Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 07-27-2003, 06:18 PM   #1
666fast
Regular User

Default ALMS- GP of Sonoma

Anyone watch it, or go to it? From what I could tell, it was quite a small turnout of fans at the race.
It was a very good race with a few mishaps in there. I don't know how Prodrive and their 550 Maranello managed to do so well with three spins and a minor accident.
Finally a LMP 675 managed an overall win. I was sure it happened before, but apparently it's the first time. Congrats to them.
My favorite team, Hazardous Motorspots (also known as Zip Racing) finished 32nd out of 36 due to a crash. Bummer.

I must say NBC's coverage sucks ass. It' s agood thing I listened to a bit of Radio LeMans before the TV coverage started.

I wonder if Infineon is mad that the Infineon R8 didn't get the overall win?

For what it's worth, I can't call it Infineon Raceay, it'll always be Sears Point in my book. Dumb idea to change the name.
Old 07-29-2003, 03:05 AM   #2
666fast
Regular User

Heh, I take it no one cares? lol
Old 07-29-2003, 04:28 AM   #3
novass
Regular User

i didnt get a chance to see this. i saw the hazardous porsche vid on RF. i can never tell when good racing is gonna be on, i do a search for certain things but they label it all the same "auto racing" its BS. we set up the house Tivo to record rally racing and we end up with hours of NASCAR LOL

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi
novass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 01:29 PM   #4
SL55 AMG
Regular User

same never knew it was on nad plus i do enjoy ALMS but never have been to a race....would have loved to go there....i live fairly close so it would've been a nice drive up. DAMNIT

I did see highlights and the race did look like a good one
SL55 AMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 04:27 PM   #5
666fast
Regular User

SL55, you should have went, they had a very poor attendence, so you could have gotten to all the prime spectating spots.

Nova, and everyone else for that matter. Here are all the upcoming ALMS races. Great action, do watch them if you can. The race is always the last day. So the first race that will be the 3rd of August at 2:30p, on Speed Channel.
8/1-3 2:30p Le Grand Prix de Trios-Rivieres Speed Channel
8/15-17 2:00p Grand Prix of Mosport NBC Sports
8/22-24 2:00p Road America Speed Channel- hopefully I'll be there
9/5-7 4:00p Monterey Sports Car Champ. NBC Sports
9/26-27 4:00p Grand Prix Americas Speed Channel
10/15-18 11:00a Petit Le Mans Speed Channel

Sadly, I don't get Speed Vision, so I'll have to listen to them on the radio if I have nothing better to do. If enough people care, I'll keep updating this thread.
Old 07-29-2003, 04:51 PM   #6
666fast
Regular User

Here is the list of drivers adn teams: http://www.americanlemans.com/driver...msCarsHome.asp
Not all of the teams listed will be at every race. Racing is expensive.

The results of all the races with standings:
http://www.americanlemans.com/results/resultshome.asp

It's been a good season so far, even with two races IIRC being cancelled.
Old 07-29-2003, 05:33 PM   #7
zr2man99
Regular User

I was taping it on Tivo, but it only taped the first half NBC coverage does suck. They only showed like an hour of just racing. Yea it looks like the californians don't like sports car racing. I'mordered tickets for petit, can't wait. glad audi lost. I knew those dyson lolas would win sooner or later. I already
zr2man99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 05:48 PM   #8
666fast
Regular User

NBC doesn't do too great of a job with thier coverage. It's better than no coverage though. It's also leaps and bounds better than CBS's coverage. I typed coverage too much! lol
California usually has a good showing at their races. I'm not sure why they didn't at the Sonoma race. Maybe it was the relatively small entry list.

I'm also glad to see the Dyson lola win. Weaver and Leitzinger did a great job with their 675. Not only was it the first time a 675 took the overall win, but they won by just under 4 seconds. 3.708 seconds to be exact.

I'm still saddened that Pumpelly and Lally only got 58 laps in before pulling out due to a mechanical problem.

Shameless plug for my favorite team:
http://www.zipracing.com/
http://www.pumpellyracing.com/ needs to be updated!
http://www.hazardous-sports.com/flash/index.html
Old 07-29-2003, 07:12 PM   #9
novass
Regular User

thanks for all the links and times of the races. i think im gonna write a letter to my cable provider, these people suck. its like they would rather show repeats of races then new races. ive seen so little of this seasons WRC.....im gettin very pissed. the website is no help either, it tells me shit thats completely different from whats airing. alright, i gotta stop ranting now or ill never stop.

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi
novass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 11:42 PM   #10
666fast
Regular User

TROIS-RIVIERES, Quebec - Frank Biela and Marco Werner drove the Infineon Team Joest Audi R8 to a dominating win in today's American Le Mans Series Le Grand Prix de Trois-Rivieres on the historic Trois-Rivieres street circuit in Canada.

Got that from americanlemans.com
I was out on the town with an old friend so I missed the race. The results aren't up yet, I hope they will be soon.

Anyone here able to watch it?