Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Ferrari

Ferrari Everything related to the Prancing Horse goes in here!

Old 02-25-2005, 11:23 AM   #1
st-anger
Regular User

Default ***BREAKING NEWS - official Enzo lap time @ Nordschleife***

...read it first - here on JW 8)

...i canīt believe what iīve just heared - in spring 2005, so not that far away, HvS from Sport Auto will get a Ferrari Enzo Ferrari for their Supertest, and from what i have heared theyīll get it directly from the factory :shock: - now iīd like to hear some confidential infos if anyone from the Ferrari freaks in here have heared anything about the rumours that Ferrari has been working on a special Nordschleife setup for the Enzo after they received MASSIVE complaints - of course everything in the background - why they donīt respond to the Carrera GTīs lap time and whenever a comparison took place on a track the GTīs been in front...

so we know that during industry pool sessions Ferrari sometimes rented a workshop inside the industrial park right next to the NS and they clocked quite some laps with an Enzo - thereīs also a rumour that Ferrari now has a so called "full car" test rig from AVL where engineers can simulate all stored tracks on the car itself, i only know that VAG, BMW and Porsche have such a ( extremely sophisticated and expensive ) test rig...

...as HvS told some time ago... "Sport Auto is just a kinda small mag and basically consists and concentrates on only one thing - the Supertest - but the results of this test are known all over the world because NO other information source is providing onfidential and detailed infos about the hardest challenge for any sports car - a timed lap on the Nordschleife..."

...this says it all IMO - an outstanding lap time at NS is good for becomming a classic and reaching automotive heaven, letīs hope that Ferrari will continue this project for all their future cars, personally iīm definitely looking forward to an interesting challenge Ferrari vs Porsche ( and all the others ) at the Nordschleife and canīt wait for the SA Supertest in spring/summer 05...
Porsche 911
st-anger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 11:26 AM   #2
bmagni
Regular User

YEAH BABY !!!! This is great news !!! finally we'll get the results...
excellent news st.anger, as always

so considering this equipment they have and the workshope they rented, u think it might beat the CGT ??
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 11:42 AM   #3
Anonymous

Default Re: ***BREAKING NEWS - official Enzo lap time @ Nordschleife

Originally Posted by st-anger
...read it first - here on JW 8)
But of course, what don't ya hear on JW , indeed alot of people have been waiting for this should be very interesting indeed, i'd love to see an incar vid of this with the timer ticking down from the CGT time .... but the weight would slow it down i guess Thanks for the info, can't wait to see the result

Ferrari has been working on a special Nordschleife setup for the Enzo after they received MASSIVE complaints - of course everything in the background - why they donīt respond to the Carrera GTīs lap time and whenever a comparison took place on a track the GTīs been in front...
BTW, not on the Top Gear track which is of course the recognised independant benchmark for all cars (and totally un biased too )

Top Gear power Lap times

1st Ferrari Enzo - 1.19.0

2nd Ariel Atom - 1.19.5

3rd Porsche Carerra GT - 1.19.8

Old 02-25-2005, 11:53 AM   #4
st-anger
Regular User

^...WTF is Top Gear
Porsche 911
Old 02-25-2005, 11:56 AM   #5
skituner
Regular User

ohh man im soo exicted
skituner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 12:02 PM   #6
Anonymous

^...WTF is Top Gear
LMAO...... rumour has it that some sites on the internet have videos of it.... haven't found them yet though
Old 02-25-2005, 12:03 PM   #7
saadie
Regular User

^...WTF is Top Gear
you are so right ...
this is excitng .. thx fer the info
Old 02-25-2005, 12:08 PM   #8
st-anger
Regular User

Originally Posted by AL123
^...WTF is Top Gear
LMAO...... rumour has it that some sites on the internet have videos of it.... haven't found them yet though
...i see...have heared though that those ppl on that site should be real asses - oneīd have to do strage things to actually get that vids - wicked stuff... :roll:

naaaa, seriously - personally i donīt have that much respect for the TG lap times - but thatīs just my opinion...
Porsche 911
Old 02-25-2005, 12:12 PM   #9
stradale
Regular User

Oh man, that's very exciting! I hope Ferrari will indeed test the car at the NS and adjust the settings accordingly. Otherwise it's not really a fair comparison with the CGT, which has been tested and honed on the NS specifically.
Old 02-25-2005, 12:24 PM   #10
Anonymous

Originally Posted by AL123
^...WTF is Top Gear
...i see...have heared though that those ppl on that site should be real asses - oneīd have to do strage things to actually get that vids - wicked stuff... :roll:

naaaa, seriously - personally i donīt have that much respect for the TG lap times - but thatīs just my opinion...
Yep its just a bit of fun really (sorry for taking this off topic BTW LOL )
Old 02-25-2005, 12:27 PM   #11
sentra_dude

Whoa! Definitely heard it first on JW! 8)

Anyone want to start placing bets on the time...? So, are we to understand this car will have its own unique suspension set-up, just for the Nordschleife? Will that include special tires as well? Or did I completely misinterpret what you said st-anger?

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 12:51 PM   #12
nejcdolinsek
Regular User

This is awesome news!!!!

Will you be scanning the article when it comes out st-anger???
Old 02-25-2005, 12:57 PM   #13
ZfrkS62
Regular User

:multi: nfire: :multi: nfire: :multi: nfire: :multi:

ohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboy!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see what it turns in nfire: Somebody who lives near the NS, find out when this is to take place and set up on one of those ridges where all these M5/6 vids and such have come from and get some clips i'd be willing to bet :grab: (<-- it'll come out of nowhere and head back just as fast)

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 01:09 PM   #14
|Nuno|
Regular User

HOLY SHIT!!! That's amazing news! Can't wait! :multi:
Old 02-25-2005, 01:13 PM   #15
sameerrao
Regular User

So when's the date of the test?

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote