Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 04-26-2004, 11:18 AM   #1
Erez
Regular User

Location: not where i want to be.. but life's a bitch i guess..
Default why would some one do that?

just look.. no need for words..

http://www.z06vette.com/gallery/show...cat=500&page=1

some pepole are just that dumb hu... :shock:

Things worth having don't come easy..
Erez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 11:24 AM   #2
RC45
Regular User

Well - first off he's Canadian.. aye... The cold does things to your mind.. and one would hope he tracks the car and needs the extra downforce...

Note the full roll-cage and aftermarket wide wheels and intake ducting etc.. -- My guess is that that car has the "goods" to backup the looks...

I would not mind the widebody rear kit later one - it is a way to fit 335+ width tyres without tubbing the car.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 11:27 AM   #3
callen
Regular User

a cor'rice'vette. a rare breed indeed. i see the big wing adds 10000lbs of downforce so that he can get all that 'etra' power to the ground. and if the cold got to this guy, then he must live up in the northwest territories, cause he is brain dead. this kinda thing makes me sad. he shoudla bought a civic. the police should start to give out 'rice' tickets to ppl who defamate our sports cars like this.
Old 04-26-2004, 11:41 AM   #4
RC45
Regular User

Interesting - here is some info about the car...

T-1 Suspension installed, showing 18x13" CCW wheels with P335/30/18's. Rear wing necessary with ACP front splitter/tray. Carbon fiber. Final ride height NOT shown.
Notice the carbon fiber front splitter/tray, which generates up to 150 pounds downforce, necessitating the large rear wing for balance. Brake ducts shown in orange, grilles NOT installed. Final ride height has front splitter about 3" off ground...
Hood blister to be painted UltraSilver, with accent stripe around the silver.
And here is the "dudes" credentials..

GM sales/leasing, vehicle conversions, freelance auto writer
I have heard Callaway and Lingenfelter will not put their front splitter on without their rear deck lip wing (a very low key lip extension that generates the same downforce as a wing) as the front splitter alters the aero-bevahiour too much at very high speeds.

So - garrish and gawdy - ricer in appearence, but seems to have a funcitonal use...
Old 04-26-2004, 11:42 AM   #5
astonmartinandy
Regular User

Sorry I have to agree and think that the spoiler is just over the top and looks stupid. However I think with more careful modifications, the kit could look good on a more powerful vette.
"It's not long before Marco arrives, but he's at least five minutes behind an epic wall of noise that's been bouncing off the rock faces like a sonic pinball. Onlookers, of which there are many, seem relieved when the livid red Ferrari skims into view, happier still when they see it's driven by a friendly Italian, and not, as the thunderous sound effects suggested, the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse." Evo #059
astonmartinandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 11:48 AM   #6
chest3r
Regular User

Holly shit!!! :shock: :shock: Without the spoiler it would look nice 8)
Old 04-26-2004, 12:00 PM   #7
RC45
Regular User

This is how LPE used to achieve the same thing aerodynamically...

Although the above kit is no longer in production - they have the "Tiger Shark" (below) now... I just wonder if the "Tiger Shark" had as much windtunnel R&D as Johns orginal kit did..

Old 04-26-2004, 12:12 PM   #8
tanelvali
Regular User

ugly it is but for a vette, not too bad.. i've seen worse.
tanelvali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 12:29 PM   #9
nthfinity
Regular User

ive seen the tigershark kit in the basement at Cobo during NAIAS. it looked rather good.

as far as the original vette 'rice' i would say its far from it. he seems to have some of the Spectre GTR parts... notably the exhaust, wheels, and ride hight. and look at the licence plate (i know they really dont mean much...) mr 1 lap. it appears he would like his vette to go faster, and corner harder, i have no problems with him doing that

in the world of rice, he would have to have show, with no go.... this doesnt seem to be the case
Old 04-26-2004, 12:36 PM   #10
Erez
Regular User

Location: not where i want to be.. but life's a bitch i guess..

i've seen worse too tanelvali (gumball vid.. that C4.. it was the worse i ever saw..)

IMO.. the only way to improve a vette is threw Callaway or Lingenfelter... that twin turbo LPE is one BAD ASS car! (and i love the kit.. its such a sleeper 8) )

Things worth having don't come easy..
Erez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 01:04 PM   #11
RC45
Regular User

Here is another "winged wide-body" in action - this was the winner and second place of last years "1 Lap of America"

Seems to "wing it" or not can make the difference between winning and losing...
Old 04-26-2004, 03:44 PM   #12
hemi_fan
Regular User

Yeah, the tires, and the blip underneath about the suspension etc. leads me to believe that the spoiler actually does help the car, and therefore i dont think its that bad... and about the Canadians comment... we dont have very much rice here compared to a lot of pple, at least around my area... In fact, how many Canadian cars do you see on this site at all? Many Canadians prefer practicality rather than fun factor... except me

1990 Ford Mustang GT
Factory Rated: 225hp, 300lbs tq
http://www.cardomain.com/profile/hemi_fan
hemi_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 04:05 PM   #13
SilverPhoenix
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Here is another "winged wide-body" in action - this was the winner and second place of last years "1 Lap of America"

Seems to "wing it" or not can make the difference between winning and losing...
Come to think of it the wings look the same lol, mebe he wanted to make a 1Lap Canada car? lol, anyhoos that MTI 1 Lap america vette was sick, pushing aroun 700Hp wasn't it?
SilverPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 04:56 PM   #14
oscargarza88
Regular User

i dont think its rice, because that wing looks like it actually works, and if it works on the track i dont care how it looks, as long as its better than the other people.
oscargarza88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 09:59 PM   #15
T-Bird
Regular User

I've seen other Vette's with Wings like that on them from tuners before I'm sure they work at very high speeds.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote