Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 03-22-2006, 01:21 PM   #166
fabro_s
Regular User

magwheel, one thing to say, I WANNA BE like YOU WHEN I GROW UP :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: you have an impressive collection, I collect cars since a child (scale models) and my dream is to have some of them in real life, I know it consist in lots of work, dedication and sacrifice to have that kind of things, but what the hell, im not going to die before havin my own collection, i swear!!!!!!!

you are only missing a yellow C6 Z06, a Silver SLR, and a Range Rover Sport or Cayenne Turbo!!!

Congrats, really, right now, you are my total inspiration!! I wanna have that kind of collection!!

"Perfezione Leggera Italiana"
fabro_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 01:43 PM   #167
stmoritzer
Regular User

Originally Posted by deth
you dont really need to leant to live with the looks. u just need to get a techart magnum

saw one that was a modified cayenne s at work. sounds amazing, and damn does it have presence.

yes yes, i know you like more...stock cars. but like u said eariler, perhaps time for a change?

oh, and did i mention they have tuning stages to take the cayenne turbo over 600bhp

http://www.cecwheels.com/images/medi...ayenne_pg1.pdf
homepage
http://www.techart.de/homee_gesamt.htm
http://www.techart.de/techart/frame.asp?prog=44&lang=en
this one I saw recently

http://www.techart.ch/fahrzeuge.php?...ne_magnumblack

my page: www.davidkaiser.ch - "Lamborghini meets St.Moritz" Photo-CD now available !
recent post: 15+ Gallardo Superleggeras roaring in the Swiss Alps !
stmoritzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 02:00 PM   #168
Shinigami
Regular User

Originally Posted by stmoritzer
^ maybe you missed that he's driving a Range Rover as a daily car ...
the question is more New RangeRover or Cayenne ?
No, I didn't miss that bit. But I think that boosting power to 520 will make the Cayenne into an enjoyable ride for me.

It's a good relaxed pimp mobile, but... I just don't find it exciting like a two seater does.
Old 03-22-2006, 02:58 PM   #169
magwheel
Regular User

Now....now....now kids.... let's not fight. I really need an SUV because of Winters here in Ohio. If we didn't have all the snow and such, I'd probably buy an Aston Martin DB9 and pretend to be James Bond for a while! When I had the BMW Z8, because of the Bond movie, I think my plate on that read 'NOT BOND'! I really appreciate all your suggestions. I guess I'm really trying to ascertain (I love big words - just wish I knew what the hell they meant) if the Cayenne Turbo S is a lot more fun for the $20K or more sticker.

The Range Rovers have been.... berry....berry.... good to me! One advantage of the Range Rovers is that the Ohio dealership comes and picks the car up and takes it back to Akron, Ohio when any kind of service is needed and doesn't even charge me for the loaner they leave. I'll be leasing 3 this Fall .... Oh yeah, of course, I forgot to mention that I get the 'EX' a new Range Rover every two years too. I had been with her for a total of 30 years between dating and then marriage and she gave me four beautiful children and took good care of me for most of those 30 years...... so I feel a strong moral obligation to continue to take care of her in return! The Porsche dealer whom I would get the Turbo S off of, in Sewickly, Pennsylvania, (had a bad experience from the local dealer here in Boardman, Ohio when I bought the GT2),I don't think does that kind of service ammentity. That means a lot to me! So this is my present quandary. Help guys! I need your input on looks (the car - not me!), the performance, every day versatility and personal driving pleasure.
Old 03-22-2006, 03:19 PM   #170
magwheel
Regular User

Originally Posted by fabro_s
magwheel, one thing to say, I WANNA BE like YOU WHEN I GROW UP :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: you have an impressive collection, I collect cars since a child (scale models) and my dream is to have some of them in real life, I know it consist in lots of work, dedication and sacrifice to have that kind of things, but what the hell, im not going to die before havin my own collection, i swear!!!!!!!

you are only missing a yellow C6 Z06, a Silver SLR, and a Range Rover Sport or Cayenne Turbo!!!

Congrats, really, right now, you are my total inspiration!! I wanna have that kind of collection!!
You mean I'm kinda like your 'American Idol'? I'd really love to take credit for all that I have achieved over the years...... and I've said this before......BUT if it wasn't for my Father, I'd probably still be driving that 1956 Chevy I had as my first car. The only thing I can honestly lay claim to is that I loved my Father and Mother very much and would have taken a bullet for them any time in my life!! (Oh, there may be a few more but none as important to me as the last.) You're unfortunately going to have to do it the hard way like millions of people before you. A good education, a beginning steady job and then branch out into the world hopefully into a job position with somebody or even on your own to where you be able to attain the wonderful things you've always wanted in life!

