Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 12-12-2005, 08:53 PM   #1
crayzayjay
Regular User

Default Londoners beware

Police are doing checks for drink drivers (and speeders) on the side of the road. I saw them out in force in High Street Kensington earlier today (5 or 6 cars police cars on the side of the road waving people down) and then again on the Embankment. They were on the other side of the road and there were no cars in front of me so i had a look to see who they'd pulled over- as soon as i look back in front of me, a cop 100 yards ahead is waving me down. I was doing 44mph in a 30, but the guy let me go seeing as i didnt (still dont!) have any points on my license, hadnt had anything to drink, and i was apologetic about it. He said it's a campaign they're running until Xmas. Dont say you werent warned

Some people become so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich i want to be.
crayzayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 06:35 AM   #2
Fleischmann
Regular User

That's good news. I think the punishment for drinking and driving, even when no harm is caused, is way to soft on the criminals. I know a guy who is 19....he got his licence last year...he was caught driving under the influence of alcohol...and now his licence has been taken away from him...for 3 months If it were up to me, he'd never sit behind the wheel of car ever again :x
Old 12-13-2005, 07:24 AM   #3
dingo
Regular User

is this really so out of the norm? The cops run "blitzes" like this all the time in Perth and most other places I would assume.

Anyway there is obviously a pretty easy solution - don't DUI and don't speed.

I never DUI and speeding I do selectively, somewhere I know the cops don't patrol and where there is minimal risk (other cars, pedestrians etc).
Old 12-13-2005, 08:26 AM   #4
crayzayjay
Regular User

Originally Posted by dingo
is this really so out of the norm? The cops run "blitzes" like this all the time in Perth and most other places I would assume.
Very much out of the norm for London.

Originally Posted by dingo
Anyway there is obviously a pretty easy solution - don't DUI and don't speed.

I never DUI and speeding I do selectively, somewhere I know the cops don't patrol and where there is minimal risk (other cars, pedestrians etc).
Ditto. The road i was caught on is wide, straight, and has good visibility. Most people drive at 50 on it so in a way im not surprised he let me go.

Some people become so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich i want to be.
crayzayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 02:09 PM   #5
nthfinity
Regular User

they have month long campeigns like that around here... then a few months later, they do it again...

theres usually specific people they are pulling over too..
January-alchy checks of white guys
May-Alchy checks of high schoolers
july-white middle class men
August-seat belt checks whites
late sep/early oct- hich school alchy checks

then it starts all over again