Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Top Gear Discussion > The Cool Wall

The Cool Wall Our version of the cool wall.. you decide what's cool and what's not - view the results HERE

View Poll Results: Vector W8
subzero 40 21.05%
cool 63 33.16%
uncool 35 18.42%
seriously uncool 52 27.37%
Voters: 190. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-21-2006, 01:18 AM   #31
r2r
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity

pretty soon, if you stick around; or at least keep up with Nthimage.com; you will learn the 100% true story of the AMAZING vector!

of the 17 cars built, only two have had any issues in the past 14 years beyond general maintainence.

one of them was delivered as a show-car to Andre Agassi; (more on his 72 hour ownership later)
the other was a dying man wanting the fastest car in the world.

there is soooo much misinformation on the W8; where it actually outweighs the real info.... In fact 16/17 cars are located; and the missing one was a Saudi Princes' car before it went missing. the three you dont know about; one belongs to a friend of mine, and the other two were in the Yamatto collection (i believe are now sold, but are tracked)

the aerodynamics are 100% wind tunnel designed and tested

i 100% promise i'll be delivering a story even more complete then this one http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=33002 Shocked Cool Exclamation

this car is absolutely Sub Zero!

There is also a bizare story about the owner of the Vector!
r2r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 01:36 AM   #32
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by r2r
There is also a bizare story about the owner of the Vector!
quite a few bizare stories about Jerry !

a piece of history I have there
Old 05-10-2006, 04:27 AM   #33
vectorfiles
Regular User

Originally Posted by Driftzwerg
I voted it seriously uncool. But that's only half true.
I remember buying my first auto catalog in 1990. And I choose the coolest car inside. And it was the Vector W8. Over the years I collected alot of Vector items, and i still love it. Here in Germany we have one of them in the sinsheim automobile museum. And gosh it is gorgeous.
The guys from vector files (I don't know whats's the name of the side now) almost found every single one of them.
The only thing is. it is rubbish:
- 3 speed Auto
- The car breaks down every 100 miles
- Theaerodynamics are stunning, but completley nonsense. Never tested in a wind tunnel.
They built prototypes ever since the late 70's where it was the W2.

Then 17 were built, 13 are claimed to be still existing.
Andre Agassi had one, but sold it immediately (though there was a story, he got an unfinished one, because he wanted it for his birthday)
It had some movie apperances.

The M12 was nonsense. Just a Lambo engine with a different chassis.
They built some more then the W8.
And had a race car which has never finished a race.

Anyway. One of my goals is to own every single one of the W8.
Its judst, you know. Like the first time you have sex.
It is very bad, but you'll never forget.
this is the guy form VECTORfiles.
MY website:

www.drive.to/vector
vectorfiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 04:31 AM   #34
vectorfiles
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
Originally Posted by kidesprit
:rainbowafro: While true that the vector was unreliable it has a fantastic exotic design that remains a standout. Check out a red W8 in the Sean Connery & Wesley Snipes film Rising Sun. 0X
pretty soon, if you stick around; or at least keep up with Nthimage.com; you will learn the 100% true story of the AMAZING vector!

of the 17 cars built, only two have had any issues in the past 14 years beyond general maintainence.

one of them was delivered as a show-car to Andre Agassi; (more on his 72 hour ownership later)
the other was a dying man wanting the fastest car in the world.

there is soooo much misinformation on the W8; where it actually outweighs the real info.... In fact 16/17 cars are located; and the missing one was a Saudi Princes' car before it went missing. the three you dont know about; one belongs to a friend of mine, and the other two were in the Yamatto collection (i believe are now sold, but are tracked)

the aerodynamics are 100% wind tunnel designed and tested

i 100% promise i'll be delivering a story even more complete then this one http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=33002 :shock: 8)

this car is absolutely Sub Zero!
Hi nthimage,

your signature image of the W8 gives some wrong info.
The Michelin XGT tires 200(!) mph approved (not 250),
R&T tested the W8 at 0.97 lateral g (not 1.2)

Also, the VECTOR design has NEVER seeen any windtunnel.
The drag coefficient must be horrible.

I have never heard of any W8 that was taken over 180 mph top speed
and the front end has a lift issue when taken to higher speed which makes the VECTOR most likely the super car most difficult to drive.

I know many W8 onwers and only to have taken their car on the highway at highspeed, one in Japan , one in Germany on the Autobahn.

BUT: yet I do love the design of the car, the overall technical layout plus VECTOR was a one man show in the 70s and 80s.
What Jerry Wiegert achieved with his Vector was way ahead of its time !

It is unfair to compare the VECTOR to any super car that was produced in the 90s, meaning the design is 20 years younger !

