Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 12-27-2006, 01:50 AM   #16
Zot09
Regular User

Originally Posted by thamar
Nice car

What are the engine specs?

Things I would certainly do, debadge the rear of the car (the acura and tsx letters i mean, logo can stay). And place euro headlights if they fit, no more ugly orange About the xenon, OEM they are mostly 4300k. Replace'm with 6500k's
Thanks!

The engine is a 2.4L DOHC I-4 w/ i-VTEC. Using the new SAE standards of measurement, the car makes 205hp(153kW) at 7,000 RPM and 164 ft.-lb.(222Nm) of torque at 4,500 RPM. It really is not all that powerful, but it's definitely fast enough for me at this point in time.

I'm definitely planning on debadging the "ACURA" and the "TSX" in the near future. EDM headlights would be pretty damn cool, but we'll see. Maybe if you send me a pair Thamar. lol As for the xenons, I probably would go to a higher Kelvin rating if my current 4,300K weren't blue enough, but they actually are. Acura's are known for their blue/purple HID's, just like BMW and Mercedes-Benz, so I'm happy with them. I do want to change my fogs to yellow though, either using yellow bulbs(if I'm cheap which I'll probably do) or go for some 3000K fog light bulbs(if I feel like spending $500 on fog lights, which probably won't happen).

http://www.automotive.com/2006/12/ac...ons/index.html
Old 12-27-2006, 05:11 AM   #17
Stoopie
Regular User

Location: United Provinces of the Kingdom of Great Netherlands

Congrats, nice car
Stoopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 11:50 AM   #18
Zot09
Regular User

Originally Posted by thamar
Get some PIAA lights for the fogs, just the bulbs. Little more expensive then the normal makes but they are worth it.

But I would make all lights the same color...
Definitetly, I heard PIAA makes some awesome bulbs.

As for making them the same color, I'm still not 100% sure what I want. I want yellow because I really like the looks of the first gen IS300 with their yellow fogs, but xenon-like fogs also look pretty good...hmmm...
Old 12-27-2006, 12:27 PM   #19
ViperASR
Regular User

Cool car, I like those TSXs, trying to talk my parents into buying one. They seem like they are alot of fun.

"plus being able call your penis master chief during sex has got to be comical at least once"-gis
ViperASR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 05:35 PM   #20
gis
Regular User

^^^ is that the one used on a best motoring episode,if so i love that car,lol

congrats ont he Acure,have fun with it.great car for your age

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 08:38 PM   #21
gis
Regular User

ah in that case no it wasnt,but it looked very similar to that,think it was tuned by spoon.

Old 12-30-2006, 12:07 AM   #22
Zot09
Regular User

Thanks for all the compliments everyone!

Dani, it would be pretty damn awesome if I could tune my baby. We will wait and see, but as of now, I probably won't do much for the next year.

Gis, is the car you're talking about blue/yellow?
Old 12-30-2006, 12:10 AM   #23
Zot09
Regular User

Originally Posted by ViperASR
Cool car, I like those TSXs, trying to talk my parents into buying one. They seem like they are alot of fun.
Thanks! I don't think your parents can go wrong with this car. It is comfortable, it has some sophistication to it, it has a bit of sport in it, it is safe, it is reliable, etc.
Old 12-30-2006, 10:08 AM   #24
gis
Regular User

Originally Posted by Zot09
no it wasnt,it looked same as the one in the pic,all white.may not have been spoon then.it looked great though and you need to make yours look like it,lol

Old 12-30-2006, 12:28 PM   #25
Zot09
Regular User

Originally Posted by gis
Originally Posted by Zot09
no it wasnt,it looked same as the one in the pic,all white.may not have been spoon then.it looked great though and you need to make yours look like it,lol
Maybe it was Mugen? lol
Old 12-30-2006, 08:01 PM   #26
T-Bird
Regular User

what I think would look great on your car besides the blacked out lenses (EDM and JDM) would be the mugen grill, I think it looks very agressive.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 01:57 AM   #27
Zot09
Regular User

So I thought it was time to post some new pics of my baby! It's been a little over eight months, and I'm still in love with her(I have around 14.3k miles on her already!). I haven't done much to her since I got her, except I got my windows tinted a little over a week ago. I got limo in the back, and "medium" in the front(I was planning on 30% on the front, but the tint shop I went to didn't have percentages, only different levels of darkness). But I'm happy with it! Since I recently got a part-time job at a pharmacy, I plan on saving up money for mods. First things first(besides de-badgeing, getting white LED license plate bulbs(like the new Lexus's) and yellow fog light bulbs) is an Injen CAI, and Tein coilovers(not sure if I'm going to get Basics or Type Flex w/ EDFC). Then I'm thinking about a Hondata ECU reflash, and if I can ever save up enough money, 17" or 18" black Volk TE37's w/ Eagle F1 tires. Mmmmm Volks...

TE37 Time Attacks Mmmmmmmmm!
http://www.z1auto.com/images/te37timeattack.jpg

Here are some pics before I got my windows tinted(a few by me, a few by my friend with the E46)

And here are the shots after I got my windows tinted:

Old 08-19-2007, 02:20 AM   #28
Zot09
Regular User

Originally Posted by phatbimmer
You should have gotten the IS250
lol I really like the looks of the IS, but it's too disconnected from the road. As stated earlier, it came down to the 3-series and the TSX.

But who knows what I'll get in the future(I kind of want a sporty roadster like a S2K, or a sporty coupe like the 335i).
Old 08-19-2007, 03:04 AM   #29
Zot09
Regular User

Originally Posted by phatbimmer
yeah my buddy that sold me the supra got himself an s2k and he misses the supra but the car is def. more sporty than the supra and lighter too.

335i ftw
335i w/ PROcede ftw! lol

But seriously, I plan on keeping this baby for a while, I love her. If I could, I'd keep her forever. If I'm lucky(which I already think I am for being able to have a car like this), I'll get a new car when I graduate. No biggie if I don't though
Old 08-21-2007, 04:01 PM   #30
ae86_16v
Regular User

Awesome picture:

ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote