Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Ferrari

Ferrari Everything related to the Prancing Horse goes in here!

Old 07-17-2004, 06:39 AM   #1
mindgam3
Regular User

Default F430 Update

Courtesy of Autoexpress

Photoshopped picture by auto express looks very feasible for the actual F430, rumoured to join the 200mph club and with a base price tag of around £104,000 it will do doubt sell like hot cakes. I like it

F430
Page 1
Page 2

"Secret New Ferrari Breaks Cover

Auto Express has done it again! Weeks before Ferrari's sensational F360 Modena replacement is secretly unveiled to senior staff at the firm, the current issue of the magazine can reveal world exclusive pictures of the 200mph-plus machine.

Christened the F430, a name Ferrari trademarked for use across the world in March and April this year, the car will debut a radical new look penned by Pininfarina, under the watchful eye of Ferrari design chief Frank Stephenson. The newcomer is expected to make its public debut early next year at the Detroit Motor Show in January, before going on sale in the summer.

Based on the same aluminium chassis as the acclaimed F360 Modena, the F430 will be powered by a new 4.3-litre, 500bhp V8 designed to see off competition from the Lamborghini Gallardo and new Porsche 911 Turbo.

Inspired by the Enzo supercar and 612 Scaglietti, the F430 could keep the Modena name, but has also been linked with a new Monza badge. It sports a body that's far more dramatic than the current machine. Sacrificing flowing curves for aggressive lines and angles, the car is fitted with bigger 19-inch alloys, larger, functional air intakes and a new rear diffuser to aid downforce.

Auto Express's sources have suggested there's even a possibility that the new F430 will get active aerodynamics, including a rear spoiler that lifts at speed - similar to the new 911 Carrera. At the rear, the car's looks are particularly dramatic, with circular rear lights, similar in style to those fitted to the Enzo and 612. The engine, the centrepiece of any Ferrari, will still be visible under a perspex engine cover.

The unit is a development of the 4.2-litre V8 that debuted in Maserati's Coupé and Spyder. Ferrari has raised capacity to 4.3 litres and revised the engine management and exhaust system to improve the engine's torque output. Although standard cars will offer a manual gearbox, Ferrari's F1-style sequential box will also be available. It's thought the six-speed unit has been further developed to improve the speed and smoothness of the change.

The new machine will also feature carbon ceramic brakes, as seen on the F360 Stradale. As well as offering incredible stopping power, the lightweight composite discs are much harder-wearing than steel items.

Prices are still to be confirmed, but the F430 is expected to cost slightly more than the current Modena, which starts at £103,275. A drop-top Spyder version of the new car is under development, alongside a stripped-out Stradale variant. Both of these cars are likely to hit the road in mid-2006."
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 07:36 AM   #2
No.1
Regular User

I saw this article in Auto Express too.... it looks good, but i think linking styling in the range isn't a very good idea. The 360 looks nothing like the 575, 612 and Enzo.

It seems that the designers were briefed to make these links visible, so their creativity was stemmed by these rules that they had to follow... it looks great though
Old 07-17-2004, 08:10 AM   #3
cho_888
Regular User

it looks like an enzo crashed into the back of a 360 from teh rear, not saying tisd bad but its different. I loved the old 360 rear end.
Old 07-17-2004, 08:19 AM   #4
ARMAN
Regular User

Remodelled modena but lets see how it will look in final version

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 11:56 AM   #5
schnell318
Regular User

Looks too much like the current one
schnell318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 03:07 PM   #6
bmagni
Regular User

Looks too much like the current one
i really dont think thats the final version of it... so dont worry
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 03:13 PM   #7
mindgam3
Regular User

I wouldnt be suprised if it was pretty similar though. Either way the ferrari 360 is a great car, what ever happens, with a bigger engine im sure this one will be even better
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 03:42 PM   #8
Fleischmann
Regular User

I'm sure it will change, currently I have mixed feelings about the design The back looked more aggresive in the pics with the cellotape on. Nice Enzo style rearlights, "breathing on fresh air".
Old 07-17-2004, 04:37 PM   #9
PATo355
Regular User

Horrible , the read end is to fucking fat , the fron lights are to small . wtf !

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
PATo355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 06:03 PM   #10
sameerrao
Regular User

Love the 500 bhp V8 - now the ford GT has a fight on its hands...

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 06:10 PM   #11
yg60m
Regular User

I don't like the rear that much but i will wait to see the definitive pics
Old 07-17-2004, 06:12 PM   #12
Tomerville
Regular User

I don't like the sort of smile it has similar to the 550's. Also, those lights, remind me too much of the 612 which IMO isn't attractive.

"Time is a versitile performer: it flies, marches, heals all wounds, runs out and will tell"
-Franklin Jones

^The definition of grip. Nav+Bose (standard) Arctic Silver on Blue, Heaven on Earth. '05 911 Turbo^
Tomerville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 08:49 AM   #13
DjPtsatsot
Regular User

i like it, its a refreshing new look for ferrari which a lot of the models need and are starting to get... i could only imagine what the rumor Stradale F430 would look like
DjPtsatsot is offline   Reply With Quote