Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 11-28-2005, 06:35 PM   #16
gangajas
Regular User

It is a great car, its only problem is that it is a VW
gangajas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 06:50 PM   #17
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by everso
Originally Posted by 5vz-fe
http://car-reviews.automobile.com/news/volkswagen-ceo-pischetsrieder-says-phaeton-styling-was-a-mistake/186/

Styling Mistake
he's just lucky Piech isn't around, or his head would be taken off for saying it
LMAO
im reminded of a little piece of comedy.. mabey some python, i dono

Nazi SS: Vill you now sign Zee documents?
some poor fool [wimpering]: no, i will not sign the documents...
Nazi SS: Vai vill you not sign zee documents?
some poor fool [wimpering] : you have broken my hand...
Nazi SS: And Vee vill break your arm if you do not sign zee documents!
some poor fool [wimpering] :I will sign the documents...

it goes on for a while... but basically... insert Pische for the SS guy
Old 11-28-2005, 08:30 PM   #18
Toronto
Regular User

the purpose of the Phaeton was to serve as a display for technology and engineering. It was a car which overstretched its market on purpose.

there was no logic in the Phaeton, but that was ON purpose. The car was the idea of Ferdinand Piech.....and his stubbornness was the only reason this car was even produced in the first place. Now that Piech has retired, the Phaeton will retire as well.

the A8 and the Phaeton do share many components, and the two cars are similiar in many ways. I have a friend who has driven the Phaeton extensively and he said it was an amazing car...one of the best sedans ever made. It was effortless elegance. This was a VW project, as Piech was heading VW......hence this car was never meant to be an Audi.

Piech had an amazing career in the auto industry.......starting at Porsche and moving onwards. The car was essentially a tribute to him.......even though he was a grumpy bitter old man before he retired (as i've been told....hehe)
exactly it was a dying man wishes (not literary) and now that he moved on they will forget him and leave his car in the dust
Old 11-28-2005, 08:46 PM   #19
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Oh well, it was a pretty car. The Bugatti Veyron was pretty much Piech's car too, but look what it is now.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:02 PM   #20
Sir_GT
Regular User

the purpose of the Phaeton was to serve as a display for technology and engineering. It was a car which overstretched its market on purpose.

there was no logic in the Phaeton, but that was ON purpose. The car was the idea of Ferdinand Piech.....and his stubbornness was the only reason this car was even produced in the first place. Now that Piech has retired, the Phaeton will retire as well.

the A8 and the Phaeton do share many components, and the two cars are similiar in many ways. I have a friend who has driven the Phaeton extensively and he said it was an amazing car...one of the best sedans ever made. It was effortless elegance. This was a VW project, as Piech was heading VW......hence this car was never meant to be an Audi.

Piech had an amazing career in the auto industry.......starting at Porsche and moving onwards. The car was essentially a tribute to him.......even though he was a grumpy bitter old man before he retired (as i've been told....hehe)
I agree that it was a brilliant car.

It just wasn't a brilliant idea.
Sir_GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 11:53 PM   #21
AlienDB7
Regular User

Volkswagen Phaeton production to continue for European sales

Ajax, Ontario – A news item on Canadian Driver yesterday regarding termination of the Volkswagen Phaeton was incorrectly worded. Sales of the company's top luxury model will be discontinued in North America due to low demand, but the vehicle will continue to be sold in Europe and a new model is being planned in future.
Sometimes news articles can be misleading.....
AlienDB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 03:27 AM   #22
ae86_16v
Regular User

^ Haha. . . yeah, in all the time around Bay Area, I think I have only seen 2 of them. Great looking car though.
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote