Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 04-20-2004, 01:49 AM   #1
bobafett
Regular User

Default My Ferrari 550 Maranello

I drive about 1100 miles / month on this car. Is it dirtier than hell right now, so i will take a before / after of the washing (currently 2.5 months and counting w/o a wash).

Here are some random pictures from various times.

I have a lot more, some interior, some night, some day, etc. but I'm a really bad photographer, so we'll see how this goes. Apologies for the large pictures. if it's a problem, I'll scale them back down.

--Dan

Old 04-20-2004, 02:05 AM   #2
normy360
Regular User

Hey, that's me pulling up behind you guys in the third picture! That was a fun drive.
normy360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 02:11 AM   #3
bobafett
Regular User

Yes it is. Baron managed to catch you coming in. I have the next shot with you parked behind (you can barely make out your car):

--Dan

Old 04-20-2004, 02:17 AM   #4
novass
Regular User

Nice car. The 550 is a sexy beast. Where were all these pics taken? Looks like a fun place to drive, especially with all those nice cars.

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi
novass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 02:23 AM   #5
RC45
Regular User

Nice cars. And welcome.

Much like me and my Z06, that seldom sees the "hand wash" - I guess everyone has there "easy come, easy go" financial thresh-hold... (as in, "its only money - and it's mine") - yours is just about $100,000 higher than mine...

While it is refreshing to see an F550 being enjoyed and used the way you do yours - it's just a pity it gets treated so shabily... (etching "wash me" into a 550's ass is a sad sight ) but it is only money after all....
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 02:24 AM   #6
bobafett
Regular User

All of these pictures are int he Bay Area of California (around the San Francisco Bay Area). The shots near water (with the group of cars) are in Half Moon Bay by the Crystal Springs Reservoir, one is in South SF (with the red Muira hood open), the driving shots are ont he way down to San Juan Bautista, I think, past Santa Cruz.

--Dan
Old 04-20-2004, 02:29 AM   #7
bobafett
Regular User

Well, I don't mean to be like that, but I figure driving it is a hell of a lot more fun than washing it (although washing can be therapeutic). Problem is when I do wash it, I have a two-day program the car goes through (one day for interior).

It takes a LONG long time. Plus, I've become a bit notorious for the dirty car. I've been meaning to clean it for a while now...it's pretty bad with the rain and whatnot. I *do* get bird shit off immediately, as that is pure alkaline.

What are the specs on your Z06? Your car is just as fast, I think, and quicker through the turns I'm willing to bet. I had a great time in one, but I don't keep cars for short periods and felt this would be a great daily.

Oh, and where in houston? I have a few friends in the area (river oaks area), and have very fond memories of the town (scary, I know). And I *need* to have the lobster bisque at Ruggles at the Galleria. I can eat Pappasito's all day long (and have), and when you're properly trained, Fogo de Chao is a killer.

Next time I'm in town and we have a drive, I'll be sure to let you know in advance. I'll likely be in that neck of the woods around late June (was just there last month for 2 weeks)

--Dan
Old 04-20-2004, 02:30 AM   #8
bobafett
Regular User

Oh, forgot to add, the "WASH ME" was a friend's idea of a joke. Someone sent me the pictures long after a local event. Amusing, in my book.

I promise I'll clean it soon!!!

--Dan
Old 04-20-2004, 02:32 AM   #9
novass
Regular User

Cool, I figured it was Northern Cali from the looks of it. Nor Cal is a great place to drive. Ive gone up the coast numerous times, really nice scenery.

Welcome to JW, by the way. Refreshing to see a young guy that has a Ferrari and actually posts some pics to prove it LOL

Also, what is that navy blue car in between yours and the Muira? Kinda looks like a TVR. You have any more pics of that Muira too? That car has some sexy lines.

-Mahatma Gandhi
Old 04-20-2004, 02:39 AM   #10
gigdy
Regular User

may i be the first to say to you boba and norm. videos please, pretty pretty please.

also; beautiful cars.
Old 04-20-2004, 02:49 AM   #11
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by bobafett
Well, I don't mean to be like that, but I figure driving it is a hell of a lot more fun than washing it (although washing can be therapeutic). ....
THAT is my exact sentiment... WHich is why I made a point of it - I am sure you see the same thing in the Ferrari crowd that I see in the Vette crowd... the obsessive "polishers" that never use them as intended..

. Plus, I've become a bit notorious for the dirty car. I've been meaning to clean it for a while now...it's pretty bad with the rain and whatnot. I *do* get bird shit off immediately, as that is pure alkaline.
Yep - I have the same rep here - which is why I have a silver car... yours being black makes the grime jump out and probably freaks the polishers no end.

What are the specs on your Z06? Your car is just as fast, I think, and quicker through the turns I'm willing to bet. I had a great time in one, but I don't keep cars for short periods and felt this would be a great daily.
On paper the 550 pulls a higher topend (you say no one ever reaches the magic 199 Mario pulled?) - but the one time I ran against one I kept pretty close all the way to about 170 which is the point the Z just runs out of steam.

Oh, and where in houston? I have a few friends in the area (river oaks area), and have very fond memories of the town (scary, I know).
Out in the North West 'burbs... but you know Houston - anything within 65 miles is close..

Fogo de Chao is a killer.
Fogo - my culinary weakness - I have been known to do one and a half dozen lamb chops and fillet etc etc... and finish with Papya cream... and cappuccino...

Next time I'm in town and we have a drive, I'll be sure to let you know in advance. I'll likely be in that neck of the woods around late June (was just there last month for 2 weeks)
Feel free to holler when you get in town....

-Paul
Old 04-20-2004, 02:57 AM   #12
novass
Regular User

If you guys meet up in Houston are you gonna go above your average 20mph granny speed like weve seen on your vids RC?

-Mahatma Gandhi
Old 04-20-2004, 03:18 AM   #13
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by novass
If you guys meet up in Houston are you gonna go above your average 20mph granny speed like weve seen on your vids RC?
Hey now - I posted a video of me and a Viper running to about 150mph... don't you remember?

....I mean 55... (since I never go above the speed limit..) and everyone else was going really slow...
Old 04-20-2004, 03:19 AM   #14
yg60m
Regular User

Welcome boba, always nice to see a new member with such a beautiful car, nice first post
Hope you will post videos of it
Old 04-20-2004, 03:23 AM   #15
novass
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by novass
Hey now - I posted a video of me and a Viper running to about 150mph... don't you remember?

....I mean 55... (since I never go above the speed limit..) and everyone else was going really slow...

hahahahaha, I was just screwing with ya! Your Vette is damn nice and sounds great. Ive enjoyed each bit of footage youve posted so far

Enough of my senseless chatter, back to the man's lovely 550!

-Mahatma Gandhi