Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 05-24-2004, 01:28 AM   #1
DanielW
Regular User

Default My black corvette.

click for 1200x1600

DanielW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 01:49 AM   #2
SilviaEvo
Regular User

Nice Vette are the whtie corner signals an aftermarket part?
Old 05-24-2004, 01:50 AM   #3
RC45
Regular User

Nice to see you active around here... RF getting a little stale?

...and nice choice in car as always ... even if you have the "hair-dresser" edition.. (for the sensitive types it is a little Vette humour )
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 02:17 AM   #4
DanielW
Regular User

hehe, i couldn't swing a Z, so I got stuck with the coupe. and the corner lights are stock.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/wytrzyszc
DanielW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 02:27 AM   #5
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by DanielW
hehe, i couldn't swing a Z, so I got stuck with the coupe. and the corner lights are stock.
Don't lose hope... Z's are now dipping below $30,000 in some areas...
Old 05-24-2004, 04:35 AM   #6
TT
Regular User

It's a very nice Vette dude, congrats and thanks for posting the pics like that
Old 05-24-2004, 05:48 PM   #7
BADMIHAI
Regular User

It's good to see you here, Daniel! The Vetts is looking good. What exhaust is that?
BADMIHAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 06:04 PM   #8
coloradosilver
Regular User

You know RC, I've been pretty active in the corvette community and know quite a few people with Z06's. You're the only person that I've ever heard use the term "hair-dresser".

Most of the Corvette owners that I know of don't feel the need to say things like that about other corvette owner's cars. You said the same thing to me when I came on this forum. I don't know if you feel you need to show that your car is better, or if you're just an ass, but you should realize that there ARE people who perfer the coupe to the Z06 and are quite happy with that model (me being one of these people). And for the money he saved, he could build his car into something that could kill your car any day of the week (thats what I did). You don't give people enough credit.

By the way Daniel-- Great car, Hope she brings you years of fun. Especially on those sunny days with the top off (something RC could never enjoy in his). Congrats!!
coloradosilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 06:17 PM   #9
T-Bird
Regular User

nice car man where in Illinois are you?
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 06:22 PM   #10
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by coloradosilver
You know RC, I've been pretty active in the corvette community and know quite a few people with Z06's. You're the only person that I've ever heard use the term "hair-dresser".

Most of the Corvette owners that I know of don't feel the need to say things like that about other corvette owner's cars. You said the same thing to me when I came on this forum. I don't know if you feel you need to show that your car is better, or if you're just an ass, but you should realize that there ARE people who perfer the coupe to the Z06 and are quite happy with that model (me being one of these people). And for the money he saved, he could build his car into something that could kill your car any day of the week (thats what I did). You don't give people enough credit.

By the way Daniel-- Great car, Hope she brings you years of fun. Especially on those sunny days with the top off (something RC could never enjoy in his). Congrats!!
Sorry to spoil your "ideal world" - there are MANY - who correctly viewed the Corvette as an "almost but not quiet sports car" until the arrival of the ZR1, and then the arrival of the Z06.

The Z06 adressed all the main issues - that the C5 suffers from, power, weight and handeling.

Period.

The same way I would not bother with a non-M3 BMW 3 series...

Don't even mention the Boxster vs a "real Porsche" debate...

So - to correct a little misconception, almost EVRY Z06 driver I know - to a T, does think the Coupe is the "slow" Corvette.

Not to mention what non-Corvette drivers think of it...

Your choice of car is yours - and by no means do I need to "put down other peoples cars" - I am just saying what's on my mind - even if I didn't own a Z06 I would call the Coupe the "ladies Vette" - which it is.. much like the Mustang GT is the "ladie's Mustang" - unlike the Cobra SVT... (but you knew that).

