Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 07-11-2008, 03:42 PM   #1
Minacious
Regular User

Default Minacious is back!!

I know no one really cares, but damnit, I wanted to make a post about it.

New members won't know who the hell I am, but the Veterans will.

My hiatus from MW was because of a move from Los Angeles, CA to Indianapolis, IN. I think the only two here that I mentioned the move to were Jabba and RC, and that is only because of quick IM conversations with them. I doubt they even remember.

Much of my stuff is in storage while I am making moves to get fully settled and in a stable situation here in Indiana. I am currently in a temporary living situation (living with my Girlfriend's sister and her husband) while looking for a house. We will be meeting with a Realtor and checking out some houses early next month.

Indiana is definitely an interesting place. It feels as if everything here is 10 years behind of where it was in Los Angeles. The pace of living here is also incredibly slow. The price of living here, though, very much a plus. A 3 Bed-2 1/2 Bath, with a lake in your backyard, go for like 115k. That is unheard of in Los Angeles.

The car culture is almost completely nonexistent. Cars here seem to be nothing more than transportation; there is absolutely no passion for them. There are very few exceptions to that, and I do mean very few.

The one thing that really sucks here is the lack of Animation/Graphics houses. After a couple weeks of looking for a good Graphics company to work with, I gave up and went to a job agency to see what they could find for me. They told me, and I quote, "I am in the wrong state for that type of stuff." I had to chuckle when the lady told me that. It looks like I am going to have to start my own business and take advantage of the lack of companies over here.

Anyway, I am happy to be back and have a lot of catching up to do.

Oh yeah, one more thing, I am coming to you from my latest computer build done over here which I have dubbed The Widow Maker. A quick rundown of specs are a QX9650, 8GB of Mushkin RAM, 2TB of WD HD space, 2 EVGA GTX 260s, an XFi for the sound, a 24" Samsung to see it all, and a few other goodies. She will be getting tweaked up, but I just haven't had the time.

Minacious, OUT!!
Old 07-11-2008, 03:53 PM   #2
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by Minacious View Post
I know no one really cares, but damnit, I wanted to make a post about it.

New members won't know who the hell I am, but the Veterans will.

My hiatus from MW was because of a move from Los Angeles, CA to Indianapolis, IN. I think the only two here that I mentioned the move to were Jabba and RC, and that is only because of quick IM conversations with them. I doubt they even remember.

Much of my stuff is in storage while I am making moves to get fully settled and in a stable situation here in Indiana. I am currently in a temporary living situation (living with my Girlfriend's sister and her husband) while looking for a house. We will be meeting with a Realtor and checking out some houses early next month.

Indiana is definitely an interesting place. It feels as if everything here is 10 years behind of where it was in Los Angeles. The pace of living here is also incredibly slow. The price of living here, though, very much a plus. A 3 Bed-2 1/2 Bath, with a lake in your backyard, go for like 115k. That is unheard of in Los Angeles.

The car culture is almost completely nonexistent. Cars here seem to be nothing more than transportation; there is absolutely no passion for them. There are very few exceptions to that, and I do mean very few.

The one thing that really sucks here is the lack of Animation/Graphics houses. After a couple weeks of looking for a good Graphics company to work with, I gave up and went to a job agency to see what they could find for me. They told me, and I quote, "I am in the wrong state for that type of stuff." I had to chuckle when the lady told me that. It looks like I am going to have to start my own business and take advantage of the lack of companies over here.

Anyway, I am happy to be back and have a lot of catching up to do.

Oh yeah, one more thing, I am coming to you from my latest computer build done over here which I have dubbed The Widow Maker. A quick rundown of specs are a QX9650, 8GB of Mushkin RAM, 2TB of WD HD space, 2 EVGA GTX 260s, an XFi for the sound, a 24" Samsung to see it all, and a few other goodies. She will be getting tweaked up, but I just haven't had the time.

Minacious, OUT!!
Minacious, there is plenty of car culture in and around Indianapolis... shoot me a PM, and I'll put you in touch with some of the right people. You recently missed a HUGE show in Carmel (a good place to live, just a short shot north of Indy), Indy is "close enough" to gather a fair amount of cars from a wider area compared to LA.

The South side of Indy is not so nice...

It's a "short drive" next weekend to Lexington KY for the Keenland Concours... I'll introduce you to a friend or two of mine if your available. (shorter drive then for me)
http://www.keenelandconcours.com/

Be sure to go to the track, and check out the museum (and specifically, the photo archive room)

Welcome back
Old 07-11-2008, 04:11 PM   #3
Minacious
Regular User

Well I am glad to read that my initial impressions were incorrect about the car culture here. To be honest, I haven't had a bunch of time to really get out there and see what there is to offer, and was basing my impressions on what I have seen up to this point. Once I am settled in a home and everything is stable, I will definitely take advantage of your knowledge of the area. As you can see, I am clueless and still feel like a fish out of water over here.

I was in Carmel 3 weeks ago and it did appear to be a pretty nice area.

I am about 5 minutes east of Eagle Creek Airport right now, and it appears to be pretty nice, at least this area that I am in is.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:11 PM   #4
styla21
Regular User

Welcome back Minacious, great to see you back around.
Good luck settling in to your new state, and with your new venture - if you do decide to kick it off.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:49 PM   #5
RC45
Regular User

Yo!!
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 12:45 AM   #6
SHIZL
Regular User

you'll prob see some dusenburgs around indiana u could go to the musem also
SHIZL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 01:49 AM   #7
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by SHIZL View Post
you'll prob see some dusenburgs around indiana u could go to the musem also
North of Ft. Wayne.... but the Cruise Auction is the time to be there 2x a year....
Old 07-12-2008, 04:20 AM   #8
Mattk
Regular User

I would have thought there was a booming car enthusiasts base in Indianapolis, considering it's the home of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Anyway, welcome back!