Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Top Gear Discussion

Old 12-12-2005, 03:03 PM   #16
saadie
Regular User

good point ... but all of them have been on the track ....

anyway .. lets just wait and hope they show the veyron's lap later in the series :roll:
Old 12-12-2005, 03:08 PM   #17
SFDMALEX
Regular User

/\/\/\They wont You know why? Because it didnt lap faster then either the MC12 nor did it beat the Enzo, and that will make JCs "Best car...fastests car....in the world statements look bad

As someone said once, its the king of the autobahn, not the track

1000bhp, turbo driven power at that, in a heavy ass car like that...I bet it laps as fast as the 575

Sorry to dissapoint you mate
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 03:12 PM   #18
saadie
Regular User

yeah possibly true .....
lol @ the last sentence .... i was just desperate to see it do the lap ... i dont really love it or anyhting lol
Old 12-12-2005, 04:09 PM   #19
RC45
Regular User

The Stig cried because the great big fat whale of a car oversteered into the tyre wall and he has to pay for the repairs with deductions fom his pay cheque... the word around the water cooler is that he will be paid up by March 2065...

If it had completed a lap, it would have been slower than an autostick Boxster.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 04:12 PM   #20
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
whale
Thats a great way to describe this car It's impressive how nature can produce something like a whale, same as its impressive that they can make something like the Veyron...but lets face it. Both are uselesss.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:24 PM   #21
saadie
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
...but lets face it. Both are uselesss.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:02 PM   #22
gobs3z
Regular User

whale
Thats a great way to describe this car It's impressive how nature can produce something like a whale, same as its impressive that they can make something like the Veyron...but lets face it. Both are uselesss.
I'm not sure i've seen this much ignorance in awhile, and if you even thought logically, the fact that it runs 0-60 in 2.5 seconds shows that the speed alone would beat the Zonda F even if it is sluggish in the turns. You don't understand that in a straight line it's as a fast as an F1 car(bold statement but true). It would turn worse than a Zonda or a Ferrari, but it's still a sports car with great downforce and 4WD. Stop being in denial and just take the car for what it is and it's a marvel in technology. Take your nose out of the Ferrari's exhaust and just be happy that a company was willing to lose millions of dollars just to push the barriers of technology, you should be thanking VW for this and not bashing it.

"If we could read the secret histories of our enemies, we would find in each story enough sorrow and suffering to disarm all hostility." Longfellow
gobs3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 05:10 PM   #23
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by gobs3z
whale
I'm not sure i've seen this much ignorance in awhile, and if you even thought logically, the fact that it runs 0-60 in 2.5 seconds shows that the speed alone would beat the Zonda F even if it is sluggish in the turns. You don't understand that in a straight line it's as a fast as an F1 car(bold statement but true). It would turn worse than a Zonda or a Ferrari, but it's still a sports car with great downforce and 4WD. Stop being in denial and just take the car for what it is and it's a marvel in technology. Take your nose out of the Ferrari's exhaust and just be happy that a company was willing to lose millions of dollars just to push the barriers of technology, you should be thanking VW for this and not bashing it.
Well - a Sperm whale for example can swim pretty quickly - desn't mean that just because it can ram a Great White it's the better predator...

The car is a complete lump of crap.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 05:27 PM   #24
gobs3z
Regular User

whale
Well - a Sperm whale for example can swim pretty quickly - desn't mean that just because it can ram a Great White it's the better predator...

The car is a complete lump of crap.
Great White vs. Sperm Whale (knobs in sperm whale interior worth more
than whole Great White, Priceless...)

"If we could read the secret histories of our enemies, we would find in each story enough sorrow and suffering to disarm all hostility." Longfellow
gobs3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 06:01 PM   #25
SFDMALEX
Regular User

whale
Ignorance? Let's just say, I know something else that you dont and I cant really talk about it.

And just for arguments sake, a bike can do 2.5 knot to sixty aswel.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:07 PM   #26
martin100
Regular User

^^^ It might slightly slower in the corners than IE Enzo or Zonda F, but on the straights it would simply blow them away. Why do you all hate this engineering masterpiece
martin100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 06:08 PM   #27
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by martin100
^^^ It might slightly slower in the corners than IE Enzo or Zonda F, but on the straights it would simply blow them away. Why do you all hate this engineering masterpiece
I know something you dont
Old 01-30-2006, 05:46 PM   #28
ice
Regular User

As great an engineering marvel the Veyron is, it is not a race car on the same level as the pagani or Enzo. Sure, it may be quicker than an F1 car (then again, F1 cars are not geared to make a headline 0-60 number like the Bugatti is, only to hype up and justify the millions of dollars in losses that it took to build it), but what makes F1 cars so fast on a track is thier low weight, ridiculously high cornering speeds and thier braking abilities. THese characteristics the Bugatti doesnt have, and i believe a time around what an F430 or 911 turbo would do around the track would be a GOOD result for it.

Once on a track, accelerating from corner to corner, the huge power difference between the veyron and the others would be mostly neutralized, especially due to the supposed turbo lag that Murray was so happy to point out.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 05:50 PM   #29
LotusGT1
Regular User

It's not really an accomplishment to reach 1000hp with a quad-turbo V16. I don't really see how this is such a masterpiece...
Old 01-30-2006, 06:11 PM   #30
golfiste
Regular User

lotus gt1 common it's a masterpiece you know why cause they vw are the first manufacturer to realize something like that

car videos
golfiste is offline   Reply With Quote