Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 01-16-2007, 03:30 PM   #46
5vz-fe
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by Erez
great stuff! thanks!
and a baaaad color on the RS, for any car..
amazing time out of the Z06! :shock: I guess now they only have one challenge to meet.. making the interior look (and I guess "feel" tho i can't say, as i haven't been in one.. but i'm guessing..) like an 80K car.. and if they can come around to changing those hideous front headlights as well..
At least you admit to not knowing for yourself - but then again, no-one has ever quanitified what an "$80K interior" should be/look/feel like?

I mean anyone who says an Elise or has a "$50,000 interior" as an example is just being Canadian
Hey now.....let's not get picky with us 'A'
Old 01-16-2007, 04:02 PM   #47
TNT
Regular User

Originally Posted by brembo
Originally Posted by tforth
I have never ever read or heard anyone, other than yourself, say that any corvette has a decent interior.
Then you are a fucking idiot - period.

I have sat in a regular C6 as well as the Z06, and would agree that the fit and finish is marginal for a 45k vehicle and pretty sad for a 75k one. Deny this all you want, but no one would ever by a vette for its level of quality! Don't get me wrong, this is not and should not be the focus of our discussion. It's just a 'fact'.
Get a camera and takle pictures of thsi supposed "bad interior" - point out the "bad bits".

Then go to some other "supposed superior" car and identify the superior bits.

Until then shut up wiht your assinine biased crap.
RC isnt easier for you to just admit american cars have crappy interiors and be done with it you know it, I know it and everybody but you, infhintiy and your fanboy topgearnl know it....

when you seriously try and convince yourself (cuz no one in their right mind with eyes in their scull,and a open mind will agree with you) that a lincoln town car are on par with an rolls royce phantom interior wise you must be on crack or some very heavy drugs....not sure if you have the power to lock this thread,but from the way it are going it sounds like you are about to try soon.....and why do you feel the need to swear so much at people when they do not agree with your view and just accept what ever you say as some fanboys do....
you are being the closed minded one, a Town Car's inter. is on par, yet not fully equal to a Audi of the same price range. but to compare a RR to a lincoln you sir are the one on some very heavy drugs.
Old 01-16-2007, 04:22 PM   #48
TNT
Regular User

Originally Posted by TNT
I have never ever read or heard anyone, other than yourself, say that any corvette has a decent interior.

I have sat in a regular C6 as well as the Z06, and would agree that the fit and finish is marginal for a 45k vehicle and pretty sad for a 75k one. Deny this all you want, but no one would ever by a vette for its level of quality! Don't get me wrong, this is not and should not be the focus of our discussion. It's just a 'fact'.
Get a camera and takle pictures of thsi supposed "bad interior" - point out the "bad bits".

RC isnt easier for you to just admit american cars have crappy interiors and be done with it you know it, I know it and everybody but you, infhintiy and your fanboy topgearnl know it....

when you seriously try and convince yourself (cuz no one in their right mind with eyes in their scull,and a open mind will agree with you) that a lincoln town car are on par with an rolls royce phantom interior wise you must be on crack or some very heavy drugs....not sure if you have the power to lock this thread,but from the way it are going it sounds like you are about to try soon.....and why do you feel the need to swear so much at people when they do not agree with your view and just accept what ever you say as some fanboys do....
you are being the closed minded one, a Town Car's inter. is on par, yet not fully equal to a Audi of the same price range. but to compare a RR to a lincoln you sir are the one on some very heavy drugs.

You my friend are the one might have been slipped a mickey, cuz it was not me who said it was on par with the rolls either....I say they are not in the same league at all....catch my drift why I think he are on drugs?
but you are the one that brought up comparing a RR to a lincoln. I agree that they are in a different class. but name an American luxury car that is in that price range? so you can be default assume that the quality and materials will be different.
Old 01-16-2007, 06:51 PM   #49
RC45
Regular User

I understand they are in totaly different leagues, you understand it, and by that understand the rolls being more luxurious too....he dont...
He claim the lincoln to have just as good quallity interior just without the RR name to it, and everybody who thinks otherwise are the starbuck snobs (wich seem to be his new popular curse word for the month btw)...
I understand perfectly - you on the other hand choose to confuse opulence with luxury.

Just because something costs $400,000 and has 40 stitches to the inch leather work does not make it more luxurious than the $50,000 product with 8 stitches to the inch leather work.

Being in the same league has nothing to do with it.

Any one who claims that if they sat blind folded in a RR and then in a Lincoln Towncar and then in a Bentley then in a Maybach and then in a Cadillac DeVille could tell which was more luxurious by that alone is a liar.

Period.

All 4 cars rear seats are as soft and sofa like as the the other.

I know - I have done this comparison - you cannot tell them apart.

The fact that the Bentley and the Rolls have crystal brandy decanters in the drinks bar or the Maybach has an opera roof is not Luxurious - those are opulent appointments.

