Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Photography

Old 07-09-2006, 06:53 PM   #1
ae86_16v
Regular User

Default Sony Cybershot DSC-T5

Has anybody have any experience w/ this camera? How are the pictures? Pros and cons verses competition e.g. SD450 or Nikon Coolpix S5.

Staples has a deal right now for only $200. Seems like a good deal.

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks in advance.
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 07:07 PM   #2
No.1
Regular User

I've got the DSC T30 (the latest Sony Compact)

Its similar in form to this one.

Some criticisms are that there is no optical viewfinder (but the battery life on these Sonys is awesome).

The flash and lens are too close together, and so red-eye can be a bit of a problem.

As a P&S i see no problems with it. Is it for you? ('cause don't you have an SLR?) I find mine small enough to take most places and its great for taking quick snaps when with the family or friends.
Old 07-09-2006, 11:20 PM   #3
DeMoN
Regular User

I have the T1 and im happy when I dont have to use the flash. Flash on these tiny cameras sux big time. Grainy as hell. So if you intend to use it for outdoor pics, then its fine.
Old 07-10-2006, 02:45 AM   #4
ae86_16v
Regular User

Thanks guys. Yeah I have a Nikon D50 right now. Was looking for something small, pocketable, and cool. I had a old Canon SD200 before I gave it to my brother.

I was thinking that I would probably end up using more at parties and going out at night, candid stuff. So definitely going to be use a lot in doors.

Well I guess I could always look for the SD450.
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 07:06 AM   #5
MartijnGizmo
Regular User

Originally Posted by DeMoN
I have the T1 and im happy when I dont have to use the flash. Flash on these tiny cameras sux big time. Grainy as hell. So if you intend to use it for outdoor pics, then its fine.
Build in flash always sucks, but you're stuck with it on compacts. Only some of them, like my Canon Powershot G5 have a hotshoe, but it's a lot more bulky than a DSC-T5.

Oh, and my 550EX-flash is bigger than the camera itself.