Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Lamborghini > Lamborghini Pictures and Videos

Old 02-07-2007, 08:48 AM   #1
a007apl
Regular User

Default YES!!! I like so much this idea!!!

a007apl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 09:06 AM   #2
ARMAN
Regular User

haha italian bomber

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 09:24 AM   #3
stmoritzer
Regular User

:roflmao:

my page: www.davidkaiser.ch - "Lamborghini meets St.Moritz" Photo-CD now available !
recent post: 15+ Gallardo Superleggeras roaring in the Swiss Alps !
stmoritzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 09:29 AM   #4
saadie
Regular User

haha ... sweet! ....
now that is passion 8)
Old 02-07-2007, 09:56 AM   #5
pzgren
Regular User

hehe, very nice!
Old 02-07-2007, 10:39 AM   #6
TopGearNL
Regular User

LOL! Very cool idea indeed! 8)
Old 02-07-2007, 12:24 PM   #7
Stoopie
Regular User

Location: United Provinces of the Kingdom of Great Netherlands

LOL that's awesome What are they Ferrari horses that are crossed about? Ferrari's he beat in racing?
Stoopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 12:42 PM   #8
obdr
Regular User

yeah and did any of you read about how much it cost him to run that car????!!! Its completely INSANE how much he spent running that car for 30,000 miles (this was the point where he did the running costs up....he has more miles on it now Im sure). He could have bought about 10 truly GREAT cars for the price he spent driving that playboys car for 30,000 miles. Then again, to each his own.

He calculated how much it costs him per mile of driving just to run it....not including the price he paid for it and the depreciation he had to eat........I wish I could remmember the figures but they completely blew my mind. It basically turned me off Lambo (and super cars in general) forever.

I wonder how the running costs of, say, a Ferrari F430, would compare. Its just hard for me to believe when, for instance, my dads 2006 Civic (the new 8th gen one) has already got 40,000 miles on it now and guess what:

Nothing has gone wrong
Nothing has needed to be replaced (no brakes, tires, wipers etc) but some filters.
Only costs so far were the two "check ups" in the service plan in which a few things were adjusted and checked as a matter of course. Next service is at 60,000 miles. That will costs a couple hundred.
So basically in 40,000 miles its costs him about $250 or less to pay for the mechanics time to check everything up and make sure all is well and change soem filters.......

Sorry guys, I know its a Civic, but for crying out loud....if a $20,000 Civic can pull this off then why cant a super car?!?!?! Its just kinda sad to me. The only really expensive sports car I see being daily driven seem to be Porsche's and BMW's (m5,M6). The rest just cant handle it I guess. They start to cost too damn much and need too much attention.

I know I know I know......its an ultra powerfull car where the mechanicals are pushed to the edge so, natrually, its gonna require more $$/attention to keep it going. Also, its a hyper car so the people who buy it dont really care all that much about its running costs.

I know all that but still...........its just a bit nuts to have such hugely high running costs. Any "normal" car that had as many problems as his Lambo did over just 30,000 miles would be shunned as crap.
obdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 12:53 PM   #9
Stoopie
Regular User

^ What's your source about the Lambo?
Old 02-07-2007, 01:50 PM   #10
silentm
Regular User

Originally Posted by saadie
haha ... sweet! ....
now that is passion 8)
you mean the bull making "passionate" love to the stallion? omg it's teh ghey buttseks :roflamo:
"Some say that the outline of his left nipple is exactly the same shape as the Nürburgring, and that if you give him a really important job to do, he'll skive off and play croquet... all we know is, he's called the Stig."

The Top Gear Wikiquote
silentm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 03:39 PM   #11
saadie
Regular User

^ aahaha
Old 02-07-2007, 03:42 PM   #12
saadie
Regular User

Originally Posted by obdr
yeah and did any of you read about how much it cost him to run that car????!!! Its completely INSANE how much he spent running that car for 30,000 miles (this was the point where he did the running costs up....he has more miles on it now Im sure). He could have bought about 10 truly GREAT cars for the price he spent driving that playboys car for 30,000 miles. Then again, to each his own.

He calculated how much it costs him per mile of driving just to run it....not including the price he paid for it and the depreciation he had to eat........I wish I could remmember the figures but they completely blew my mind. It basically turned me off Lambo (and super cars in general) forever.

I wonder how the running costs of, say, a Ferrari F430, would compare. Its just hard for me to believe when, for instance, my dads 2006 Civic (the new 8th gen one) has already got 40,000 miles on it now and guess what:

Nothing has gone wrong
Nothing has needed to be replaced (no brakes, tires, wipers etc) but some filters.
Only costs so far were the two "check ups" in the service plan in which a few things were adjusted and checked as a matter of course. Next service is at 60,000 miles. That will costs a couple hundred.
So basically in 40,000 miles its costs him about $250 or less to pay for the mechanics time to check everything up and make sure all is well and change soem filters.......

Sorry guys, I know its a Civic, but for crying out loud....if a $20,000 Civic can pull this off then why cant a super car?!?!?! Its just kinda sad to me. The only really expensive sports car I see being daily driven seem to be Porsche's and BMW's (m5,M6). The rest just cant handle it I guess. They start to cost too damn much and need too much attention.

I know I know I know......its an ultra powerfull car where the mechanicals are pushed to the edge so, natrually, its gonna require more $$/attention to keep it going. Also, its a hyper car so the people who buy it dont really care all that much about its running costs.

I know all that but still...........its just a bit nuts to have such hugely high running costs. Any "normal" car that had as many problems as his Lambo did over just 30,000 miles would be shunned as crap.
stop masturbating ... :roll:

the person who did this COULD afford it .....
you would do the same if you had the money ....
Old 02-07-2007, 04:37 PM   #13
Stoopie
Regular User

^ True
Old 02-07-2007, 08:08 PM   #14
Mattk
Regular User

Interesting concept. This guy takes competition to a whole new level.
Old 02-07-2007, 08:41 PM   #15
SPEEDKILLAR
Regular User

Too bad it isn't real

Tariq Ali - Clash of Fundamentalisms

Blaire is a figleaf

Cars are my hobby, driving them is my passion.

Originally Posted by Dan\/6
damn speedkillar, if you didnt have a title already it would now say 'robofucker' or similar
SPEEDKILLAR is offline   Reply With Quote