Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 12-14-2005, 10:55 PM   #61
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by ZfrkS62
BMW calls for their survey so does Mercedes
And then averages out all the customers who don't reply...

Remember, there are lies, damn lies and then gathered sampled statistics.. then there are customer surveys
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 11:10 PM   #62
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
BMW calls for their survey so does Mercedes
And then averages out all the customers who don't reply...

Remember, there are lies, damn lies and then gathered sampled statistics.. then there are customer surveys

all i know is there are some customers that shit on us, but for the most part, our cutomers are satisfied.

It does piss me off to hear about situations lik what you're talking about though. People hate mechanics amost as much as they hate lawyers. In fact, they'd hate us more if they didn't have to rely on us to get their cars going and keep them going, and as long as shit like that keeps happening, i don't see it changing anytime soon

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 06:27 PM   #63
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by phatbimmer
I'm going to work for Lexus cuz BMW is the sux0rs.

I still love BMW though, stupid representatives suck donkey nuts, they decided to not interview nobody from my campus cuz they had 5 bad apples so now they want none.

Youze don't not kinda think it's done not nobody because of the kind of like language barrier?
Old 12-15-2005, 07:50 PM   #64
ZfrkS62
Regular User

I'm going to work for Lexus cuz BMW is the sux0rs.

I still love BMW though, stupid representatives suck donkey nuts, they decided to not interview nobody from my campus cuz they had 5 bad apples so now they want none.

Youze don't not kinda think it's done not nobody because of the kind of like language barrier?

sorry phatbimmer, but that was just hilarious

Old 12-15-2005, 10:32 PM   #65
ZfrkS62
Regular User

I don't get it

EDIT: Fak now I do

Point being 5 apples doesn't ruin the whole tree.
Yeah, if that was true UTI would ave been forsaken years ago

Old 12-16-2005, 05:01 AM   #66
Mattk
Regular User

I'll ignore Batgirl for the moment.

My grandfather was a car mechanic...
Old 12-16-2005, 12:37 PM   #67
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Mattk
I'll ignore Batgirl for the moment.

My grandfather was a car mechanic...
My stepfather spent a decade on the bench, before moving into management... doesn't change the fact that for every good competant honet mechanic, there are 96 stupid grease monkeys
Old 12-16-2005, 10:34 PM   #68
RC45
Regular User

Grease monkeys are becoming extinct so no worries and if you dont' like others working on your car learn to fix it yourself or ride a bike
No they are not.

Stupid, lazy, incompetent, slacker, dishonest idiots are in ever industry - the difference is that not every inductry/career requires these people to work directly with my stuff...

In many cases these stupid losers are behind the scenes working along side you mother, father, brother, sister, uncle and yourself in the Post Office, Walmart, Mercedes HQ, Conoco Phillips, City Hall, ABC TV, British rail, Air France etc etc etc

It's when these jackoffs go ahead and practice their voodoo shit on our personal property that we get all bent out of shape
Old 12-17-2005, 12:03 AM   #69
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Its the shadetree mechanic that is becoming extinct. As long as there is JiffyLube another quickie oil change places, there will always be grease monkies (hell, my first job was at a place called Grease Monkey)

Old 12-17-2005, 12:14 AM   #70
RC45
Regular User

Its the shadetree mechanic that is becoming extinct. As long as there is JiffyLube another quickie oil change places, there will always be grease monkies (hell, my first job was at a place called Grease Monkey)
But those "monkeys" don't really have access to your entire car - it is the stealerships that get to abuse and mangle our cars at an unprecedented level - they (dealerships) get to keep our cars overnight - sometimes even for weeks, drive them around unsupervised and have unfetered access to the mechanical and electronic systems systems and can wreck untold havoc without due diligence and pride of work being applied...

A little pride in a job well done, attention to details and treating the car on the lift with the respect you might treat your own car is all that it takes.

Of course knowing what and how to do it is a bonus, but I would not mind if replacing the H/VAC control head took a few hours extra - if you didn't break the freaking dash surround trim while you were at it..

I didn;t bother taking the car back a month ago when the local stealership cracked the surround while doing the above work - I had already ordered a replacement because of a different project... but it is the principle of the matter - the fact that they didn't even tell me.
Old 12-17-2005, 02:13 AM   #71
ZfrkS62
Regular User

well, ive run into issues like your hvac control problem before and i can tell you that even if you pry where the repair instructions tell you too, you can still end up fucking it up becuase of variances in how the friction clips are made, but in the end it's up to the tech to report the breakage. If he doesn't then there is no way for your service advisor to know he broke it.

and if they have your car for weeks on end then i would assume there is a problem that they are waiting on their field engineer to look at or techline doesn't know how to fix it and has been giving them busy work to do while they pull something out of their ass which is really a pain for us techs and not at all amusing but given GM's bulletproof reliability, that should never happen

Old 12-17-2005, 02:24 AM   #72
RC45
Regular User

I am guessing you guys are still fresh and enthusiastic and bright eyed and bushy-tailed about doing good work and trying to be respectful to other peoples cars... maybe it's the old sour, bitter, pissy old-timers that are the problem mechanix...
Old 12-17-2005, 03:00 AM   #73
ZfrkS62
Regular User

I am guessing you guys are still fresh and enthusiastic and bright eyed and bushy-tailed about doing good work and trying to be respectful to other peoples cars... maybe it's the old sour, bitter, pissy old-timers that are the problem mechanix...
i think it lies somewhere in the middle