If you were to travel from point A to point B in any of those cars you cannot tell the "luxury" apart.

What you clowns are referring to is no the "luxuriousness" it is the opulence of the appointments.

Thats where the $400,000 comes in.

If you sit inside a $40 Million Gulfstreem private Jet with gold trim and $40,000 per seat leather seats (yes thats what they can cost) you really cannot tell the difference form an off-the-shelf $20 Million Gulfstream private jet with simple stainless/chrome trim and $1,000 seats.

But you somehow "feel" more pampered knowing the seats are hand made by nubile marble skinned virgins and cost $40,000 each.

This is the reality - and anyone who says otherwise is a liar.

I challenge anyone to meet up with me in Houston for a 'luxury sit off'. I will arrange a number of vehicles and we will settle this crap once and for all.

Of the top of my head I think I can pull off a RR, Bentley, A8 W12, &60iL, S55, a Towncar and a DeVille.

The Maybach may take a little extra effort - but I just want to shut you pompous jackasses down once and for all.

get a clue people - opulence and luxury are 2 different things - one caters to your ego, the other to your body.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 08:13 PM   #50
RC45
Regular User

The point is you are wrong.

Period.

Feel all you want... the opulance is not what determines luxury.. your ego is troked by the opulance so you THINK the one is more luxurious than the other.

I never saids its only how your arese feels - thats what YOU keep saying.

Let us s-p-e-l-l it out for you and the other ignoramouses....

Lincoln Towncar [league not =] Rolls Royce
Lincoln Towncar [opulance not =] Rolls Royce
Lincoln Towncar [luxury =] Rolls Royce

BTW, how many generations of Rolls Royce have you actually been in?

I suspect not many - if any. Rolls' from the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's are really just rolling living room couches.

The extra opulance like bar, curtains, electronic gadgets are pretty much poorly intergrated add-ons.

There is really NOTHING special about a Rolls from the 60's through the 90's.... they just cost a lot and and were hand made with quesitonable quality.

And back to the topic at hand, similar ignorance is being displayed in this thread with regard to the C6 Z06 - even though it freaking matches the razor edged GT3-RS toe to toe.

The bias you people display is no different to racism... you just say and believe what you do because you do. No logical or rational reason.
Old 01-16-2007, 09:00 PM   #51
obdr
Regular User

The z06 is the best sports car for the money available anywhere in the world.....PERIOD..... In all group tests I see it being put up against cars costing twice or three times as much and still holdings its own.

Even Evo magazine tested it and it came in only after such hyper cars as the Lambo LP-640, 599 GTB, and GT3...........all of which costs at least double it in prive. AT LEAST DOUBLE.

Here is a VERY simple example: A fully loaded Cayman S with all the right boxes ticked can cost over $70,000 after all is said and done. I just saw a brand new Corvette C6-Z06 for $60,000 at my local dealer. Now the porsche may have better build quality and more prestige......but keep this in mind: The Cayman was engineered to be slower then the 911. It could have been a faster car.....but they dumbed it down. The Z06 was built to be the biggest and baddest of its type. Which do you want, the dumbed down and over priced (but still brilliant) porsche or the all out effort to build an affordable super car?

Another perfect example would be the E46 M-3 which can run you $60,000 if you tick all the right boxes when all is said and done. Dont get me wrong now, its a great car, but I just have to wonder: Who in thier right mind is gonna take a 333hp car with only about 255 lb/ft of torque over a 505hp and 470 lb/ft torque super car for the same price. Im sure many of you would, if you want luxury and prestige, but in terms of performance its a no brainer. I mean, the E46 M3 isnt even near the 8 minute barrier for Nurburgring lap times. I think a stock M3 will run about 8:22 in the hands of an excellent driver. Not even close to the Z06.....which costs about the same $$$ out the door. One interesting thing: The M3 gets gas guzzler fee. The Z06 doesnt. That saves you even more money heheheh!

Now Im sorry, but 60 grand for a 200 mph 500hp V-8 that can lap the Nurburgring in about 7:42!!!! You just cant beat that. Put some R-compound tires on it like the cars it often goes up against have on already........and they get left in the dust. On top of that, spend a few grand tuning the thing up for the track with all that money you saved from not buying the Porsche gt3 RS......and you have an unbeatable car.
obdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 09:08 PM   #52
RC45
Regular User

^^^ see - this guy is wise beyond his years
Old 01-16-2007, 11:06 PM   #53
philip
Regular User

My neighbor says he gets 28 mpg on the interstate in his ZO6.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:17 PM   #54
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by philip
My neighbor says he gets 28 mpg on the interstate in his ZO6.
Yeah but according to everyone else the interior, transmission, clutch and fit and finish suck so much he actually projectile vomits every 2.3 miles and has to pull over while he cries uncontrollably at how bad the "luxury" and style are... and when he drives his Porsche he actually looks into the rear view mirror and says "My balls are swelling with pride as I am stroking the luxurious dashboard in my "better than the Corvette" Porsche"...

