Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 12-19-2003, 07:03 PM   #1
666fast
Regular User

Default What a week!

This is gonna be long!

This week has been hell for me! I didn't think it would end!
Some of you might have noticed, I haven't been here since about tuesday. Well, that would be because I had no fricken power! LOL Tuesday morning I was cruising JW and poof went the power. I sat there expecting it to come right back on. No such luck.
I said whatever and went out job hunting. I guess it's a blessing in disguise, instead of posting away, I filled out a ton of applications.

I returned home thinking it would be on, but no, it wasn't. So I left again and went out with a few friends. Once again, returned home to darkness. The next day (Wednsday) I said screw this. I grabbed the Gecko and headed to my moms. I didn't know how long it would be untill the power came back on and I didn't want my lizard to die. I stayed at my moms from Wed to today, Friday. The power just came back on about two hours ago.

You would think thats bad enough, but no, other dipshits had some stuff in store for me. On thursday afternoon, I got rearended by some idiot girl. She couldn't have been a day over 16. All she cared about was the fact that her parents were gonna kill her. It's understandable, but right now you have got to deal with me. After inspecting my car, I look at her and said it's nothing big. She smashed in my bumper and a few scratches. Nothing I cared much about. Thats the benefit of driving crap cars. You don't have to care. LOL
The girl called her father and was screaming into the phone. So much so, that I just got back into mine and contemplated driving away! I ended up on the phone with her dad, which I didn't expect. I told him that her car (Dodge Neon) had more damage than mine but nothing that will make it undriveable. I told him that the damage to her car couldn't come to more than a couple hundred bucks in parts and a bottle of touch up paint. He seem rather relieved. He then started with the whole "lets not involve the insurance companies" speech. He'll just pay for it.
I told him he was in luck, I let him in on the fact that I don't give a damn about the car. Then there was one of those long silent and ackward pauses. I don't think he knew what to say. After it was all said and done, the girl went her way and I went my way. She'll get yelled at and I'll continue to not care! LOL Whats a dent and some scratches on a Chevy Celebrity? LOL

Later that day, I'm back at my moms house. The phone rings and I answer it, it was my sister. She was in the hospital. Some of you might remember, she had a baby two months ago. Well, she was going down the stairs when her dog decided to run down them as fast as possible. It's a Rottwieler, not exactly a small dog. Either way, she fell, and so did the baby. Thank God nether of them were hurt, I guess the baby didn't even cry. Even after tumbling down flight of stairs! Right, no harm done. But expectedly, my sister is hysterical. It take a few hours to calm her down. But in the end, nothing "bad" happened.

So, earlier today. (yes, more bad stuff!) I get a call from a friend. His car wont' start and he needs a ride to and from work. Not a big deal, but his place of work is a 40 minute drive. Whatever, I'll do it.
I drop him off and get back home. Power isn't on yet. Now I'm pissed! Everything is just piling up on me. The phone rings, I seriously thought about not answering it, but I did. It was my mom, she was in the ditch on the highway. Damnit, damnit, damnit to hell! I go to pick her up, just as I arrive the towtruck is pulling her out. What I didn't know was that she went into the ditch becasue she had been sideswiped by some guy in a brand spanking new truck! Sucks for him huh? lol
Anyway, mommy wasn't hurt but I get to drive her to and from work untill her car is fixed. My guess is a week or two.

Thats all! Nothing super drastic had happened but not a day went by this week where the ugliness of life hadn't shown it's hairy ass to my face. I got rather irritated.
Old 12-19-2003, 07:12 PM   #2
oscargarza88
Regular User

dam without power is enough to make my day bad...
too bad 4 u....and im glad nothing "bad" happened
well i hope u have luck next week
oscargarza88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 07:13 PM   #3
TT
Regular User

Dang sure a busy week! Lot of bad things but after all no big harm was done! You were almost lucky afterall
Old 12-19-2003, 07:30 PM   #4
666fast
Regular User

well i hope u have luck next week

Me too! LOL
I have a few interviews, so hopefully it'll be a good week!

You were almost lucky afterall
You are right, it could have been much worse. Especially the part with my sisters baby!
Old 12-19-2003, 07:38 PM   #5
stradale
Regular User

That sucks big time, 666fast! I can imagine you're pretty pissed off. I'm glad you and your family members are physically OK. Material damage does not matter in the end.

I hope your luck returns next week with your interviews. Good luck with those!
Old 12-19-2003, 07:40 PM   #6
666fast
Regular User

I hope your luck returns next week with your interviews. Good luck with those!
Thanks! I'll need it, every place I went to said they had hoards of people apply!
Old 12-19-2003, 08:02 PM   #7
Wide
Regular User

I`m sorry to hear that m8.. I`m happy that there is nothing serious..
Don`t forget.. Every bad things brings the good things..
Hope your luck will come back..
Take Care..
Wide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 08:12 PM   #8
gis
Regular User

glad to hear that your sister and her baby are ok,that must have been scary,at least everybody is safe and sound

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 08:14 PM   #9
666fast
Regular User

Just realized something, when the power goes out. That means the refrigerator doesn't refrigerate stuff. It smells very bad!

Thanks for the kind words everyone!
Old 12-19-2003, 08:25 PM   #10
Billyjuan
Regular User

hey 666fast sorry to hear that, but thank god your family is ok.
like stradale said
Material damage does not matter in the end.
Old 12-19-2003, 09:16 PM   #11
hemi_fan
Regular User

wow, I was really pissed that my first week off school I was scheduled to work 27 hours (at mcdonalds). I usually work 15 hours max per week :S but now I realize my problems are minimal. Nice to hear that everyones ok.

1990 Ford Mustang GT
Factory Rated: 225hp, 300lbs tq
http://www.cardomain.com/profile/hemi_fan
hemi_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 09:57 PM   #12
Fluid

wow.. that doesnt sound too much fun, but as others said despite the potential for disaster in some of those things everything that matters is ok.
Old 12-21-2003, 07:31 AM   #13
Jabba
Regular User

They say that bad luck usually comes in 3's here... sounds like you have had more than your fair share.

I am glad you and your family are ok and hopefully now it's time for some good luck for you.
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 01:15 AM   #14
666fast
Regular User

I am glad you and your family are ok and hopefully now it's time for some good luck for you.

As am I. Good to see your back from your other duties. Did you have fun working your ass off?