I wish I could give you some astute advice for your future, but I'm hoping these little tips from the 'spoiled brat' will inspire you to say someday..... Damn, that Magwheel was right, I did it on my own and I apprecite it that much more. Good luck kid and I hope you reach all your dreams someday! Mags
Old 03-22-2006, 05:18 PM   #171
Vansquish
Regular User

^^

Well...from what I've read, the Cayenne is quite capable both on and off-road, but has a harsher ride than the Range Rover and Range Rover Sport. The 4.5L V8 is a gem especially in turbo form, but several reviews I've read of the new Turbo S make it out to be a marketing exercise more than anything else. Truly, a large SUV that'll tackle the 0-60mph dash in around 5-and-a-half seconds is quite nippy especially if it tops out at 165mph. The S's performance gains for the 70bhp advantage aren't that spectacular and probably aren't worth the extra money.

Then there's the styling. I may well be exposing myself for some flamage here, but I don't particularly care for the Cayenne's looks. To me it looks a bit like Porsche tried to lay the "fried egg" headlights and swoopy bodywork of the 996 on an SUV and it's not very effective. The rear end is alright I suppose, rather bland actually, but the nose is pretty hideous IMHO. The interior quality will likely be quite good and functional, but nothing to write home about whereas, I'm sure you feel like you're sitting in the lap of luxury in the Rangies you've got at the moment. The interior accoutrements in the Range Rover product line is substantially superior.

In addition, it sounds like you've had a wonderful ownership experience with the Range Rovers you've got now, especially with customer service, and that in and of itself is an important consideration from my point of view, as if a company doesn't want to deal with you as a customer, then it's probably best to avoid giving them your business...(rule 1: The Customer is always right. rule 2: If the customer's wrong, see rule #1 etc...etc...)

Anyway, I've been spouting magazine-like opinions, but hopefully they're at least somewhat helpful. Your best shot would probably be talking to st-anger, he's our resident Porschephile and has had some experience with the 955.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 01:26 AM   #172
magwheel
Regular User

Default My review of the 2005 F1 Ferrari F430

My living experience with the 2005 Ferrari F1 F430. After I purchased the 575 Maranello in late June of last year, 2005, I immediately fell in love with Ferrari. I originally wanted a F430 but when I asked the salesman (Mike Finneran of MAG - Midwestern Auto Group in Columbus, Ohio) if I could get one of them, he chuckled politely and said there was at least a 2-3 year waiting list. But then he mentioned that they had a brand new 2004 Ferrari Maranello demo with only 110 miles on it. I asked why such low mileage and he said the owner was driving it as his demo and since they had 15 other brands of cars, he changed demos brands frequently, thus the low mileage. So we struck up a deal and I had my first Ferrari. Whoa Daddy!! It was all downhill from there! I was instantly a Ferrari addict! That's when I knew I had to have the F430! So my search began.

Since I didn't know where to look first, I thought, how about eBay? Well..... isn't that where you find everything you always wanted? After a couple weeks of searching, I found one at Scottsdale Ferrari in Arizona. She only had 117 miles on her but it was listed as used.... not a demo. This is where I begin to have trouble with Ferrari. They are SO much in demand that there's this outrageous game the dealers play. The following statement is MY belief and NOT a substantiated fact! They get someone to buy the car new and put say 200-400 miles on it. Then this person brings it back to the dealer who in turn buys it back (I'm guessing after giving the first owner the FULL purchase price AND a couple extra K dollars for his trouble). Don't you feel sorry for this poor guy? The dealership then sets the price to whatever the market will command because it is now a used car (usually something insane)! I've been told that Ferrari Proper does not allow Dealers to sell their cars above the Factory sticker. Thus the GAME! The sticker on my car read $187K but I had (well, they really weren't holding a gun to my head!) to pay $260K or else buy a Mattel Hot Wheels F430 model. You just can't get them unless you're on the 'so called list'! As the great comedian W.C. Fields once said: "Sometimes a man has to grab the bull by the tail and face the situation!"

I picked this particular F430 because of its low mileage (all the others on eBay had at least 400 miles or more). It also had the F-1 Transmission, Ferrari Red brake calipers, the Scuderia Shields, Carbon Fiber interior trim panels, rear Leather Shelf, the Leather Headliner, CD changer and the leather seats also had Red stitching AND Red piping to match. I actually didn't buy t it off eBay auction but called the dealer and hammered (yeah...RIGHT) out a deal. After closing the purchase, they arranged the shipping and I waited and waited and waited. Then I was told, all of a sudden, that the shipping was going to be a little more. All in all, it took close to a month to get my F430.

