Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 08-01-2007, 11:09 AM   #16
sentra_dude

Excellent pics TT, it looks like you are having a blast with your new toy. 8)

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 12:24 PM   #17
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Damn dude you got my dream bike! very badass!

Although that optional seat is better then the stock its still badass. (Forgot what the name of the seat was. )
Old 08-06-2007, 05:10 PM   #18
TT
Regular User

Today I finally picked up the new "silencers"

I'll try to install them already this week, and of course I'll remove the db killer stuff to have the proper "race" soundtrack, hoping it won't be too loud
Old 08-08-2007, 07:08 PM   #19
TT
Regular User

And here they are, installed and booming around town!

Holy shit, they are very loud with the db killers removed, and probably totally unlegal now, but the bike is transformed, with a mad soundtrack now!

really booming, and even below 3000 it's now a loud symphony making heads turn everywhere! Almost embarassing in town, but so good while on the roll!

Sadly it was raining very heavily today, so I had to ride quite slowly and wasn't able to take any picture ....
Old 08-10-2007, 03:07 PM   #20
TT
Regular User

Here is the new look!

Crappy, and I mean CRAPPY vids giving a vague, and I mean, VAGUE idea of the new sound ... sadly couldn't do better with the shitty material I've got :bah:
Old 08-11-2007, 05:21 AM   #21
saadie
Regular User

looking awsome ... 8)

haha .. seems like a really 'big guy' .. would drive soemthing like this :prr:
Old 08-11-2007, 05:24 PM   #22
TT
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
They look awesome Matteo, way better than the original aluminium ones!!

BTW - where are the vids?
ops:

:arrow:

http://rapidshare.com/files/48202920/Revving.MOV

http://rapidshare.com/files/48204222/Leaving.MOV
Old 09-22-2007, 02:34 PM   #23
TT
Regular User

Well, here we are, 5'500 km into the Ducati experience! Since I took her home, I only drove one of my cars to attend the Porsche meeting the other month, and never again. Every single day I went to work on the Ducati, cold, hot, rain, doesn't matter, I can't get tired and I'm falling in love more and more! The fact I average 100 km per day since day 1 should mean something, shouldn't it?

Since a while I just leave a suit at the office and I switch clothes there in the morning and evening, so I can ride comfortable...

So many mountain passes, lakes, regular commuting trips... and it's so nice to see, every time I stop somewhere, ppl taking a look at it, at the weird color, the muffler, anything else. No idea what it is, but even where there are many bikes around it, it never cease to drag attention. Impressive.

In the meanwhile I got rid of the tires and got a new set of Dunlop, somewhere between sport and touring. very happy with them and finally I am confident enough to take some respectable angles.

Some recent pics, including some trips, some friends, new tires and a detail of my Tom Tom installed in quite an amateurish way this morning for a very tricky trip, impossible to do without a sat nav IMO. Was damn funny actually!

Old 09-22-2007, 04:25 PM   #24
sentra_dude

It sounds like you are having a lot of fun with this bike TT! How many months ago did you get it? It seems like you just got it and now you are saying you've passed 5,500KM! It must be nice if you are choosing it over the car every day. Great pictures, the first one with the dark sky in the background is really neat. Thanks for the update TT. 8)

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 05:29 PM   #25
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
Since a while I just leave a suit at the office and I switch clothes there in the morning and evening, so I can ride comfortable...
See how easy it is to enjoy motorcycling 110% ?
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 04:33 PM   #26
TT
Regular User

It was at the top of the Nüfenen, coming back from a 4 passes rampage. Gotthard, Susten, Grimsel and Nüfenen 250 km of pure heaven, especially the Susten

Originally Posted by sentra_dude
It sounds like you are having a lot of fun with this bike TT! How many months ago did you get it? It seems like you just got it and now you are saying you've passed 5,500KM! It must be nice if you are choosing it over the car every day. Great pictures, the first one with the dark sky in the background is really neat. Thanks for the update TT. 8)
Well, basically two months ago. As said, after 52 days I was at exactly 5200 km, that's a 100 km / day average

Today I took it to the shop for a quick checkup: everything's fine, they just had to put some oil in it... 60 swiss francs and I was back in business!
Old 12-17-2007, 05:57 PM   #27
TT
Regular User

Here we are, 2008 is almost there and the Ducati is still kicking! Bloody cold around here (well, for my region at least), and this mean, at 7 am when I ride to the office, I can see temperatures from -5 to +2 C, which isn't that fun when you have some 15 minutes of highway to do. With no wind protection whatsoever, it ain't that cool, but well, it is to ride my baby, so, till there won't be snow on the ground, I won't put it away

The bike is still running smooth as the first day. I might have rode 8'000 km myself, but let's not forget the total km under its belt is more like 18'000, with no major problem so far (fingers crossed).
Only did a single service so far (15'000 km), and it only needed some oil. Next one is due in 2'000 km, just in time to open the warm season probably.

I am pretty happy with the Dunlop tires, which are maybe not hyper fast as far as waming up goes, but still have good grip on the wet and on cold days.

Apart from that, I got myself a supercool Ducati by Dainese leather jacket, Ducati red of course, which might not go perfectly well with my Monster's color, but looks damn nice!!

So here, we are, that's about it. Sadly the next two days I am at client's offices nearby, and this mean I can't take the bike (as I won't go to the office where I usually switch jeans with suit) but will have to become slightly girly and use the car.

The car... damn, still need to change the 964 clutch, which is really done now (slipping even in 5th gear under medium acceleration)... I took it out for a spin the other day, to get sure the battery wasn't flat, and it's quite delicate... will do that ASAP before spring I hope...

The A4 on the other hand is the only vehicle I have that got winter tires this year... only use it once a week to go to the tennis court, poor little thing...

I'd like to hit the market again, as I have plenty of ideas for another car to add, but I totally lack the time.. I'd like to finally find a good 993, but also a 3.0 911, and what about an original Beetle? Elise Mk I... dang, who knows, maybe I'll stumble upon something nice as it happened for the 944 and 964
Old 12-17-2007, 06:09 PM   #28
sameerrao
Regular User

How about a nice 328/348???? When are you coming over to the dark side. Remember man, once you go Italian you stay Italian.

Good to hear you are liking your bike and that it proven itself to be the opposite of an Italian built object in terms of unreliability

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 06:14 PM   #29
TT
Regular User

Yes, since a while I keep my eyes open for a 308 GT4 in fact, but damn hard to find the right one, and my budget is probably just too small for the moment for a Ferrari.

I also still keep an eye on the Biturbo featured on my indepths.

But well, there are so many car out there. Too bad the 914 I testdrove didn't spark love at first sight in my, god knows why it was there waiting for me
Old 12-17-2007, 10:38 PM   #30
sameerrao
Regular User

Out here in the US the 993 base model costs about 10-15% less than a 348 and avout the same price as the 328 with reasonably high miles on it.

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote