Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 07-22-2005, 11:06 AM   #31
|Nuno|
Regular User

And another one:

Can't say I was expecting the Murcielago to be the fastest car (with me anyway) around Fiorano, but what it lacks in torque and hp compared to the Saleen, it makes up in braking.
Old 07-22-2005, 10:12 PM   #32
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Did a few laps today and only managed a 1.12:9, actually ran faster before. Ill try a different car, the Ferrari's power doesnt get used on this tight circuit much.

heres the replay
http://is-mad.com/upload/userfiles/S...0HOT%20LAP.Vcr
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 10:12 PM   #33
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by |Nuno|
And another one:

Can't say I was expecting the Murcielago to be the fastest car (with me anyway) around Fiorano, but what it lacks in torque and hp compared to the Saleen, it makes up in braking.
Good lap, and please dont tell me you use the external view
Old 07-23-2005, 08:07 AM   #34
|Nuno|
Regular User

Thanks, and yeah I use the external view. For some reason I can't get used to GTR's cockpit view, even with all the possible adjustments... Specially on the GT cars, it feels kinda claustrophobic. :bah:

Anyway, after messing around with the rear camber settings I managed to go into the 11's:

Old 07-23-2005, 09:36 AM   #35
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Thanks, and yeah I use the external view. For some reason I can't get used to GTR's cockpit view, even with all the possible adjustments... Specially on the GT cars, it feels kinda claustrophobic. :bah:

Anyway, after messing around with the rear camber settings I managed to go into the 11's:

k, but just so you know external view is much easier because you see the whole track, the car everything. You wouldnt be able to join any simulation server if you werent using hood or cockpit.

Give the bumper or hood view a try
Old 07-23-2005, 03:45 PM   #36
|Nuno|
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX

k, but just so you know external view is much easier because you see the whole track, the car everything. You wouldnt be able to join any simulation server if you werent using hood or cockpit.

Give the bumper or hood view a try

Yeah, I probably will. In terms of laptimes the difference isn't much, but I just don't feel confortable with it in some cars. And the sound is much better with the external view.

Other thing... I heard at rscnet that there's a Isle of Man circuit - anyone knows where I can find it?
Old 07-26-2005, 05:42 PM   #37
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Any updates? Are we done with Fiorano?
Old 07-26-2005, 05:53 PM   #38
jakaracman
Regular User

Okay, let me do the honours:

There's still room for improvement - this was my first day of GTR after a 3 week break, and this wasn't exacly a Qualifying-like lap. With soft slicks at the back I guess that a 1:12.2XX should be possible.

Also, I think I could be faster with a 550 or a Viper but since I don't have a nice setup for any of them yet, the Saleen will have to do for now.

EDIT: I didn't read the first post well... ops: So, we're doing the 'Ring first, or can we just post the times for any circuit?
You drive with outside view? Taht dos not count ...
You drave your car IRL flying above and behind it (after all, GTR is a SIM, so treat it as such) ...
On the other side, I have to confess that I use ABS (cant feel the brakes on computer as you can IRL) ...

Edit: I really ought to read all post befotre posting myself ...
jakaracman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 06:01 PM   #39
RC45
Regular User

And another one:

Good lap, and please dont tell me you use the external view
If a game has no internal view I ditch it.. haven't used external view since Outrun in the actual game arcades....
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 07:52 PM   #40
|Nuno|
Regular User

Any updates? Are we done with Fiorano?
Haven't played more at Fiorano. So, if no one else opposes I guess yes, we are.

You drive with outside view? Taht dos not count ...
You drave your car IRL flying above and behind it (after all, GTR is a SIM, so treat it as such) ...
On the other side, I have to confess that I use ABS (cant feel the brakes on computer as you can IRL)
Like I said, I can't get used to some in car views in GTR; it's not even a matter of lap times, but of confort.

And if we're going that way, you also can't move your head freely or adjust your angle of sight in GTR's cockpit view, like you do in real life. So...

By the way, I need help. My MOMO is fucking up with me; I think there's something wrong with the FFB engine. There was a site with a tutorial in how to open the Wheel and other stuff, so if anyone has the adress, please post.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:28 PM   #41
SFDMALEX
Regular User

/\/\/\Set the look to apex in the settings, it will turn with your wheel, the view I mean. And trust me mate, external view can give you three seconds easy, thats what the cheaters do. Plus its tottaly unreleastic. If you cant get used to it, try harder Its not supposed to be easy at all. Just practice mate. Whats the enjoyment of racing with the wheel with external view?

As for the wheel, if its hardware you its hardware mate, just get a new one, if it needs fixing that is possible to fix the shop is going to charge you as much as it costs new.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:42 PM   #42
|Nuno|
Regular User

/\/\/\Set the look to apex in the settings, it will turn with your wheel, the view I mean. And trust me mate, external view can give you three seconds easy, thats what the cheaters do. Plus its tottaly unreleastic. If you cant get used to it, try harder Its not supposed to be easy at all. Just practice mate. Whats the enjoyment of racing with the wheel with external view?

Like I said, it's only in some cars. For instance, with the NGT cars, the Vette or the 550 I use it.

As for the wheel, if its hardware you its hardware mate, just get a new one, if it needs fixing that is possible to fix the shop is going to charge you as much as it costs new.
Problem is that I'm broke... I bought the Wheel a year ago, and it had a 3 year warranty (now comes the stupid part), but right after that I went on vacations and the deadline for stamping it expired... So I don't have a warranty... If I had, they'd give me a new one or the money. I'll open it tomorrow to see what I can do.

It's still playable, but it's less realistic due to the weird Self Centering and compared to before, when it was good, my lap times are about 0.5 or 1 seconds slower, depending on the track.

Anyway, what track are we doing next? I vote for the Nordschleife (The Mother).
Old 07-26-2005, 08:48 PM   #43
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Like I said, it's only in some cars. For instance, with the NGT cars, the Vette or the 550 I use it.
Then use the 550

Anyway, what track are we doing next? I vote for the Nordschleife (The Mother).
Cool with me.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:34 PM   #44
|Nuno|
Regular User

Then use the 550

Trust me, I do. That sound...
Old 07-28-2005, 03:06 PM   #45
|Nuno|
Regular User

My first attempt at the 'Ring:

This track is too much fun.