Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 03-22-2006, 01:08 AM   #151
sentra_dude

Wow, thanks for taking all the time to make these write-ups of your cars, I'm really enjoying reading them, they are a nice change from the usual car-magazine stuff.

Nice pictures too. 8)

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 01:09 AM   #152
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by sameerrao
^^ You are indeed a decent and humble man. We can learn a lot from you... 8)

Anyway, enough of the mutual praise, why don't you start some #@$#kicking by saying that "Z06s suck" - that will bring my good friend RC45 into the discussion. He's got a finely tuned radar that homes in on Corvette insulting threads out a 1000 other threads
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 05:39 AM   #153
Jabba
Regular User

Default Re: Having a good time yet?

Originally Posted by magwheel
Got to tell you all something..... damn I'm really having a good time here! I'm on several other car forum sites and they're all pretty good but jeez, you guys are just like male 'Chatty Cathys'. The posts just keep coming and coming. I'm really having a riot on JW (except for the Interpol investigation). I can't believe I'm talking to guys in Switzerland, Belgium, Germany, Australia, England and hey, if I left you out it wasn't intentional! Do I need a passport to continue? See, I knew I didn't have to fly in an airplane to 'see' the world. I just close my eyes and I can see all of you and your Thanks for taking me under your wings and making me a member! The MAGS
We are a family of dedicated car enthusiasts here that have oil running through our veins thats the difference between JW and some of the other car forums on the net.

Anyway glad you like it here and keep on posting
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 05:45 AM   #154
stmoritzer
Regular User

Thanks Michael for the pictures, IMO the green and orange color suits perfect to the Lambos.

I guess the 3 guys on the SLR pics are the "flies on the dog poop"

my page: www.davidkaiser.ch - "Lamborghini meets St.Moritz" Photo-CD now available !
recent post: 15+ Gallardo Superleggeras roaring in the Swiss Alps !
stmoritzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 06:27 AM   #155
ARMAN
Regular User

Great writeup, have to clean my keyboard from drooling ops:

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 09:47 AM   #156
magwheel
Regular User

Default Land Rover Range Rover HSE vs Porsche Cayenne Turbo

Since there seems to be a lot of various people from all over the world on this JW forum thread, I was wondering if some of you could give me your opinions or first hand knowledge of the Porsche Cayenne Turbo. I just read somewhere that they boosted the HP up to 520 hp and it's second in hp to only the 997 Turbo. Did I read that right? Secondly, how does the car drive, does it have a decent amount of room in the interior, how are the other ammenities and do you think it would be a better, more fun SUV than the Range Rover? I've had Range Rovers since the late 80s and I love them. Very minor problems every once in a while and I was just wondering if it's time for a change? I've never really looked at a Cayenne to closely because I think in looks it's just OK and I've been totally satisfied with the Range Rover. Should I just stay where I'm at? Thanks guys, Michael
Old 03-22-2006, 10:09 AM   #157
ARMAN
Regular User

Ask St-Anger he know it ALL about Cayennes and Porsches in general

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 10:13 AM   #158
Fleischmann
Regular User

^^^That would be the Cayenne Turbo S you are talking about, V8, 520BHP, infacts it's more powerful than the 997 Turbo. The Porsche SUV seems to get good reviews amongst car magazines in general, question is could you learn to live with it's hideous looks ?? :p
Old 03-22-2006, 10:20 AM   #159
magwheel
Regular User

Originally Posted by Fleischmann
^^^That would be the Cayenne Turbo S you are talking about, V8, 520BHP, infacts it's more powerful than the 997 Turbo. The Porsche SUV seems to get good reviews amongst car magazines in general, question is could you learn to live with it's hideous looks ?? :p
I guess that means you're not going to be buying one anytime soon?
Old 03-22-2006, 10:44 AM   #160
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by magwheel
Originally Posted by Fleischmann
I guess that means you're not going to be buying one anytime soon?
the looks of the Cayenne/Toureg have been growing on me as of late. its still not as good as what Land rovers look IMO... but everything i hear first had about the Cayenne Turbo (the s isn't available til fall 06 as a MY07 i think) points to it being both a capable SUV; and amazing on paved surfaces concidering its hight, and bulk.... this is only coming from men so far... the women i've seen driving the Cayenne turbo seem to almost always have a cell in thier ear

there is already a powerkit option for the 955; i think it bumps it near 500 hp; and the S is 520 hp running a few more bar.

http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16472
^^^^^
st-a's index to find nearly everything you could want to know about the P cars

http://www.motorworld.net/forum/show...=138048#138048
^^^^^
model specific about the Cayenne turbo MY 05

I know St-a loves the Cayenne, and for a while was driving a Cayenne S with the 6 speed manuel. this was his daily driver after he sold the 7 series, and 350Z; which he also loved qutie a bit.

drop him a PM, he is an absolute wealth of information, and a stand-up chap
Old 03-22-2006, 12:12 PM   #161
stmoritzer
Regular User

^I see you got the major links on JW already

and yes, it's the new Turbo S which has 520hp, second powerful Porsche after the CarreraGT

Personally I never drove a Cayenne :bah:, I can't give you a review. From the reviews, car magazines etc. the Cayenne gets good critics. For sure you'll get Porsche quality :good:, maybe the car is less "offroad"-oriented than a Range Rover <-- maybe because I never saw a Cayenne in the mud so far .

I see a lot of Cayennes in St.Moritz (if you don't know St.Moritz, it's called the Aspen of the Alps or vice versa , and there one can spot many Cayennes .
Among the regular Porsche models, there are mainly two tuners which have the Cayenne in their brochures.

I guess you are not interested in a tuned Cayenne: just in case you would like to browse their sites

SPORTEC
http://www.sportec.ch/pages/frame.cfm?dom=2
Cayenne brochure
http://www.sportec.ch/upload/docs/PD...sche_Cay_T.pdf

RINSPEED
http://www.rinspeed.ch/pages/porsche.../frames_e.html

direct link
http://www.rinspeed.ch/pages/porsche/cay/pore_cay.htm
pics
http://www.rinspeed.ch/pages/porsche/dwn/pore_dwn.htm

my page: www.davidkaiser.ch - "Lamborghini meets St.Moritz" Photo-CD now available !
Old 03-22-2006, 12:17 PM   #162
Shinigami
Regular User

I drove the standard Cayenne Turbo, and personally, if I had the cars you do, I just wouldn't bother with an SUV. The sensation just isn't there.

Having said that, to haul dogs and family around, it does the job quite quickly.
Old 03-22-2006, 12:23 PM   #163
stmoritzer
Regular User

^ maybe you missed that he's driving a Range Rover as a daily car ...
the question is more New RangeRover or Cayenne ?

Old 03-22-2006, 01:10 PM   #164
deth
Regular User

you dont really need to leant to live with the looks. u just need to get a techart magnum

saw one that was a modified cayenne s at work. sounds amazing, and damn does it have presence.

yes yes, i know you like more...stock cars. but like u said eariler, perhaps time for a change?

oh, and did i mention they have tuning stages to take the cayenne turbo over 600bhp

http://www.cecwheels.com/images/medi...ayenne_pg1.pdf
Old 03-22-2006, 01:16 PM   #165
sameerrao
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by sameerrao
^^ You are indeed a decent and humble man. We can learn a lot from you... 8)

Anyway, enough of the mutual praise, why don't you start some #@$#kicking by saying that "Z06s suck" - that will bring my good friend RC45 into the discussion. He's got a finely tuned radar that homes in on Corvette insulting threads out a 1000 other threads
What did I say

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote