Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 02-06-2004, 06:30 AM   #1
gto625
Regular User

Default Your own personal motorsport experience....

Just wondering how many others here have competed in motorsport in the past... any style, anywhere in the world...

Personally I've navigated in rallies in the NSW/ACT state championships in Australia, although I'm hoping to have my own car to run as a driver in a couple of months.
gto625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 08:31 AM   #2
jakaracman
Regular User

I did some Fiat Seicento Cup races and some rallyes
Old 02-25-2004, 03:01 PM   #3
veilsidebr

i have no motorsports experience, but this year i´ll do a race car driver school.
Old 02-26-2004, 01:20 AM   #4
Kangaroo Boy
Regular User

Default Re: Your own personal motorsport experience....

Originally Posted by gto625
Personally I've navigated in rallies in the NSW/ACT state championships in Australia, although I'm hoping to have my own car to run as a driver in a couple of months.
Do you know a family from Cessnock that rallies a Datsun 1600,The team name is called Killer Mullet Rally Team?The Drivers a Keath Cunnigham and I forgot what his old man name is.
Old 03-09-2004, 10:38 PM   #5
Garretts_turbo
Regular User

although it wasnt real motorsport, i took my truck out to the off-road tracks around my area to see what it could do. very capable truck, slid it around the bends, bounced the bumper off a rock (no damage!!) then drove home. and didnt hurt anything, except for a scary few moments where the 4 wheel drive system wouldnt engage back to 2 wheel drive......
Old 03-31-2004, 07:23 PM   #6
brandonrambo
Regular User

I drive Formula Renault 2000. UK Championship last year and N.American Championship this year.
Old 04-01-2004, 03:49 PM   #7
brandonrambo
Regular User

Yeah Dani, we were testing down at Virginia Intl. Raceway and I had to use a spare helmet because my new one is currently being painted with my own design.

I met up with Johnny Herbert when he was trying to qualify for the Indy 500 a couple years back because my title sponsor was the same as his. He gave me one of his helmets just as a gift. I don't ever use it because it's more of a collector's piece, but I had to in this case because mine was at the paint shop in Quebec.

It's an Arai GP5, while my regular one is a GP5-K... The GP5 is a little lighter and the visor is a bit different.

Anyways we're racing in Phoenix next weekend so if anyone's in the area, come on out and look for me.
Old 04-01-2004, 03:50 PM   #8
brandonrambo
Regular User

By the way I'd appreciate it if anyone can give me any TIPS on how to get in good with the site administrators so i can download some of the cool vids they got here!!
Old 04-09-2004, 09:27 PM   #9
layz19

to get in the donwload group, do the same as anyone else who has access.. participate in the site regularly and it will happen.

As for racing, I used to dream of it a lot but the closest I got was driving an old formula ford once