Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Old 06-08-2007, 10:12 AM   #1
evoWalo
Regular User

Default 40-inch LCD TV connected via VGA to my Xbox 360

i thought I'd like to share some shots of my new 40-inch Samsung LA40S81 connected via VGA to my Xbox 360.

1080p display north of 60-inches could be in the works in 2-3years time. I just hope I dont find the girl of my dreams and marry her.

Old 06-08-2007, 10:18 AM   #2
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

Funny that some people made a big fit about the 360 not doing 1080p

That's a damn nice TV you got there
Old 06-08-2007, 10:22 AM   #3
R8audi
Regular User

Thats an awesome TV man!!! What's it like to play games on? What made you choose LCD over Plasma? (Please be more desciptive than "LCD is better")
R8audi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 10:42 AM   #4
evoWalo
Regular User

Originally Posted by dutchmasterflex

technically the non-HDMI 360s can but only on certain sets.

1080p sets are insanely priced here starting at US$4500 for a 46-inch model Samsung Mosel w/o freebies and cash-only purchases. So there is no point in being negative about it as 1360x768 is plenty good for HR HDTV and 720p viewing. Not to mention no broadcasts/satellite/cable HD feeds are available anywhere in the country giving little incentive to go 1080p

Now imagine Top Gear & Fifth Gear eps on it. I'm dying to get those 720p copies once TG gets broadcasted on BBC HD and Channel 5 HD.

Originally Posted by R8audi
Thats an awesome TV man!!! What's it like to play games on? What made you choose LCD over Plasma? (Please be more desciptive than "LCD is better")
I came from a regular 29-inch SDTV w/o pscan then a 29-inch SDTV w/ pscan, followed by a 32-inch LCD TV and bit the bullet and decided to buy a 40-inch LCD TV once I found an insanely priced bargain.

Playing on a screen that big is awesome. For the coin I dropped on it it is so much worth the purchase. I've played on a 46-inch Samsung Bordeaux Plus and Samsung Mosel at the showroom and the jump in resolution and clarity is amazing. Problem is the fact they're north of US$2000.

Choosing LCD over plasma is very simple. LCD doesnt consume as much electricity as plasma nor does it generate as much heat. Plasmas may produce better blacks but i dont want to deal with the ongoing cost running it for an estimated 5-8 years. Spending more on air-con and power to run the plasma is not worth better blacks.

If it were available I would have gotten LED-backlit LCD TVs. They consume less power than CCF-backlit LCD TVs. They suffer no "warm up time". And they dont have mercury.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:50 AM   #5
R8audi
Regular User

Thanks... Enjoy your set! I'm very jealous!
R8audi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 05:11 AM   #6
evoWalo
Regular User

PC pics

Old 06-09-2007, 09:26 AM   #7
silentm
Regular User

Default Re: 40-inch LCD TV connected via VGA to my Xbox 360

Originally Posted by evoWalo
giggidygiggidy OH

nice TV man really jealous now
"Some say that the outline of his left nipple is exactly the same shape as the Nürburgring, and that if you give him a really important job to do, he'll skive off and play croquet... all we know is, he's called the Stig."

The Top Gear Wikiquote
silentm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 12:48 PM   #8
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by dutchmasterflex

It may be a 1080p display, but the signal from the 360 is not.. right? Unless they rereleased all their titles in 1080p over the weekend

BTW - sweet TV. Now you just need to get a PS3 to exploit the full potential of the TV
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote