Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 12-18-2007, 02:59 AM   #31
TT
Regular User

Yes, pretty much the same around here. And that's probably why I didn't manage to snatch a 993 neither
Old 12-18-2007, 04:58 AM   #32
RAMMIUS
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT View Post
The bike is still running smooth as the first day. I might have rode 8'000 km myself, but let's not forget the total km under its belt is more like 18'000, with no major problem so far (fingers crossed).
Only did a single service so far (15'000 km), and it only needed some oil. Next one is due in 2'000 km, just in time to open the warm season probably.

Pfffff, stop lying around , everybody knows what piece of craps Ducati are. Poser`s bike, worthless machines that break down every 2 miles aaaa kilometers.
You probably keep it all day long in the service.

Old 12-18-2007, 02:42 PM   #33
TT
Regular User

Hehe, no fucking way

Honestly, I didn't really rode 1000 bikes in my times, but in a way or another, tested quite a few, and none is so damn spot on as the Monster is. Feels like a glove (already did 350 km straight without putting a foot on the ground and had no pain at all in legs, butt or arms), goes already fast enough to make you happy (at least the 900cc) and it has one of the best shapes ever IMO.

Since the launch of the future model, I must admit I am wondering if I will switch to it or what when the big capacity engine will be unveiled, probably in 2009... no idea really, but I am 99% sure my next bike will be another Ducati.

In fact, I was also wondering: why not having two bikes at once? Hell, since I started working, I have had two cars, so the same should be possible with two wheelers, shouldn't it?
Old 12-18-2007, 07:22 PM   #34
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas View Post
Glad to hear thet Ducati works as if it was new!! especially when you've heard so many times how unreliable they are...
I would guess the reason TT's is proving to be reliable is because he is riding it a lot... the ones that people buy to pose on at Starbucks and ride 100km per month tend to be the ones that are always breaking and proving to be unreliable

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas View Post
you must be really addicted to it riding it a -5ºC LOL! I'm sure I would take the booring A4 instead!!
I think TT is just enjoying the freedom of motorcycling in a country with great roads and scenery in general.

True motorcyclists ride just to ride, not ride because it is good weather
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 11:21 AM   #35
T-Bird
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
I would guess the reason TT's is proving to be reliable is because he is riding it a lot... the ones that people buy to pose on at Starbucks and ride 100km per month tend to be the ones that are always breaking and proving to be unreliable

I think TT is just enjoying the freedom of motorcycling in a country with great roads and scenery in general.

hell yeah my one teacher rides his bike through the winter as long as there is no snow actually falling on the roads. he is a biker at heart he even bought his daughters bikes as soon as they had their licenses.

And TT the bike is looking good as always. My cousins Ducatti doesn't give him problems either. Any mods coming for it?
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 11:38 AM   #36
sentra_dude

Dang TT, you are hardcore to ride when its that cold! I'm glad to hear its not giving you any problems. You should definitely get another Italian, just save up until you can get a nice 328.

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 02:56 PM   #37
TT
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45 View Post

True and true. I was missing a bike so badly lately, and now that I have it, I tend to make up "very important" errands every other sec.
This morning I was working at a client's office near my home, so I used the A4. Tonight at 6 pm, when done, I decided I could take my laptop and working papers at the office right away, so tomorrow I could ride with no heavy backpack.. and well, I obviously took them to Lugano with the Monster LOL

Originally Posted by T-Bird View Post
hell yeah my one teacher rides his bike through the winter as long as there is no snow actually falling on the roads. he is a biker at heart he even bought his daughters bikes as soon as they had their licenses.

And TT the bike is looking good as always. My cousins Ducatti doesn't give him problems either. Any mods coming for it?
No major mods planned. I still want some new and smaller rearview mirrors. Even bought some, but they looked crap and I dumped them (dumb move to buy them). There are some cool Rizoma, which are fucking expensive but nice.
I also got a new air filter but didn't pick it up at the shop yet.

And I am toying around with the idea of respraying it in white, with red accents, but how could I live without the bike the time they need to repaint it???
Old 12-19-2007, 05:12 PM   #38
T-Bird
Regular User

well luckily it shouldn't take too long since there is very little to spray.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 05:13 PM   #39
TT
Regular User

True, but will still take a couple of days I guess, and I am not really sure exactly how and what to paint, so I'll need lot more time to think about it...
Old 12-23-2007, 01:27 PM   #40
TT
Regular User

I went to Lugano to work a bit today, but when I reached the office, I realized your underground park was empty, and same for the little halley at ground floor...

So.. picture time for the Ducati (dirty as a bike is done to be used, not washed )

Old 01-18-2008, 04:37 PM   #41
TT
Regular User

Ok, the Monster is close to the 20'000 km mark (9'000 with me) and is booked for service next week.

In the meanwhile, a guy I know, offered me a bloody gorgeous 748 S:

The price could be interesting, but it has 50'000 km (MY 2002)... I wonder if it's a wise choice.. afterall my Monster covered 20'000 km (MY 2001) with no problem at all so far...
Old 01-18-2008, 05:12 PM   #42
Igorionia
Regular User

Hmmm...
Try to have both!

Igorionia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 05:15 PM   #43
TT
Regular User

I won't sell the Monster, that's not planned. I just want a second bike...
Old 01-18-2008, 05:30 PM   #44
Igorionia
Regular User

TT there are always risk of buying not new stuff
but 748s - gorgeous bike!

ask him to drive it and u'll understend everything by yourself. Is ir your or not!

Igorionia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 05:38 PM   #45
TT
Regular User

I really hope he'll be home tomorrow so I could take a close look and maybe have a short ride. Tomorrow I'll also be on an hunting mission for a white Fulvia (1968). Made an offer the other day and I'd like to have an answer already

if you think about it
The 944 had 100'000 km, never had a prob before the accident
The 964 had 140'000, never had a prob (ok, clutch to be changed now)
The 126 is 25 years old and no prob whatsoever
The Monster was 6 yo and had 9000 km and not a prob

pointless probably to be stressed about old cars being a PITA... and well, having several other options in the garage, it's not like I risk to be stranded afterall