Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-13-2008, 03:33 AM   #1
79TA
Regular User

Default the fox body

Sooo, as some of you might remember, I was looking for a cheap/fun car with a manual transmission back in February and I bought one, this 1987 Ford Mustang GT, back on March 9th. I'm finally getting around to posting some pictures of it more than 4 months later. Oh well, here they are.

can't forget the custom pic . . . my old JW printout got kind of thrashed

The car is BONE stock. The only things I've done to it have been for the sake of repair . . . so far. I do have a set of 3.73's i could throw in sitting in the garage but I really do value low rpm freeway cruising in a car that I use to commute with. (I still have the Olds by the way and intend to keep it.)

Here's the car just after it was towed home.

I recommend ripping things apart and vacuuming right away when one has bought a used car. I think I found about 2 dollars in change among differing kinds of filfth.

Here's my Mustang next to my family's (soon-to-be) racer Fox Body (no, not a drag racer)

repairs:

I bought the car barely running and had it towed home. It's biggest problem was revealed when my cousin was able to easily twist the distributor by hand. The timing was off by at least 30 degrees so it's not wonder that it didn't want to run. I went through my usual used car ritual of changing the fluids, spark plugs, timing chain, and water pump. This time, it turned out I didn't need the timing chain as the Mustang already came with a metal tooth double roller, but by the time I had opened it all up to discover that, it was too late to turn back. Lastly, when tearing things apart, it's a good chance to clean things up . . . like my radiator that looked as if it had eaten a bush.

Also, the car's rear brakes were shot, so I put on new drums and shoes (and of course bled the brakes and changed the fluids.) Then there were a couple of niggling little things. The black car has the same exact interior and is a perfect parts car. Because of it, I was able to find many random things that I needed to fix my car. For instance, the prop rod and bushing thing needed for the trunk to latch properly.

All of this was finished way back before April and I've been commuting with it since. I've just been uber lazy about getting pictures up.

aaaand two more pictures for good measure
79TA is offline   Reply With Quote