Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Books, Comics And Magazines

Books, Comics And Magazines This is the place to discuss Books, Comics And Magazines that you have read / are reading

Old 07-25-2005, 12:39 PM   #1
Apac102
Regular User

Default Harry Potter anyone? (Spoilers inside...beware!)

I finished the new Harry Potter and let me tell you it was quite depressing. If you are a harry potter fan then you will agree that the death of dumbledore is monumentously a let down. And to top it off, harry debates wether or not he will come back to Hogwarts?! I have been recently comparing this the Empire Strikes Back from Star Wars. As nerdy as Star Wars and Harry Potter may sound in the same sentence from a 20 year old , it still is heartbreaking to have the series end on a note like this. Now We have to wait who knows how long for the next book to come out. I just finished yesterday and now Im hoping for the new one to come out next week! Its killing me.
Apac102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 12:42 PM   #2
evoWalo
Regular User

JK had to Kill Dumbledor. The original actor's dead and was replaced by Sir Michael Gambo who appeared as the "celebrity in the reasonably priced car" on BBC Top Gear last December 8, 2002.
evoWalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 01:26 PM   #3
yg60m
Regular User

Default Re: Harry Potter anyone? (Spoilers inside...beware!)

Originally Posted by Apac102
I finished the new Harry Potter and let me tell you it was quite depressing. If you are a harry potter fan then you will agree that the death of dumbledore is monumentously a let down. And to top it off, harry debates wether or not he will come back to Hogwarts?! I have been recently comparing this the Empire Strikes Back from Star Wars. As nerdy as Star Wars and Harry Potter may sound in the same sentence from a 20 year old , it still is heartbreaking to have the series end on a note like this. Now We have to wait who knows how long for the next book to come out. I just finished yesterday and now Im hoping for the new one to come out next week! Its killing me.
I also finished it yesterday and would like the next one to come out tomorrow And I was also very disappointed that Dumbledore died and I don't think JK Rowling had to kill him because of the actor being dead, the movie doesn't dictate her the books ...
I wonder how everything will finish ? She already said that Harry Potter could die as well as Voldemore ...
Anyway it is going darker and darker ...
Old 07-25-2005, 01:43 PM   #4
evoWalo
Regular User

I'm not surprised it is getting darker and darker. The readership is getting older and older.
Old 07-25-2005, 04:19 PM   #5
pharzo
Regular User

Originally Posted by evoWALO
JK had to Kill Dumbledor. The original actor's dead and was replaced by Sir Michael Gambo who appeared as the "celebrity in the reasonably priced car" on BBC Top Gear last December 8, 2002.
Dude...what are you on???

The actors were already replaced for the third movie...why would she kill him off in the 6th book??

This book, by itself, is definitely the worst one so far. But that's because it's basically part 1 of the 7th book...this one is a prelude. Less of an independent book than the other ones.

RC45 about the Z06:
It is also a cheaply made, fast to depreciate, badly service hunk of GM crap.
pharzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 01:39 PM   #6
evoWalo
Regular User

Originally Posted by pharzo
Originally Posted by evoWALO
Dude...what are you on???

The actors were already replaced for the third movie...why would she kill him off in the 6th book??

This book, by itself, is definitely the worst one so far. But that's because it's basically part 1 of the 7th book...this one is a prelude. Less of an independent book than the other ones.
Just speculating on why Dumbledor was killed. The book I think was being written when the actor died.
evoWalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 02:37 PM   #7
pharzo
Regular User

Sorry, but that's a little...out there...

The plot was set 7 years ago when the first book was out. We don't yet know why Dumbledore was killed, but it's a part of the larger plot that will be outlined in the final book. She would not drastically change the plot because an actor died

RC45 about the Z06:
It is also a cheaply made, fast to depreciate, badly service hunk of GM crap.
pharzo is offline   Reply With Quote