Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 07-28-2007, 02:08 PM   #16
T-Bird
Regular User

start shopping ebay for Stock STi parts if you want just a decent up in power.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 09:36 PM   #17
Pokiou
Regular User

hmm the mountain roads are fun in these cars.. i took mine out a few times to the hills.. just loved it.. then took my uncles 2005 model.. loved it again ... lots of grip.. seriously fun car.

like i said .. awesome purchase..
Pokiou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 07:16 AM   #18
SPEEDCORE
Regular User

Welcome to the Rexy club

I really love the look of the 07 model! and with the fugly model only afew weeks away your car can only gain in value! hahaha.

Congrats on the purchase!

I still have my Rex, coming to 8yrs now! I really have to start a thread about it one day ops:
SPEEDCORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 09:46 PM   #19
corvette97
Regular User

hey congrats on that car...that shape has grown on my a LOT!

really nice...for first mod you should get a rear sway bar, i have cusco 22mm adjustable, and the 21mm front, get those and the car will be incredibly diferent...also play with tire pressure (i basically use 31 front/28 in the back)
i get a lot of oversteer...when i really want to get wild in the hills i use 23 in the back!

also another cost free mod, no repercusions is the intake silencer delete...also know as snorkus...my car is runing .5psi more, the cai sound... its a very nice sound...

and something you have to HAVE is an exhaust... just as a recomendation dont get american stuff, buy jap parts

if i where you id paint the stock wheels gold and get blue lug nuts...that would be great!

congrats!
Old 08-09-2007, 10:30 PM   #20
racer_f50
Regular User

Thanks man

I'll definitely be saving up for sway bars, but that may take a while since my girlfriend and I are saving up for a house down payment. I've heard that its worth doing both front and back sway bars, so I'll probably do both at the same time.

I've seen people talking about the "snorkus" on ClubWRX and NASIOC, but really don't know what it is just yet. I'll read into it for sure, as anything which may make my engine louder (it's just too quiet in the cabin!) will be appreciated. I just love the grumble of the boxer, but it's too muted inside.

I've thought about exhaust, and would probably lean towards SPT since it's made by Subaru and I could easily get it, but what recommendation would you have for a nice deep sound which isn't too loud?

Not sure on the gold wheels, I'd definitely do that if I had an STi, but for now I really like the blue/silver color combo. However, someday I plan on getting winter tires/rims, so perhaps those will be gold as it seems more appropriate in those road conditions.
racer_f50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 11:37 PM   #21
corvette97
Regular User

snorkus delete is worth 100%...basically youll hear your turbo spool perfectly, you will hear you stock bypass and a deep growl like a intake.

as for an exhaust id say greddy EVO2, not really the power maker but sounds very nice... personally im goign for a TANABE wich is LOUD as hell but thats what i what really...

i encourage you to try 25pounds in you back tires ...youll get MAD oversteer :p almost too much fun but recalibrate later, in cold of course .