Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 04-24-2006, 01:38 AM   #46
tom333
Regular User

Originally Posted by everso
i don't like it...it's way too ordinary...still kind of pontiac/honda/buick looking.
Totally agree. Especially how both the 3series coupe and buick both have four wheels. If they didnt have badges Im not sure I could tell them apart.

BMW is always copying pontiac too, seriously. I'd take a grand prix over an M3 any day.
tom333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 02:09 AM   #47
Just_me
Regular User

Originally Posted by tom333
i don't like it...it's way too ordinary...still kind of pontiac/honda/buick looking.
Totally agree. Especially how both the 3series coupe and buick both have four wheels. If they didnt have badges Im not sure I could tell them apart.

BMW is always copying pontiac too, seriously. I'd take a grand prix over an M3 any day.
weirdo
Old 04-24-2006, 02:48 PM   #48
tom333
Regular User

Originally Posted by Just_me
Originally Posted by tom333

weirdo
Dripping with sarcasm, come on! BMW copy anyone... no way. I was making fun of that guy.
tom333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 03:08 PM   #49
r2r
Regular User

Originally Posted by CWW
It looks much better now.
r2r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 03:46 PM   #50
coloradosilver
Regular User

I like it. Should be a great combo for a daily driver and fun car for the weekend.

I just hope there will be a way to disable the seatbelt assist mechanism. I think that would anoy me.
coloradosilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 09:51 AM   #51
thepest
Regular User

Well...BMW said it best: "The power of elegance"

IMHO the new coupe is as good as it can be. It offers everything from stunning performance (say I'm wrong 335i 0-100 in 5.5) :> to innovative design features in both in and exterior. It might be true that some parts of the design wasn't expected but the car is much more than a regular coupe now which makes it *at least for me) a pleasant surpise! Say what you want but the back is far from Buick-looking and any future owner would be a lucky dude.

Can't wait to see the new M3....imagine......

Always outnumbered, never outguned!!!
thepest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 10:47 AM   #52
joe2tiger
Regular User

There is a simple reason why the latest BMW 3 series is so ugly:

The 3-series is BMW's top seller. Because of this they needed to be more conservative with the controversial "bangle" flame surface design. So what they did was the worst thing possible: They simply toned it down but they didnt change it. So now what they have ended up with is a car thats both ugly AND boring!!!!! At least with the early Bangle models you might be able to call them ugly but never boring.

The new BMW 3-series says alot about people willing to buy them. BORING and UNINSPIRED.

Tragically, not only is the new 3-series exterior boring and ugly but the interior is even worse. Its outrageously bad. The older 5 and 3 series had nicely designed interiors but the latest ones, with that UGLY "double hump" look plain, cheap, ugly, and uninspired. To me, interior is just as important as exterior. I simply can't buy a car with that kind of low rent interior design. I would go so far as to describe the interior as depressing. I mean, I've seen cars for $20,000 with better interiors!!!! UGH.

Personally I think BMW has become a victim of its own success. Its been forced to become mainstream. All thier latest designs, from the 1,3,5, don't interest me in the slightest. They are overweight, overpriced, boring, ugly, underpowered (accept for the M5 and new Z4M of course) etc......... If I were to ever buy a BMW the only one I would consider for a second would be the E36 M3.

In addition when I look at what else is available in the market for the same price its almost laughable to pay that much for a 3 series............
joe2tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 11:59 AM   #53
DeMoN
Regular User

Its looking better, and I am sure its a growing-on thing. I didnt like the 3 series e90 at first. Now I do. Well whatever the deal is, the M3 is what we all want to see right? I just want those pictures OUT sooo damn bad. Anyone know when this will happen?
Old 04-25-2006, 02:12 PM   #54
blah
Regular User

Hm.....When does this come out??? Part of me wants to put a deposit on this baby right now. Jet Black, on Ebony full leather, with a carbon fiber or aluminum dash would look hot. 6 Speed manual of course.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:00 PM   #55
Bernardo
Regular User

I dont like the face-lifted interior..its lokks damn ugly
Bernardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 04:31 AM   #56
Just_me
Regular User

Old 04-26-2006, 06:14 AM   #57
chest3r
Regular User

^ It's getting better !!! 8)

Nice color and wheels!!
Old 04-26-2006, 06:43 AM   #58
cooperluke
Regular User

It looks better on this last pictures.. let's see!

cooperluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 12:59 PM   #59
bmagni
Regular User

nice, i like the rims !
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 01:44 PM   #60
coloradosilver
Regular User

They need to get some cross drilled rotors on that thing to make it look a little more serious. I really like it though.

The one pictured here ^^^ does not have the sport package, maybe that will have the drilled rotors. We'll have to wait and see.
coloradosilver is offline   Reply With Quote