Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 01-21-2007, 10:05 PM   #16
sameerrao
Regular User

^ Vansquish, I read in a Road & Track long term test that they had a tough time starting the car in cold. I forget what was the issue but the car was dead in the morning after a cold night.

Did you face any such issues?

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:27 AM   #17
mit5005
Regular User

Originally Posted by Vansquish
No, you won't have to put oil in the gas, but I would strongly recommend that you carry a couple of quarts of 5w-20 non-synthetic in the trunk, as in my experience (I ran a Black RX8 for a year) it drinks around a quart every 1500 miles or so. Enjoy the car though...it's a lot of fun.
Yeah I have read about this. My dad's new Roush takes the same oil but he said the local auto parts doesnt sell 5-20, only 5-30. I guess I'll have to look around for the 20 weight.

Originally Posted by Mattk
Sounds great. 34 miles!?!?! The old owner mustn't have liked it very much. Or was it a demonstrator?
It wasn't used. I guess it was just a left over 06 the dealer had. The dealer is a Dodge/Mazda place and they are currently building a new structure next door specifically for Mazda, so they probably didn't have enough room to display all of the 8's.
mit5005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:06 AM   #18
TopGearNL
Regular User

It wasn't used. I guess it was just a left over 06 the dealer had. The dealer is a Dodge/Mazda place and they are currently building a new structure next door specifically for Mazda, so they probably didn't have enough room to display all of the 8's.
Those are the moments you should look for, to get a good deal
Old 01-22-2007, 01:35 AM   #19
Vansquish
Regular User

Nope...it was quite reliable. The only thing of which you should be aware is that if you flood the engine or start the car, move it up the driveway and then shut it off again (or any other such short distance), you run the risk of leaving unburnt fuel in the engine...it'll pass directly into the cats thanks to the rotors simply sweeping it to the exhaust ports rather than burning it as in any other ICE. Basically all that means is, don't stall it on startup if you can avoid it, and if you do have to move it a short distance as I described, give it enough time to warm up a little before you shut it off. It's slightly wasteful, but will ensure that you never have trouble starting it. Aside from all that, you're in Texas if I'm not mistaken, so the likelihood of you having weather cold enough to make it fail is pretty slim in the first place.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 11:04 AM   #20
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

Not a bad choice definitely a fun car to drive.. I had the pleasure if renting a RX-8 sport in 6speed a couple years ago..

Have fun and take good care of that rotary!
Old 01-22-2007, 01:12 PM   #21
mit5005
Regular User

Originally Posted by TopGearNL
Those are the moments you should look for, to get a good deal
Definitely, got it down from 30k sticker to 24,300. I never thought I could get a new 6-speed model that cheap. And it has a lot of features as well like the HID's, 6 cd changer, spare tire kit, etc.
mit5005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 11:03 AM   #22
master_jcp
Regular User

Congrats. What was with a Z350?
master_jcp is offline   Reply With Quote