I had the trucker bring it to a small plaza in Poland because there was plenty of room for him to unload the car. BUT... the room wasn't the big problem.... the car's dead battery was! We couldn't even start the car to back it off the truck since it did have a dead battery. Wonderful! After much brainstorming and lots of swear words, we decided to manually push it back a few feet so he could open the side door of the car hauler and I was able to open the passenger door of the F430 and crawl into the car and take the passenger firewall kick plate off so we could get to the dead battery. Good thing he had one of those portable self contained battery chargers. I then touched the cables to the battery posts and BAM... a few sparks flew. Scared the hell out of me! Well, we got it started and backed it out of the truck. Then a small surprise arose..... the speedo was screwed up! It read 55.555 miles or something crazy like that. I was afraid that I had just zapped the electrical system! Great, just great!

I got her home that night, put a Battery Tender on and two days later after the battery came back to full charge, I read the owners manual and decided to try and reset the car's security system code. Bingo, the speedo was back to normal! Phew!

The F430 is absolutely the easiest of all my cars to drive. It's almost idiot proof (perfect for me!) You turn the key, put your foot on the brake, push the red start button, push the reverse R button on the console, back her out of the garage, touch the right upshift paddle for first gear and you're off and running! I like to keep her in the Automatic Mode. It's comfortable as heck and there's plenty of interior shoulder and leg room and the rear visibility is near excellent (probably the best of all the cars I have). The F1 shifts pretty smooth but sometimes in the AUTO mode, it tends to hold on to the Rs a little too long. The interior leather quality makes you feel like you're sitting on a King's throne! Absolutely stunning workmanship! The dash is laid out beautifully with red stitching everywhere and very easy to read gauges and a huge Yellow (in my car) RPM gauge. The radio is fairly easy to operate but the station digits and setting buttons are a little too small to see if you wear reading glasses (like ME) and don't have them with you. I also have the leather rear shelf and headliner plus the carbon fiber dash panels which really help to dress up the interior even more.

Then there's that that ENGINE..... oh my God!! It screams like a dozen hornets nests that were just broke open and they're all right behind your head chasing you ass wherever you go! Even if you get on it just a little, she whines and screams with an intensity that's hard to imagine. You absolutely have to hear it to believe it! There have been several posts elsewhere on the web that have said "forget the Tubi and other aftermarket exhaust systems, the F430 factory exhaust is absolutely perfect." Boy are they right and not kiddin a bit! Not only does she sound great, she flies with the 'greatest of ease'. The F430 just wants to try and chew up anything in its way. Touch the throttle and she jumps like a beautiful woman that's just been goosed! I'm telling you, this car is a rocket ship in the true sense of the word!

I've read various road tests all over about how fast the Murcie , the Carrera GT and the Ford GT are and you and I both know they're true. BUT, I think the F430 may be able to tickle their asses a little and give them a surprise. One thing you must remember: I personally haven't thrashed any of my cars yet because of needed break-in mileage. Although in reality, I usually don't try to set any Land Speed records anyway. IMHO, the F430 is a fantastic car that any owner would be proud of and never regret purchasing. Plus, I'm pretty sure their resale value will retain the highest percentage of the purchase price of all the supercars I own. That's certainly worth a little smile anyway.

There may be SLIGHTLY faster supercars cars (acceleration and top speed) around, but none that I think are so easy to drive and enjoy. The F430 is the true meaning of the phrase 'Let's Rock and Roll!' p.s. I accidentally forgot to put on pictures of any of the previous car interiors. Starting with this F430, I will do so and hopefully I can send the other interior pics to TT and he will put them on for me in the Gallardo and Murcielago reviews. Sorry about that! I hope you enjoy this review and the others (the Ford GT, the Porsche Carrera GT and the Ferrari Maranello) will follow shortly in a day or two.

I forgot to mention the rear picture of her with the license plate X HIPPIE. I purposely took it with the car running and the exhaust smoke surrounding the plate. Kinda looks a little psychedelic, doesn't it? Now you know why I picked that plate!

Old 03-23-2006, 01:48 AM   #173
sameerrao
Regular User

Yeah the game that you mentioned is a well known fact where certain buyers flip their cars after driving it for <1000 miles and sell it at cost to the dealer who then can sell it at a mark-up to other buyers. The flippers are favored by dealers and always land up early in the waiting list of every new model that comes out.

There are three ways to handle the Ferrari situation, buy new at MSRP but be prepared to wait for X years - in the meantime by a older model to keep you satisfied till the new one arrives or Option B, bite the bullet and buy a flipped car at a premium, or lastly option C, wait 2-3 years till there is a hint of the new model coming out and then pick up the current car at a depreciated price.

The 360 Modena is a good example. When it came out it was flipping at 250K for some time - people who bought the Spider paid 300K for it which is a amazing 100K premium. But now you can pick it for 150K for car in really good condition.