It would be like comparing the McLAren F1 to the Bugatti Veyron.
The McLaren has almost No high speed stability either (read the tes reports) whereas the Bugatti rolls like on rails even at top speed.
The F1 has other flaws,too. But for the 90s it was a milestone.
And so was the VECTOR for the 80s.

The major problem for Jerry Wiegert and his creatuion had always been lack of finance. So he came up with the world´s best super car in the 90s that it would be... in the 80s.
vectorfiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 05:09 AM   #35
bultaco_metralla
Regular User

I cant believe thosee seriously uncool, You have to think like people did in the 80's!! today is uncool, but then it was subzero... coool for me!!! Maybe the kids today think that the Delorian is uncool but for me is subzero!!!
!!!
Myabe we could make a Classic coolwall and Coolwall !!! and then compare this vector with the car built that years!! That were ugliest than this vector
bultaco_metralla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 10:52 AM   #36
TNT
Regular User

the wannabe Lambo but instead of coping them they did the opposite and now look at them....
Old 05-10-2006, 11:40 AM   #37
nthfinity
Regular User

Oh my, where to start... Each stat is true

your signature image of the W8 gives some wrong info.
The Michelin XGT tires 200(!) mph approved (not 250),
R&T tested the W8 at 0.97 lateral g (not 1.2)

The car was tested by another publication to 1.25 G with the suspension adjusted for race set up.... like other hypercars, the suspension is fully adjustable. the tires are also w/out any doubt the first set of street tires approved for 250 mph.... and they are also the only of its type in its size. Michillen discontinued them for obvious reasons... but still wont sell the mold

Also, the VECTOR design has NEVER seeen any windtunnel.
The drag coefficient must be horrible.

Actually it has, and I know the guy who did the work; and its cd. is .32xxxx

I have never heard of any W8 that was taken over 180 mph top speed
and the front end has a lift issue when taken to higher speed which makes the VECTOR most likely the super car most difficult to drive.

I know many W8 onwers and only to have taken their car on the highway at highspeed, one in Japan , one in Germany on the Autobahn.

Andre Agassi took his w/out radiators installed to 220 mph.

The W8 was also tested to 242 mph rpm limited @ boneville. the number was publicized, but retracted after the initial owners couldn't get insurance for thier new car.... also, I know the guy who did this.

As i promiced, I will be bringing the full story to light... I've just been extremely busy.... and have a 12pm EST deadline to meet.

cheers, good to see another Vector lover

My information comes from one of the most reliable people, and places possible... no, not Jerry

on a side note, the W8 is slightly hairry at 180 mph, but settles right down at 190 mph... this is the reason why many owners don't taker her up to such high speeds.

if you recall, the F1 had a similar problem at 220 mph, but "settles back down a little above it"
Old 05-10-2006, 12:01 PM   #38
saadie
Regular User

seriously uncool 25% [ 26 ] .. where do these people come from lmao loosers

except for the rear view mirrors .. this car is just on the top of every other thing thats on the top .. haha

subzero 8)
Old 05-11-2006, 04:53 AM   #39
Pokiou
Regular User

i picked uncool as it looks like something that came out of a HOTWHEELS box. looks like a kit car.. and to be honest doesnt look to good

Pok
Pokiou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 08:09 PM   #40
Everlasting
Regular User

i'll try to sum up my thoughts on the car
not a whole lot of ppl recognize this car it's not very well known
i have yet to read about the car's history and such but i can guess it's an attempt by someone to make a very fast car which is always cool
and from what i understand reading some of the posts here, there is some mystery surrounding this car. all the stories about the owners and the maker are strange and numerous which is very cool.
and it's shocking looks are enough reason to brand it as SubZero

u can ether vote seriously uncool or sub zero for this car nothing in the middle should be considered as valid vote

but everyone is entitles to their own opinion i guess
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 03:40 PM   #41
Fleischmann
Regular User

Seriosuly uncool. Firstly it was a huge commercial flop, with only a few ever purchased for road use. It has no heritage...the name sounds as if it was thought of by a 5 year old during a schoolbreak. Also no prizes when it comes to looks.

Seriously uncool.
Old 05-15-2006, 04:00 PM   #42
IMKAOS
Regular User

I like the amount of power it makes but unfortunately the looks just kill it for me...

Having said that tho the w8 is alot nicer on the eye than the m12 IMO and if u are still trying to live in the eighties then this is the car for u!
IMKAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 02:32 PM   #43
nthfinity
Regular User

http://www.lambo-power.com/phpBB2/vi...r=asc&start=17

Old 06-02-2006, 07:42 PM   #44
gangajas
Regular User

Seriously uncool- Ugliest supercar ever
gangajas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 07:48 PM   #45
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by gangajas
Seriously uncool- Ugliest supercar ever
um... you are mistaking that for the McLaren F1 the W8 is HOT HOT HOT! 8)