Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 11-25-2003, 12:40 AM   #16
levensnevel
Regular User

Jabba dabba doooo

Great vids :infinity:
Each one illustrates perfectly why I prefer 5th Gear to TopGear
Thnx Jabba

Niets of niemand zegt dat het echt moet
En toch, of juist daarom,wil je het beleven....

Weblog
levensnevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 12:41 AM   #17

i dont like that TT gets to be little someone for not posting "thanks", he was just anticipating the dvd rip, if there is one.

if this gets me banned then so be it, i hope it will be seen though. there is a double standard on this site, admin feel that they can criticise, belittle and offend members for ridiculously minor things and on top of that any opinion toward them or criticism is seen as too offensive and "ban worthy". fuck that, let ppl be who they are on here, not everyone is polite, not everyone says thank you or is grateful, not everyone will get along with each other but let people say what they want to say. rude, offensive, ungrateful, this is a great forum but above all it is a place to share opinions, good AND bad.
Old 11-25-2003, 12:52 AM   #18
stracing
Regular User

wow, that is so kind of you
thanx man

how long will these be up?
stracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 02:03 AM   #19
maalox
Regular User

Originally Posted by justin syder
i dont like that TT gets to be little someone for not posting "thanks", he was just anticipating the dvd rip, if there is one.

if this gets me banned then so be it, i hope it will be seen though. there is a double standard on this site, admin feel that they can criticise, belittle and offend members for ridiculously minor things and on top of that any opinion toward them or criticism is seen as too offensive and "ban worthy". fuck that, let ppl be who they are on here, not everyone is polite, not everyone says thank you or is grateful, not everyone will get along with each other but let people say what they want to say. rude, offensive, ungrateful, this is a great forum but above all it is a place to share opinions, good AND bad.

I can see where you're coming from, but I have to agree with TT on this one. This was not the appropriate place to ask about a DVD rip--it is for discussing the 5th Gear vids that were posted. He should have started a new thread, or better yet, just waited, since there is no guarantee that the movie is coming anyway. (Anyway, who cares if we know it's "coming soon"--it's still not available for download so you're really no further ahead than if you knew the exact date and time of release.) Patience is a virtue.

As for double standards, I have to say that I think that Jabba/TT demonstrate amazingly thick skins for some of the stuff that's started going on around here, especially from some newer members who seem more interested in leeching the next vid then actually becoming a part of the forum. Also, I don't think that JW necessarily must be an everyman's forum--plenty of things in life expect a certain kind of behaviour. In the end, everything from here is a gift, so expecting it to come in exactly the package you want could be considered presumptuous. Anyway, this is just my opinion and you have yours--exactly what you said this forum is all about . Just something to consider...

Edit: Almost forgot! ops: Looks to be awesome vids. Haven't got a chance to watch them yet as I've been working on a term project all night. Hopefully I'll get my impressions up in the appropriate places tomorrow. Cheers
maalox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 02:21 AM   #20
CarreraGtRacer

Jabba is the man
CarreraGtRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 04:52 AM   #21
altezza
Regular User

downloading right now
thanks a lot Jabba!
Old 11-25-2003, 06:04 AM   #22
LAMBOR
Regular User

WOW Mighty Jabba!!! THANKS
LAMBOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 06:07 AM   #23
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by justin syder
but let people say what they want to say. rude, offensive, ungrateful
That somes up the majority of your posts and thats why you are such a pain in the ass and are the only regular member to be banned so far.

Obviously the 48 hour ban you received last week didn't make much difference to your attitude here so I guess you will have to be BANNED again until Friday 28th November.
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 06:48 AM   #24
TT
Regular User

i dont like that TT gets to be little someone for not posting "thanks", he was just anticipating the dvd rip, if there is one
Yeh and while he was posting he could have at least said something about all the vids uploaded yesterday...

if this gets me banned then so be it,
:roll:
Old 11-25-2003, 09:00 AM   #25
SDK2003
Regular User

I missed 5th Gear this week :x Were all those cars really on the show ???

|| Canon 20D x2 | 17-40L | 24-70L | 100 USM Macro | 100-400L IS | 580EX ||
SDK2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 09:04 AM   #26
TT
Regular User

Yep, all in one show
Old 11-25-2003, 09:30 AM   #27
PATo355
Regular User

Originally Posted by SDK2003
I missed 5th Gear this week :x Were all those cars really on the show ???

You missed the best programme in the series !!!

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
PATo355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 10:05 AM   #28
ferrari550
Regular User

WOW, all the videos are excellant Jabba. thanks alot man.
I was surprised that the BMW z4 won the little track race with the boxster!! in top gear it was the other way around with the porsche winning, i would take the z4 over the boxster, i just love the styling.
TT vs. 350z, i new the nissan would beat the audi around a track. i have been in one a few times and they do not have the power and they just understeer too much. Every mag you read say that it is not a track car, but with the 350z, that can keep pace with m3's and stuff, great car, looks pretty fat though.
Ariel vs radical, i did not know much about the ariel really, i knew it was a fast car but i know the radical was just sick around a track. so i did not know what to expect!! but i guess the suzuki engine is just to much for the honda.

Great videos jabba, thanks
Old 11-25-2003, 12:29 PM   #29
PATo355
Regular User

Originally Posted by ferrari550
I was surprised that the BMW z4 won the little track race with the boxster!!

I bet the s2000 is faster than both of them in that type of track

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
PATo355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 04:46 PM   #30
BADMIHAI
Regular User

I bet the s2000 is faster than both of them in that type of track
I seriously doubt that!!!!

Thanks for the vids, J! Pretty good. I wonder just how fast that Radical really is... It just seems so..underpowered. I know it's not, but it just seems like it is...
BADMIHAI is offline   Reply With Quote