Whether one chooses option A,B,C it doesn't matter - you get a fabulous car and that is all that is important.

The good news is that the flipping premium on the 430 coupe and spider has deflated a bit now. So that is good for future buyers.

Great review of your 430 BTW ...

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 04:23 AM   #174
Rex
Regular User

woooww .. justt ... wooow .. you have super awesome exotic cars collection!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 05:12 AM   #175
MIHALS
Regular User

wow, beautiful reading after wake up

you mentioned the murcie review aswell, which I missed ops: so I'm going to do it now thank you for these, looking forward to read the others! your writing style is so nice, understandable (don't forget English isn't my first language and many other's eighther ) and in some parts funny . I'm saving your reviews for each car and downloading your pics - just excellent, magwheel, excellent!!!

Thank you for taknig time for us and letting us "live" your experience with you

edit: can I be little bit fussy? is it possible to have pics in zip files with each cars? PLEASE!!!
Old 03-23-2006, 06:42 AM   #176
saadie
Regular User

just read all of your reviews .. gotta say ... they are really really cool ... the read is good, entertaining and a bit funny and makes perfect sence all the way lol ... all theres left for a perfect review is some track action 8) 8)
Old 03-23-2006, 08:09 AM   #177
stmoritzer
Regular User

Originally Posted by Shinigami
No, I didn't miss that bit. But I think that boosting power to 520 will make the Cayenne into an enjoyable ride for me.

It's a good relaxed pimp mobile, but... I just don't find it exciting like a two seater does.
sorry , got your sentence wrong...

my page: www.davidkaiser.ch - "Lamborghini meets St.Moritz" Photo-CD now available !
Old 03-23-2006, 08:13 AM   #178
taygunho
Regular User

Originally Posted by Saadie
just read all of your reviews .. gotta say ... they are really really cool ... the read is good, entertaining and a bit funny and makes perfect sence all the way lol ... all theres left for a perfect review is some track action 8) 8)
totally agred with saadie. Thanks for reviews and waiting for others.Last year I watched a Fifth Gear episode about Vicky Butler Henderson's mom drived a Murcielago with E-gear and she drived very well for a supercar virgin. And Vicky said "Yes it is too easier to drive this e-gear murcielago than old manual gerbox lamborghinis" . Your Gallardo has e-gear.What are you saying about that is this is to drive gallardo too?
Old 03-23-2006, 08:19 AM   #179
magwheel
Regular User

Originally Posted by MIHALS
wow, beautiful reading after wake up

you mentioned the murcie review aswell, which I missed ops: so I'm going to do it now thank you for these, looking forward to read the others! your writing style is so nice, understandable (don't forget English isn't my first language and many other's eighther ) and in some parts funny . I'm saving your reviews for each car and downloading your pics - just excellent, magwheel, excellent!!!

Thank you for taknig time for us and letting us "live" your experience with you

edit: can I be little bit fussy? is it possible to have pics in zip files with each cars? PLEASE!!!
Thank you.... thank you..... thank you! You know what's nice is that I appreciate reading your responses to my reviews of the cars as much as you enjoy reading the little 'stories' themselves. Every purchase of those cars actually did have some small drama and a little bit of comedy behind them. Now I think I know how 'Dear Abbey' felt reading all the letters and answering them. For me it's really exciting 'talking' to people all over the world!

Now I have to claim the title 'Dummy of the Day!' Our friend, TT, has been the one responsible for uploading or downloading or sideloading or whatever the proper term is for inserting the pictures of my cars. Maybe he can answer the question of yours about having the pics as 'zip files'. I tried for days, even with all their help (Jabba too), to learn how to do it and I flunked the course. It's almost the same scenario as when I first went to college at Ohio State in Columbus, Ohio U.S.A. After only spending two quarters there, do you believe they kicked me out of college with a three five average? Of course it was a .35 average!!! Yeah... the second quarter I didn't even buy the books for classes. I used the money for all night carousing and eating hamburgers and drinking Coca Cola every night at a famous (all night-I think) restaurant called the 'CHAR BAR.' Had a great time though! It was a little tough coming home to Mom and Dad and trying to explain what happened. See.... I told you I was kinda a 'little spoiled brat' at ONE time in my life.

Honestly, thanks guys for all the compliments and I kook forward to doing the next car review. How about the Porsche Carrera GT sometime today? As the Terminator once said, "Hasta la Vista . . . baby!" and "I'll be back". You'll see why I used these famous Terminator's quotes in the next installment! Michael :snipersmile:
Old 03-23-2006, 08:22 AM   #180
stmoritzer
Regular User

can't wait to read the CGT review