understand?
Old 10-04-2005, 04:59 PM   #30
Just_me
Regular User

I don't give a crap what YOU like; on that list there are sport auto times, factory times and times achieved by other magazines (as well as private tests). Unless that you're posting here using a braille computer, and since it bothers you so much, I'd recommend you to obviate the "non fair and un-reliable" times, it's easy, READ the legend, discriminate the sport auto times and only read those. Understand?
Lol 4 posts and you already act like a fool. The guys over at supercarfreak are probably mean to you so now you come here and pretend like you are all that.