Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Old 07-19-2004, 11:46 AM   #31
No.1
Regular User

Originally Posted by thamar
mo portable mp3-players are just rubbish, i can't help it.
Mini-Disc all the way! You can fit a lot of music on'm as you can switch disks, and as easy as an mp3-player with the net-md's.
And a huge pro with those things, if you have some friends that are dj'ing, just put the damn thing into the turntables and record the entire night.
And then we're not even talking about the difference an MD has over MP3 when it comes to audio-quality!
i hear you thamar

BUT

- Atrac 3 is low bit rate and so quality on NetMD is the same as MP3
- Therefore to get CD quality you need to record in real time or have a hi-speed (and high cost...) deck

- This means NteMD is not the way for sound quality

I used to have an MD.. until i got an ipod I was bored of copying new cd's to MD and making compilations. One thing that was good was the sound quality (you can tell the difference between 256kbps MP3 and 1411KBps CD quality) and battery life. This is not a problem with the iPod becaus 6-8hrs is enuff during the day and i can dock it as soon as i get in Even on a long journey 6-8hrs is enough for me because i do not listen to music for that long non-stop

But i am pissed atm... i got my iPod for £240 from the USA (£60 saving) andi spent £60 on accesories. Now a 4G iPod is coming (but when ) and i could have got a 40gig model instead of my 20gig. Oh well.. that's how shit is and i am sure i will buy it if i need these new feautres
Old 07-19-2004, 01:20 PM   #32
evoWalo
Regular User

For those interested on how it looks here's a Quicktime 3D (similar to the MB SLK55 AMG)

http://www.apple.com/hardware/galler...l2004_480.html