Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 07-20-2005, 12:15 AM   #16
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Too bad non of the addon cars have proper physics, but I do know a bloke who can make an accurate model just by knowing were the engine is located and by looking at the spec sheet, too bad he works for SimBin lol.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 12:33 AM   #17
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Too bad non of the addon cars have proper physics, but I do know a bloke who can make an accurate model just by knowing were the engine is located and by looking at the spec sheet, too bad he works for SimBin lol.
Too bad SimBin is full of shit and can't complete anything they start

This next title better not be a half arsed piece of shit as welll
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 12:50 AM   #18
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45

How exactly is their title a peice of shit? BTW What do you mean by "anything they start"? They have only released one sim so far

I would really like to know how it's so bad?

Offline there is nothing wrong with it. Starforce is not their idea, and online it isnt bad etheir, a bug here or there(tell me a tittle that doesnt) I still had plenty of 20+ driver races without any problems. Maybe you read rsc too much, just so you know the reason I never post there even though I've registered there long time ago is because its a big flame fest of cry babies who dont do jack shit but bitch all the time. No matter what the game or what the hardware. Not all ofcorouse.
Old 07-20-2005, 01:01 AM   #19
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45

How exactly is their title a peice of shit? BTW What do you mean by "anything they start"? They have only released one sim so far

I would really like to know how it's so bad?

Offline there is nothing wrong with it. Starforce is not their idea, and online it isnt bad etheir, a bug here or there(tell me a tittle that doesnt) I still had plenty of 20+ driver races without any problems. Maybe you read rsc too much, just so you know the reason I never post there even though I've registered there long time ago is because its a big flame fest of cry babies who dont do jack shit but bitch all the time. No matter what the game or what the hardware. Not all ofcorouse.
Their first "free mod" was ok, but rough and needed completion - so they promised to et in finished in the "for sale" title...

So they released the "for sale" GTR version - adn it has flaws... and is far from perfect - it's good, but not really $30 commercially sold good... it's really just "polished free download mod" good.

Now they are on their 2nd for sale title.... it better not have "unfinished netcode" etc...

We can laugh and make fun of the Dub Cities for bad physics etc... but they are far more complete by the time they go onsale.

These SimBin guys have this last chance - if they blow it again with huge unlock key problems, online server issues etc.

There were 3 versions on sale here in the US - I ended up returning 2 until I got the red box, because the others always said bad key.

I hope they get it right.
Old 07-20-2005, 01:11 AM   #20
SFDMALEX
Regular User

hmm not worht 30$? polished free mod good?hmm
There first free mod was ok? THeir first free mod set a benchmakr for any mod to come fyi.
Sorry Im not even going to try to argue because there is no point.

Only issues with it are some starforce problems which is a straforce problem and some bugs in the net code which still dont prevent hundreds of leagues from racing. So if the greatest sim to date is a peice of shit mod, then I guess everything else is as good as my first code of pong that I made at the age on 10 for my atari.

Anyway lets stay on topic, Ill ask Dan to delete a bunch of posts here so we keep this thread relivant to its title.
Old 07-20-2005, 01:13 AM   #21
RC45
Regular User

Anyway lets stay on topic, Ill ask Dan to delete a bunch of posts here so we keep this thread relivant to its title.
Nah - just add the times to the opening post as people post em
Old 07-20-2005, 08:43 AM   #22
|Nuno|
Regular User

I dont have an NS time for you. I honestly stopped looking at my times 2 years ago The hard core hot lapping game just takes too much time. BTW I cant stand Enna....bloody oval shite...

Here are some times of top of my head.

Donington: 1:27:low
Spa: 2:11:high
Brno 1:56(I have very few laps there, only raced it online)

hm what else....
Fiorano: 1:12
Oschers: 1:24 I think

Anyway none of those were intended hot laps, and all of them were set with a fully manual H pattern gearbox and clutch pedal.
Yeah, when you really start Hotlaping it's difficult to stop. I started doing it about a month ago and good thing my PC crashed, because that took me way too much time.

And by the way, Enna can be quite fun when you're racing with the AI... Overtaking them on those high speed chicanes making them crash into the tyre walls can be fun.

And I gotta find Fiorano! I'm installing the game as we speak, so by the Weekend I should have everything up. 8) But by looking at your times, seems like I'll only have a chance at Oschers...
Old 07-21-2005, 11:58 AM   #23
|Nuno|
Regular User

Okay, let me do the honours:

There's still room for improvement - this was my first day of GTR after a 3 week break, and this wasn't exacly a Qualifying-like lap. With soft slicks at the back I guess that a 1:12.2XX should be possible.

Also, I think I could be faster with a 550 or a Viper but since I don't have a nice setup for any of them yet, the Saleen will have to do for now.

EDIT: I didn't read the first post well... ops: So, we're doing the 'Ring first, or can we just post the times for any circuit?
Old 07-21-2005, 12:13 PM   #24
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Fiorano is fine first. Ill do some laps later tonight.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:24 PM   #25
|Nuno|
Regular User

Okay then.

Meanwhile, I'll see if I can arrange a nice setup for the 550.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:33 PM   #26
nthfinity
Regular User

fiorano in a bit sounds great, hopefully i can do well after an hour
Old 07-21-2005, 01:47 PM   #27
|Nuno|
Regular User

A little bit better:

Old 07-21-2005, 08:26 PM   #28
nthfinity
Regular User

Fiorano: 1:15.3 S7R, just lowered suspension
EDIT: 1:14.69 with increased wing... i feel like 1:14.0 is available now

i think i could get that down to a mid 1:14 with some more work, but after many fustrating hours with the 575 GTC (1:17.9) im done for the day i think

mabey you can share some secrets of getting mor mechanical grip?
Old 07-21-2005, 09:30 PM   #29
|Nuno|
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity

i think i could get that down to a mid 1:14 with some more work, but after many fustrating hours with the 575 GTC (1:17.9) im done for the day i think

I'll upload my basic setup in a moment. It's for the Saleen though, and you'll have to make some adjustments since it's basicly just a suspension/diff setup.

EDIT: Here it is:

http://www.dropload.com/redeem.php?t...1deede5c612ccf

Just mess around until it suits your driving style better, but be sure to change the gear ratios and lower the tyre pressures.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:57 PM   #30
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity

how about a replay?

Sorry guys I didnt lap today because Ive been playing basketball for the last 4 hours, didnt get the time to lap.