Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 10-23-2008, 10:15 AM   #1
LEXION
Regular User

Default Volvo recovery from Czech Republic and Volvo T4 Photoshoot

One of our cars had a transmision problem in Czech Republic while it was driven back home to Romania, and our driver left the car in a gas station, and returned home with another car. We went 2 days later on 16 october 2008 with a Volvo and a flat bed to bring back home the other car. I drove the flat bed all the way, 3000 kilometers in total. We went with a 200 hp Volvo V40 T4, it consumed 6 fill-ups with gasoline, but I was the fastest trailer in Europe, overpasing on the Highway with 150 kmh and a 2,5 tone trailer behind me. In Slovakia the police stopped us because we didint had the vignette for the trailer, we were going to fast and its not allowed to tow a trailer behind a familly car. The fine was 1300 euro... When we got to the car, we discoverd it was open and the cd-player was missing. On the road back home we saw a lot of accidents, I even saw a Lamborghini Diablo wrecked, and 5 accidents in Prague. We slept in Hungary and the next day, continued the road back home. In Budapest on the M0 highway, there was a huge accident, involving 4 trucks and a car, we needed 4 hours to get out of the traffic caused by the accident. we finally got home on Staurday night, 18 october 2008.

Video with the Volvo V40 T4 Accelerating with the empty flatbed trailer behind:

Pictures set: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lexion/...7608196137308/

First Police stop in Slovakia

Lamborghini Diablo wrecked in Czech Republic

Morning in Hungary

Competition

5 hour STAU in Budapest

The car involved in the Accident

And the trucks from the accident

Me, the driver

Bored...

Back home...3:30 a.m.

Volvo V40 T4 Photoshoot, 200 bhp, 2002,

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lexion/...7608196216816/

Enjoy

My Flickr Photo sets | My YouTube Videos | Mod edit: No linking to personal business in a sig
LEXION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 10:37 PM   #2
F250
Regular User

How can you tow anything with that little car? It reminds me of the Top Gear Caravan episode!

This is my minimum tow vehicle. 325 HP, 570 lb. ft. (772 NM):

Last edited by F250; 10-26-2008 at 10:47 PM.
F250 is offline   Reply With Quote