Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Scale Models

Scale Models Discuss your model collections in here inc R/C models

Old 03-28-2006, 11:18 AM   #1
Retro11s
Regular User

Default Johnny Lightning 1/18th Ferrari F50

Johnny Lightning 1/18th Ferrari F50

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was in Wal-Mart Saturday night looking for any Hot Wheels Ferrai (specifically Enzos and F430s) and I came across a 18th Ferrari F50 Coupe made by Johnny Lightning. I was under the impression that only Hot Wheels was licenced to create this size and price.

Does anyone have any information on the Johnny Lightning models? Is the company owned by Mattel or did they enter into some type of agreement? Are there any other models (Enzo or F40 for example) availabe?

I did not buy the F50 but I am thinking maybe I should have. Any opinions?

Thanks!
Retro11s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 02:31 PM   #2
bmagni
Regular User

i dont know anything bout 1:18 Johnnies and even less an F50 but if the 1:64's are great quality, 1:18's should be no less. I woul have bought it in the moment, maybe you won't see it again.
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 03:17 PM   #3
Retro11s
Regular User

Originally Posted by bmagni
i dont know anything bout 1:18 Johnnies and even less an F50 but if the 1:64's are great quality, 1:18's should be no less. I woul have bought it in the moment, maybe you won't see it again.
Thanks for answering. I will stop on the way home tonight after work and see if it is still available. If so I will purchase it and post pictures tomorrow.
Old 03-28-2006, 03:24 PM   #4
bmagni
Regular User

Originally Posted by Retro11s
Thanks for answering. I will stop on the way home tonight after work and see if it is still available. If so I will purchase it and post pictures tomorrow.
good luck on that one, hope you find it...
and pics will be welcomed as I've never seen one !
Old 03-28-2006, 03:46 PM   #5
Athilla
Regular User

good luck on that one, hope you find it...
and pics will be welcomed as I've never seen one !
Yeah , post some pics if u could ..
Old 03-29-2006, 11:01 AM   #6
Retro11s
Regular User

Sorry...went back last night and it was gone.

I am starting to think, given what I can find out, is that it must have been some sort of switch, with a Hot Wheels placed in a Johnny Lightning box. This has to be the only possible answer.
Old 03-29-2006, 04:23 PM   #7
bmagni
Regular User

Sorry...went back last night and it was gone.

I am starting to think, given what I can find out, is that it must have been some sort of switch, with a Hot Wheels placed in a Johnny Lightning box. This has to be the only possible answer.
yeah, prolly right, i googled it and searched ebay and nothing, so most probably its a swap