Then he pulls over and screams to the heavens "My Porsche is better than my Z06 because German technicians rub their hairy chests on the door panels after they build it"

Old 01-16-2007, 11:30 PM   #55
tforth
Regular User

^^^ see - this guy is wise beyond his years
No, just brainwashed like you. BTW, you need to straighten him out on this statement:

Which do you want, the dumbed down and over priced (but still brilliant) porsche or the all out effort to build an affordable super car?
Remember, you said it's a car for hairdressers...

Regarding the quality subject, it's pretty much unanimous from within the automotive industry, that audi has been setting the benchmark for interiors for some time now. Ever sat in an original TT, or previous generation A6? BMW, when they went to benchmark it, had to change their 'Z score' system, because it received a perfect assessment. That being said, the new A6, with it's Nuovolari inspired dash looks kinda stupid. On the other hand, the R8 interior looks awesome.

I have sat in a current Phantom, and I thought it just looked old (and very dark) inside. The umbrella in the door is kind of cool though.

Anyway, I think we're way off topic. This thread is supposed to be about how the Z06 compares to the GT3 RS. If you actually read this rather poorly translated copy, it is quite clear, that if it wasn't for the Z06's superior power/weight acceleration advantage, there would be no contest. Yes, I know track tires make difference here, but look at the specific number discrepancies, they're huge!

The significance of this, is that someone has been going on and on about how they Veyron can't handle, even though it smoked the so-called fastest supercars in existence, through the twisties in evo's comparison. Now, that Auto Zeitung has provided specific data comparing the Z06 to the GT3 RS, which is the car that can't handle?? Or, is this going to be the point where magazines are useless pieces of...
Wouldn't that be convenient, again.
tforth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 11:35 PM   #56
nthfinity
Regular User

I Couldn't help but notice in the E60 M5 I was in yesterday felt cheaper and more hastily made then the E39 M5... the E60 is on-par with a Caddy DTS, but with more uncomfortable seats (but more supportive)

The wood and leather wasn't everywhere, in fact... it was cheap plastic, and rubber abound, and ..... fake wood :shock: I tried out the 5.50 just to be sure, and low and behold.... I have come to the same conclusions.

On to Audi
A more solid feel then the current gen Beemer bombers, but quality of the materials feels very similar... plastic dash, hard leather, unfinished feel of the lower half of the interior (not ulnike a lincoln of current production)

I just can't help but notice that semi-affordable cars are built to a price, and give the faux feel of luxury from all over the world... the difference? The Audi is more sporty, the Beemer is more sporty, the Lincoln and Caddy are more comfortable, and softer to the touch..

there is no bias here, sorry; its easy to spot a splinter when the log is in your own eye
Old 01-17-2007, 01:35 PM   #57
RC45
Regular User

As I tried to say in the other thread....I really dont care its jsut a difference in what you think is enough to call it luxury and what I think is enough....nothing more than that....
Which indicates a clear lack of understanding as to what luxury is, and what oppulance is.

You ever fly 1st class? Thats luxury - it is more comfortable than coach... but it is not oppulant.. but is just as luxurious as a private luxury jet - just not as opulant.

As a reply below mine says you are now saying the Z06 is a great handler for the same reasons you try and say the Veyron are a bad handler...

Can anyone say flip flopper, or biased to a point where one looks like an joke...:roll:
What? You are now seriously making shit up. Which is not unusual though.

and why in heavens name are calling it racism, its a difference of opinion thats all, stop acting like a vicitm RC it doesnt look good on you....
Read again - this time with understanding - It is simple, as with racism, where someone maintains an opinion for no reason except they believe they are right - as in their is no logical justification for their view point..

This is clearly what I stated.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:02 PM   #58
TopGearNL
Regular User

Old 01-17-2007, 02:58 PM   #59
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by TopGearNL
Well, he clearly asked for an argument..
Old 01-17-2007, 04:04 PM   #60
ViperASR
Regular User

wow, these corvette threads always turn into an argument between RC and someone over how good/bad the Z06 is.

I like the new Z06, however, I dont think that it is god like some people do. I respect it, and I think the motor is really nice, and the car as an entire package would be awesome to own. If I had the money, it would be hard to look over the Z06 as an option to purchase, as it owns cars twice its price.

However, I would certainly not descibe the interior as luxury. When I think luxury I think Bentlys and RR and Mercs. The Z06 was designed as a sports car, not a luxury car, so it has a sporting interior. The gearbox is also too clunky for my taste, I would like it to be more Honda S2000.

"plus being able call your penis master chief during sex has got to be comical at least once"-gis
ViperASR is offline   Reply With Quote