Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 04-05-2006, 01:13 AM   #1
black_magician
Regular User

quit yer bitchin' montoya, I don't see you going from dead last to 3rd in a race... :fist: :roll:
black_magician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 01:16 AM   #2
sameerrao
Regular User

Yeah he was full of excuses after Melbourne wasnt he? I used to rate him highly because of his overtaking. But his sheer lack of speed over the last two seasons makes me think he has peaked and is headed downwards...

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 02:04 AM   #3
racer_f50
Regular User

Originally Posted by sameerrao
Yeah he was full of excuses after Melbourne wasnt he? I used to rate him highly because of his overtaking. But his sheer lack of speed over the last two seasons makes me think he has peaked and is headed downwards...
Maybe i'm missing something here, but he was damn fast last season, and even won a couple races didn't he?

I guess it's just expected for most drivers to start with excuses after the fact. Montoya seemed really calm and carefree about it when interviewed during the race, though...which I was quite amazed by at the time, since I knew he's more of a fiery guy.
racer_f50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 10:56 AM   #4
Mattk
Regular User

Well Raikonnen is discernibly the more favoured of the two, the way things seem. Here's a reason why.
Old 04-05-2006, 11:04 AM   #5
yg60m
Regular User

I think he's short of speed compare to Kimi and put the blame on other than himself. He's got fighting spirit but not THE thing that makes Senna, Schumacher, Hakkinnen or Alonso and Raikkonnen a level upper ...
Old 04-05-2006, 11:10 AM   #6
Mattk
Regular User

Agreed. He doesn't really have enough natural talent to be champion.
Old 04-05-2006, 03:27 PM   #7
McLaren4eVa
Regular User

Ahhh the latest addition to the very big book of race driver excuses. I can't wait for montoya to be replaced alonso, driver but racing isn't all about pushing its about haveing brains and thts what alonso has. I think kimi could have won easily in 05 nurburgring but he threw it all away by flatspotting his tyre after trying to pass a BACKMARKER not for posititions. But if he does end up staying well then 07 is going to be the season for me two completely different drivers in the same car. Alteast then we'll have a smart racer and a aggresive racer in the same team rather than both drivers pushing and destroying their races.
Old 04-06-2006, 06:01 AM   #8
coombsie66
Regular User

Meh, montoya's a bit of a whiner, but he is undoubtably quick. Not as quick as kimi, but then who is. However kimi's got the mental age of a 10 year old, when you interview him on the grid, imagine all the cars and mechanics are gone and its some TK max karts there instead, that seems more applicable! He's also a moody tosser who HATES testing and brakes cars for the sake of it (thats on the authority of a mechanic who worked with kimi and mclaren 3 years ago).
Old 04-06-2006, 06:16 AM   #9
dingo
Regular User

How ironic, a bunch of guys whining about an F1 driver whining.
Old 04-06-2006, 06:42 AM   #10
iraghava
Regular User

I have to agree about Montoya's whining it is very irritating. When he had entered F1 I thought that finally Michael would have some stiff competition and he did prove that he had some talent early on but since then there have only been brief flashes of his talent here and there and no real consistency to his performances.

Plus he comes around as this cocky bastard which imho is not the ideal image you are supposed to be having.

And on top of that his incessant whining does make him an irritating bitch!

Originally Posted by dingo
LOL

Reality is just an illusion caused by a lack of Alcohol. - Sir Johnny Walker

Senator Hillary Clinton called for President Bush to begin pulling troops out of Iraq next year. And let me tell you something, when it comes to telling a president when to pull out, no one has more experience than Hillary Clinton. - Jay Leno
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 01:19 PM   #11
McLaren4eVa
Regular User

Originally Posted by dingo
Well we humans are very judgmental i guess, when it comes to picking up others peoples flaws especially in the world of celebrities and sport, we're god.