BTW - if there were not serious deficiencies in the Coupe, why would the new "hair dressers" version be based around the current Z06 performance envelope?

p.s. didn't you sell your car to get married ?? And buy a sedan? Seems you are not hard-core enough for the Z anyway...
Old 05-24-2004, 06:47 PM   #11
T-Bird
Regular User

/\/\/\BURN!/\/\/\

I wouldn't call the GT the ladies Mustang though. That's what the V6 is or as I call it the Bitch Mustang. If the GT is the ladies mustang and the Cobra is the hard core one what is the Mach 1 then? but I do agree with you on the Corvette thing the only one I would want is the Z06.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 07:01 PM   #12
coloradosilver
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by coloradosilver

Sorry to spoil your "ideal world" - there are MANY - who correctly viewed the Corvette as an "almost but not quiet sports car" until the arrival of the ZR1, and then the arrival of the Z06.

The Z06 adressed all the main issues - that the C5 suffers from, power, weight and handeling.

Period.

The same way I would not bother with a non-M3 BMW 3 series...

Don't even mention the Boxster vs a "real Porsche" debate...

So - to correct a little misconception, almost EVRY Z06 driver I know - to a T, does think the Coupe is the "slow" Corvette.

Not to mention what non-Corvette drivers think of it...

Your choice of car is yours - and by no means do I need to "put down other peoples cars" - I am just saying what's on my mind - even if I didn't own a Z06 I would call the Coupe the "ladies Vette" - which it is.. much like the Mustang GT is the "ladie's Mustang" - unlike the Cobra SVT... (but you knew that).

BTW - if there were not serious deficiencies in the Coupe, why would the new "hair dressers" version be based around the current Z06 performance envelope?

p.s. didn't you sell your car to get married ?? And buy a sedan? Seems you are not hard-core enough for the Z anyway...
RC--You've totally missed the point of my remaks. I never said anything about the deficiencies of the car. I know that the Z06 is a better performing car, I never said otherwise. I just said that you're an ass for making fun of the C5 and your lack of respect for this guy buying what he could afford.

And now that you've attacked me personally by saying:

"p.s. didn't you sell your car to get married ?? And buy a sedan? Seems you are not hard-core enough for the Z anyway... "

It really shows what an ass you are.

Hard core enough for a Z? I built my car to demolish your Z06, so don't give me that shit.

I'm just moving into a new stage of my life and need to live within my means and do whats practical for me. Right now, owning a corvette just doesn't fit it. I haven't bought another car yet, and don't know what I'm buying yet.

Point is, my post was not about the C5 vs Z06! It was about what an ass you are for belittleing a C5 owner.
Old 05-24-2004, 07:53 PM   #13
RC45
Regular User

Or rather what an ass you are for not seeing and comprehending the emoticons that follwoed EVERY single one of the "friendly jabs" I made.. Including a comment about the more-sensitive not getting their knickers in a knot over what I said.

You seem to be overly sensative.. as in your case.. you seem to be rather angry that you had to just about rebuild your car to "demoslish Z06's" -- seems YOU are the one with the chip on the shoulder old boy....

Add lest you forget - I was one of the people onnRF that really encouraged Daniel to wait it out and go for a C5 (even a Coupe) rather than something else.

In fact - I can recall your first 25 post or so where you refered to your car as a Z06...
Old 05-24-2004, 08:43 PM   #14
SilviaEvo
Regular User

ah i see because i was looking at the pic from the front and it was white in the front and orange on the side
Old 05-24-2004, 09:57 PM   #15
coloradosilver
Regular User

You're still missing the point RC.

I'm just saying that your "friendly jabs" aren't seen in that manor by all the people you say that to. Every time the C5 comes up, there you are with your comments about how it's a "hair-dressers" car or an "almost corvette". I'm not saying that you have offended this guy, or me for that matter. I just don't understand why you need to continuously make these comments and keep putting down the C5 and for that matter anyone who buys one just because it's not a Z06.

I didn't rebuild anything on my car. I just added some things and upgraded others. If I refered to my car as a Z06, I apologize, I wasn't trying to deceive. I was probably speaking suspension spec. wise. I wouldn't want people to think that my Corvette was on par performance wise with a measly 405hp Z06.