Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 10-29-2007, 10:01 AM   #16
MIHALS
Regular User

congrats on a great buy Gray - for that value I'm sure you won't buy any better car for a daily use

some nice scenery shots would be appreciated

enjoy your new toy and stay safe
Old 10-29-2007, 10:16 AM   #17
T-Bird
Regular User

so you finally did it. I remember talking to you about one way back in February in Detroit. I see you made the right choice you and Nthfinity know what I'm talking about...
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 11:16 AM   #18
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
Originally Posted by acmarttin
Congrats dude!!!! The CF dash looks really good, helps the interior of the car a bit. But I'm sure you didn't buy it for the interior

Can't wait for the writeup. Enjoy her, pal.
While Gray is 'sleepin' I'll take some 'liberties' and say that actually, Gray did buy the C6 for it's interior... to compare vs. a C5 Z06, and also for a full warranty, and to be the 1st owner of such a car.. and his car has slightly more power then a C5 Z06 (436 hp, 424 tq)

Congratulations Gray!
Congrats on the new ride.

Now I'll take some liberties and add:

Buying new is great for the "experience", however, the mod-bug will bite, and when it does, the car being new just makes you regret going new I see this everyday as people roll their rides up to folks like MTI and pay again to make the cars faster and turn harder

Pretty soon the car will "need" headers, intake, cat back and maybe wheels (to get some wider rubber under the fenders) - then when you get bored of GTO's, M3's and Camaros blowing you away on the freeways you reach for a cam maybe

Nth - the only C5 Z06's still at 405bhp (or even 385bho for 2001's) are the ones owned by retired coin collectors and are not really even being driven that much The 20bhp diff. is dispatched with a couple minor tweaks. (and a savings of about @15k ) - let's not kid ourselves - its all about speed and power

Again - congrats, but remember not to feel bad or come down to hard on yourself as you go to mod your car and think to yourself "Damn - I regret not buying used - as I hate to tear into my new car " - but don't worry, regrets won't stop you from modding - the first time some "punk" in a 1998 C5 Coupe blows by you'll be logging onto a Vette Retailer website looking for parts

Welcome to the family dude.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 11:29 AM   #19
sameerrao
Regular User

Congrats Gray!

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 12:10 PM   #20
harryo2b
Regular User

Damn, you fell for the bait!

Congrats, like RC says it's a slippery slope now with mods and tweaks galore.

2006 Porsche Boxster S/Atlas Grey Metallic/Black/Black/6 spd
Canon 30D/17-85 IS/70-200 4L IS/580EXII/430EX/B+W Filters
harryo2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:16 PM   #21
ARMAN
Regular User

I am one jelows m********er right now ops: Congrats Gray, she's a gorgeous looking virgin waiting to be driven hard

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 05:15 PM   #22
TT
Regular User

Congrats on the new ride!!

What about the Trans Am and Nissan? I think I see the former in the first pic...
Old 10-29-2007, 06:03 PM   #23
graywolf624
Regular User

Thanks everyone. Scenary shots will be comming the next nice weekend we have, unfortunately I didn't time the weather too well. Other then the few minutes of sunlight for washing it rained during most of my free time.

I'm still telling myself no mods. We'll see how far that goes...

The Nissan was sold about 2 weeks ago. As for the Trans Am, well that is up in the air. I'm not going to drive the vette every day so Im faced with the questions:
Is the TA acceptable for Snow and Ice? Am I prepared to keep this car for a long time as right now I can still get all my money back, a few more miles and the low mileage thing is out the window. (Im at 7k miles on a 9 year old car).

The answer to the T/A (and yes its in the background) is a maybe. I've listed it in a few spots at 17k. If it goes with no work from me, then goodbye TA. I'll get a higher mileage specimin later and right now Ill go find a cheap daily driver. If no quick bites, then the T/A stays the daily driver (I can do worse) and I go get myself some snow tires.

Honestly the T/A may be the solution to the mod bug. I don't like its handling over bumps. Maybe I can feed the mod hunger by doing a few modifications to it's ride while leaving the C6 alone... Then again I could also end up modding 2 cars... Is there a name for this addiction?

Gray did buy the C6 for it's interior... to compare vs. a C5 Z06, and also for a full warranty, and to be the 1st owner of such a car..
Somewhat true. I wanted a performance car for open track days that I could also deal with on a cross country ride. In other words a fantastic grand tourer. The interior didn't need to be fantastic level, but it had to be nice enough that I won't shoot myself after a few hours. Besides I still attest I don't like pop up headlights, my TA notwithstanding.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:39 AM   #24
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by graywolf624
I'm still telling myself no mods. We'll see how far that goes...
About as far as the first GTO pulling you on the Turnpike
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 03:56 AM   #25
MidEngine4Life
Regular User

Nice car to have at 26
Old 10-30-2007, 05:27 AM   #26
evoWalo
Regular User

good car for any age!
Old 10-30-2007, 02:31 PM   #27
79TA
Regular User

Niiiiiiiiiiiice! :good: :shock: :good: :good: I'm glad you stuck it out for the LS3. Did you get the Z51 package and exhaust option for the extra 7 horsepower? I guess I'll just wait for your review. I'm jealous to say the least.
79TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 08:01 PM   #28
sentra_dude

Awesome car, I like the color, can't wait for a review. 8)

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 09:37 PM   #29
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Very nice!
Old 10-31-2007, 04:35 PM   #30
jon_s
Regular User

Sweet! Congrats - you must be very proud!

0X
jon_s is offline   Reply With Quote