Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Books, Comics And Magazines

Books, Comics And Magazines This is the place to discuss Books, Comics And Magazines that you have read / are reading

Old 10-25-2006, 04:13 PM   #1
blue8
Regular User

Default Car Magazine issues

is there any site that provides/shows covers of the issues of Car Magazine UK? the site contains practically nothing about previous issues... thanks!
blue8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 11:12 AM   #2
inso
Regular User

there are also previous issues on the site. Just press next.

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/magazin...e_territory=UK
inso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 05:02 AM   #3
blue8
Regular User

thanks so much!!!!

Old 10-30-2006, 05:53 AM   #4
fsandys
Regular User

But tbh, take your reading elsewhere, this magazine will only frustrate you with the nonsense they sadly so often print! :roll:
Old 10-31-2006, 11:26 AM   #5
inso
Regular User

They are still quite quick with the first droves, most other magazines dont have new cars as soon to be tested, like the new R8.
Old 11-04-2006, 03:38 AM   #6
bmwmpower
Regular User

that new alfa looks fantastic, i hope is good to drive as it looks
bmwmpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 01:40 PM   #7
inso
Regular User

Kacher has giving it highish praise in CAR.
http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/magazin...e_territory=UK The next issue, looks promising.
Old 01-26-2007, 08:56 AM   #8
inso
Regular User

next issue. That R8, 911 and Gallardo looks promising and the typeR shoot-out.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:08 AM   #9
inso
Regular User

next issue, SLR722 vs CCX, Gallardo Superleggera, Lambo history and S63 vs Quattroporte vs S8.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:44 PM   #10
blue8
Regular User

Originally Posted by inso
http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/magazine.php?issue=8&issue_territory=UK
next issue, SLR722 vs CCX, Gallardo Superleggera, Lambo history and S63 vs Quattroporte vs S8.

looks like a promising issue

Old 03-01-2007, 12:47 PM   #11
yg60m
Regular User

When I think that I almost cancelled my subscription This issue seems promising !!
Old 05-01-2007, 05:59 AM   #12
blue8
Regular User

Must have issue especially for Ferrari fans!

CAR June 2007 Issue:

How could six ever be enough? We asked ourselves the same question and quarrelled like school kids over the finalists. Where was the Boxer, the Daytona, the 250 SWB or the 166? And shouldn't a 550 Maranello have been in there, and possibly an F430, to represent Ferrari's newer output?

In the end, we settled on the 250 GTO, 275 GTB/4, 246 Dino (arguably not even a Ferrari at all, but hey), 288 GTO, F40 and Enzo, plus three 'starter' Ferraris available for top-end Mondeo cash. You can read Gavin Green's essay on the greatest Ferraris in the new, June 2007 issue of CAR Magazine, on sale from 2 May, and debate your favourite Ferraris by clicking 'Add comment' below.

Even just getting the cars to appear on the same stratch of tarmac involved some serious graft. And it's down to people like Richard Oldworth, owner of the 275, 288 and F40, that we pulled it together. But still we had problems. Many of the shots you see in CAR are achieved by fixing the camera to the car's glass and bodywork using suctions cups - the sort of suckers windscreen replacement firms use to move glass. But some of these cars were simply too delicate for such treatment, so our snappers had to find other ways to meet art ed Andy Franklin's lofty photographic standards. Just to make matters more difficult, we completed the whole shoot in a single day rather than the two we'd normally take.

But I think you'll agree the photos look great. Everybody has their favourite Ferraris of course and we don't expect you all to agree with our selection - which is why we went big on the line drawings this issue, extending Archimede's brilliant artwork to four pages instead of the usual two. Hope you enjoy them.

The most beautiful Ferrari:

They say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but the subject of the most beautiful Ferrari splits opinion more than most. Personally, I find the brand slightly tacky these days, yet I still adore Ferraris and always find myself staring at them when they pass in the street. This is what makes the brand so special: it evokes passion and desire, even in this age of overly commercial marketing and Prancing Horse theme parks.

Are all Ferraris beautiful? And which of CAR's greatest Ferraris is the best-looking? The imperious 250 GTO? The slinky Dino? Or perhaps the underdog 308? On our cover photoshoot for the June issue, we found ourselves in a rare situation where we could sit back and compare all nine of our favourite Ferraris in one place at one time. Each one has its own charms: the 250 GTO for being cool, the 288 for being menacing, the Enzo for its complex detail but ugly looks, the 275 and Dino for having class but not enough Italian passion.

If I had to choose one, though, it would be the F40. It's not the best looking, but it just has a uniquely focused fitness for purpose and a sledgehammer sexiness to boot. Enzo Ferrari was a racer and passionate about what he did, something the F40 has in abundance. It's my pick of the bunch (well I did say beauty was in the eye of the beholder, didn't I?).

CAR's 53-page celebration of Ferrari's 60th birthday is in the June 2007 magazine, on sale 2 May

Contents:
The greatest Ferraris
CAR's latest issue delivers the ultimate Ferrari 60th birthday coverage. There's 53 pages on driving and buying Ferraris, plus a behind the scenes look at Enzo Ferrari's house, AND a free, 32-page supplement on the prancing horse's Formula 1 story. We also drive Audi's 354bhp S5, go behind the scenes with BMW's new M3, group test the new Ford Mondeo and examine the new Renault Twingo.

On sale: 2 May

Ferrari frenzy
Don't miss one of the most incredible shoots in CAR's history. We gathered some £10m worth of supercars, including an Enzo, 250 GTO, F40, 288 GTO and 275 GTB, and tested them back to back to celebrate the greatest Ferraris of all time. Plus how to buy a second-hand Ferrari for Mondeo money.

The Mille Miglia in a Ferrari 599
It was triumph and disaster for Ferrari in the last Mille Miglia, 50 years ago. Taruffi's 315S won, but another crashed causing 12 deaths and bringing an end to the race. We retraced the final stages of the original race route in Ferrari's latest GT, the 599 GTB Fiorano.

51 classic Ferraris
No Ferrari spectacular would be complete without a trawl through the archive. From the 125S born in 1947 to last year's 599, some 51 classics are given the GBU treatment, with heaps of fascinating facts and figures.

M3 uncovered
It's another CAR exclusive – a shoot of the new, 420bhp M3 in the M Division's secret bunker. We are access all areas with the men who created the new supercoupe, and have sensational pictures that get under the skin of the new M3.

Does Mondeo matter?
Mondeo sales have slumped by two-thirds since the repmobile's '90s peak. Can the new model turn it around? We pitch it against the BMW 320d – and Ford's enemy within – to find out.

PLUS hot hatches, hybrids and more
The first drives section is packed with hot metal, including Renault's hardcore Clio, the R27, the new Peugeot 207 GTi, Lexus' LS600h hybrid and the iconic and re-engineered Defender. Plus Our Cars and a portrait of BMW's Batmobile, the 3.0 CSL.

Ferrari in F1
FREE 32-page supplement on Ferrari in F1. It puts the spotlight on the greatest drivers, the greatest cars, traces the team's glorious history with Shell and compares pit stops in 1951 and 2007.

Old 05-01-2007, 02:02 PM   #13
blue8
Regular User

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Superb wallpapers!

Old 05-01-2007, 02:11 PM   #14
ae86_16v
Regular User

Wow, car does have some amazing photoshoots. Probably one of the better magazines I've seen. Not sure about content though.
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 09:46 AM   #15
inso
Regular User

new episode looks really promising, 2bad it will take 2weeks until i can read it, since i have made a correction for address too soon, and will move to my new apartment after 14th.