Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Japanese Cars > JDM Pictures and Videos

Old 12-05-2008, 01:10 PM   #1
pagani
Regular User

Smile SUPRA TURBO @VIR roadcourse

A mkiv supra turbo mods runs whit a 650 whp corvette whit mods
pagani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 01:24 PM   #2
RC45
Regular User

Some guys really really are on crack.

The ony way a 7l C6 Z is getting "650rwhp" is if it is supercharged, and if S/C the sheer torque of that car would leave a "3300lb dry 470rwhp" Supra 20 car lengths back on the straights.

That C6 Z looked/souned pretty stock-like.

I have noticed peoples hp numbers get more and more optomistic as the years go by. And a "3300lbs dry" car with fluids and driver is closer to 3800lbs than anything.

Nice video for sure, but I wish folks (the YouTube video posters) would be more truthful in their descriptions and cars and mods.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 01:28 PM   #3
pagani
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
Some guys really really are on crack.

The ony way a 7l C6 Z is getting "650rwhp" is if it is supercharged, and if S/C the sheer torque of that car would leave a "3300lb dry 470rwhp" Supra 20 car lengths back on the straights.

That C6 Z looked/souned pretty stock-like.

I have noticed peoples hp numbers get more and more optomistic as the years go by. And a "3300lbs dry" car with fluids and driver is closer to 3800lbs than anything.

Nice video for sure, but I wish folks (the YouTube video posters) would be more truthful in their descriptions and cars and mods.
Btw the supra is a single turbo whit about 480 whp or so
Old 12-05-2008, 01:41 PM   #4
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by pagani View Post
Btw the supra is a single turbo whit about 480 whp or so
Yeah - but the Hoosier slicks he is running are the HUGE difference. You will not believe the difference the tyres make. I mean HUGE.
Old 12-05-2008, 01:46 PM   #5
pagani
Regular User

Smile

Yeah - but the Hoosier slicks he is running are the HUGE difference. You will not believe the difference the tyres make. I mean HUGE.
I kown tires are very importand
For me it's the whole package.
engine gearbox suspension and tires
Everything has to work together.
Old 12-05-2008, 01:54 PM   #6
RC45
Regular User

I kown tires are very importand
For me it's the whole package.
engine gearbox suspension and tires
Everything has to work together.
Actually, you will be very very surprised at how important just tyres are - they will overshadow many of the "other systems". Afterall, all the "systems" have to talk to the road via the tyre contact patch

Take a 100% showroom stock car, say a C6 Z06 and only add Hoosier slicks.

With a savvy driver that car will literally be able to chase down and lap series race cars - same is true for a GT3 with slicks, or a even a "shudder" Porsche Gayman..

Tyres are everything.

The single biggest improvements I have felt over the life of my car have been tyres. Even stock brakes work better with better tyres.

I mean if me or any other person with a sports car was really serious, we would lave everything stock, then change tyres, and then maybe address suspension and brakes later - but we would leave the engine stock and just exploit improvements in grip.

Afterall, extra HP is really only for pussys, losers and posers that cant stop and turn - real drivers just need tyres and brake pads

LOL
Old 12-05-2008, 01:57 PM   #7
pagani
Regular User

Talking

Actually, you will be very very surprised at how important just tyres are - they will overshadow many of the "other systems". Afterall, all the "systems" have to talk to the road via the tyre contact patch

Take a 100% showroom stock car, say a C6 Z06 and only add Hoosier slicks.

With a savvy driver that car will literally be able to chase down and lap series race cars - same is true for a GT3 with slicks, or a even a "shudder" Porsche Gayman..

Tyres are everything.

The single biggest improvements I have felt over the life of my car have been tyres. Even stock brakes work better with better tyres.

I mean if me or any other person with a sports car was really serious, we would lave everything stock, then change tyres, and then maybe address suspension and brakes later - but we would leave the engine stock and just exploit improvements in grip.

Afterall, extra HP is really only for pussys, losers and posers that cant stop and turn - real drivers just need tyres and brake pads

LOL
So you are a poser/pussy just the like rest of them
Old 12-05-2008, 01:58 PM   #8
RC45
Regular User

So you are a poser/pussy just the like rest of them
Bingo
Old 12-05-2008, 02:12 PM   #9
pagani
Regular User

Bingo

But still like your car to
Old 12-06-2008, 03:22 AM   #10
xbeakerx
Regular User

i have been to VIR several times and is only 4 hours from my house. this definitely was a track day school. which i've been too. the corvette driver looked a little inexperienced to me but a very nice video and road course.
xbeakerx is offline   Reply With Quote