Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Top Gear Discussion > The Cool Wall

The Cool Wall Our version of the cool wall.. you decide what's cool and what's not - view the results HERE

View Poll Results: Chevrolet Corvette C6 ZR1
subzero 20 29.85%
cool 27 40.30%
uncool 15 22.39%
seriously uncool 5 7.46%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-17-2008, 08:57 PM   #16
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by EvolutioniuM View Post
Uncool; as its a function over form!!!

Not the coolest corvette ever
Does not look good, especially the side ducts
Does not sound good, no supercharger whine too
Quality is not good too, the dashboard is 2 cm off its place every time you accelerate

But damn its as tempting as an exotic-flavored ice cream to an 8-year-old in a sunny day
Please explain the bold line above. I have been in numerous C5 and C6 Vettes, and NEVER seen the dash move 2mm let alone 2cm's when you accelerate.

And what was that about "no supercharger whine"?
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 10:15 PM   #17
silentm
Regular User

hmm really a tough one, actually from the looks i prefer the ZO6 over this one, i can't really get myself to like those bling-bling rims

'cool' is what it gets and deserves.
"Some say that the outline of his left nipple is exactly the same shape as the Nürburgring, and that if you give him a really important job to do, he'll skive off and play croquet... all we know is, he's called the Stig."

The Top Gear Wikiquote
silentm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 03:25 AM   #18
79TA
Regular User

I only gave it a cool. Despite being the most powerful production GM car of all time, it doesn't give me chills like the Z06 did. Maybe my mind will change when I see one for real. But for now, my high regards for the Z06 prevent the ZR1 from drawing my attention in the same way.
79TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 07:27 PM   #19
EvolutioniuM
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
Please explain the bold line above. I have been in numerous C5 and C6 Vettes, and NEVER seen the dash move 2mm let alone 2cm's when you accelerate.

And what was that about "no supercharger whine"?
Sounds like a tuned LSx with a low whine!! have you ever heard a SLR accelerating, after all the low whine is a characteristic feature of Eaton roots superchargers

About the quality, go to the nearest Toyota dealership and try to knock on the dashboard and the inner door panels, you'll know what I mean

don't get me wrong, if I was in the market for a $100K sports car I would get a Z06 without hesitation, but it GM could made it much better
EvolutioniuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 07:44 PM   #20
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Sounds like a tuned LSx with a low whine!! have you ever heard a SLR accelerating, after all the low whine is a characteristic feature of Eaton roots superchargers
That's what it is. What the hell are you thinking expecting Merc V8 sound from an LS with an Eaton supercharger?

About the quality, go to the nearest Toyota dealership and try to knock on the dashboard and the inner door panels, you'll know what I mean
You're joking right?
Old 07-18-2008, 09:02 PM   #21
EvolutioniuM
Regular User

Originally Posted by HeilSvenska View Post
That's what it is. What the hell are you thinking expecting Merc V8 sound from an LS with an Eaton supercharger?
I'm expecting a supercharger whining like a 6-year-old kid who got his candy stolen, what a big supercharger usually sounds like

leave the sound its meaning less to complain about it and ignore how horrible does this car look like

Originally Posted by HeilSvenska View Post
You're joking right?
Not really, I'm pretty much familiar with American cars, most of the current GM cars sucks in terms of interior quality, especially SUVs .. think of the all new Yukon or Suburban

The thing I cant understand is how many of you guys acts like fanboys, I mean its should be socially acceptable to be disappointed from the styling, quality and the sound of a high performance car!!!!!!

I bet there exist some members whom want to punch me in the face just because I publicly admit that the ZR1 is not a good looking car
Old 07-18-2008, 09:13 PM   #22
graywolf624
Regular User

Not really, I'm pretty much familiar with American cars, most of the current GM cars sucks in terms of interior quality, especially SUVs .. think of the all new Yukon or Suburban
I think the point is less how quality gm interiors are.. and more the utter shock that you think Toyotas interiors are nice. At best the Japanese might.. might.. be as good as the Americans in interior design. That isn't a complement.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:20 PM   #23
RC45
Regular User

I have been in an SLR accelerating - and your point?

Again - your are talking out of your backside.. YOU said the dash board moves 2cm when accelerating.

That is pure crap. But if you had of driven any C5 or C6 Corvettes you would know this.

Oh - and I have been in and around and driven my fair share of Toyotas... they are no less plastic or better built than any modern GM vehicle.

Again you are wrong.

don't get me wrong, if I was in the market for a $100K sports car I would get a Z06 without hesitation, but it GM could made it much better
Why would you spend $100K on a $70K vehicle?

I'm expecting a supercharger whining like a 6-year-old kid who got his candy stolen, what a big supercharger usually sounds like

leave the sound its meaning less to complain about it and ignore how horrible does this car look like
Have no idea what this sentence means.

Hmm - again - you are simply not being truthfull. WHy not take a camera and go take pictures o fall these "current GM cars and tracks with badly made interiors"

You will find you will have very few photos to show for your effort.

The thing I cant understand is how many of you guys acts like fanboys, I mean its should be socially acceptable to be disappointed from the styling, quality and the sound of a high performance car!!!!!!
Sure it is. But if you kept your "opinion" based on facts, people would give it more credit.

I bet there exist some members whom want to punch me in the face just because I publicly admit that the ZR1 is not a good looking car
You wont find a single person like that here - you are entitled to your own opinion, and looks are subjective.

You see, its not against the law to have a diffeent opinion were we come from. Feel free to dislike what ever you want, but don't try to pass off incorrect stereotypes and flat out lies as the basis for your "subjective opinion" - if you do, you will get called out
Old 07-18-2008, 10:20 PM   #24
EvolutioniuM
Regular User

^
RC45, you know what? forget about it

This is not the first time I argue you about something and it gets endless every time as you simply stick to your patriotic BS while you know that your partially -if not completely- wrong

Old 07-18-2008, 10:35 PM   #25
RC45
Regular User

^
RC45, you know what? forget about it

This is not the first time I argue you about something and it gets endless every time as you simply stick to your patriotic BS while you know that your partially -if not completely- wrong
No - YOU stated that the C6 Z06 dash moves 2cm under acceleration.

You were caught in a lie.

Care to explain your first bullshit comment before you run off crying?
Old 07-19-2008, 03:04 AM   #26
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Originally Posted by graywolf624 View Post
I think the point is less how quality gm interiors are.. and more the utter shock that you think Toyotas interiors are nice.
Yes. Thanks for clarifying. That's exactly what I meant.
Old 07-19-2008, 05:23 AM   #27
79TA
Regular User

You do realize that the leather option in current Corvettes is done by the same people who do the Maybach interiors right? Apparently you don't hold Maybach in the same high regards as you do as saaay, Toyota.

The ZR1 is the 100k car, not the Z06.
79TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 08:47 AM   #28
eunos94
Regular User

I desperately want to call it cool but just can't do it. The stupid looking (to me) window on the hood and a few other details give it the look of a cheezy aftermarket accessory pack. It's just not clean enough and slick enough to look factory even for GM. Perhaps it's the preproduction examples or perhaps .. I dunno. Other cars with poor fit and finish like old Lotus Elans, Esprits etc certainly ring my "omg that's really cool" meter but this one leaves me cold so I vote seriously uncool.

Still it is brutally fast and handles well but that isn't enough for me to make it cool.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:55 AM   #29
Pokiou
Regular User

Penis extention of a car..
Pokiou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:59 AM   #30
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Originally Posted by Pokiou View Post
Penis extention of a car..
Meh. Practically any car that cost more than $50,000 US can be considered a penis extension.