Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 02-09-2004, 09:03 AM   #16
gis
Regular User

very nice M3,it does look a lot like the CSL.whether it is or not its awesome.the rims are nice.
welcome to jabbasworld

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 09:10 AM   #17
Fast_car006
Regular User

Actually that was the look I was looking for. I have the CSL front splitter sitting in my room right now. If anyone want to donate some money (pretty mush living off of watever I can take from my parent's & girlfriend's houses) towards the install I'll gladly post my paypal account.
Old 02-09-2004, 10:02 AM   #18
TT
Regular User

TT:
LOL That thing is cool where do I get one
Hehe, it's a Swiss electric "car".. you drive it with a central thing like in fighter planes.. it's called Twike and their website is www.twike.ch .. sadly they are not doing very well and always on the borderline between life and death.. my dad in Switzerland sold them for a while since he has a small dealership for electric bikes and scooters..
It's bloody funny to drive BTW and thanks to the small tires (and pumped at high pressure) you can also slide it scaring everybody (gravity center is very low and you won't flip )... max speed just 100 km/h and you can do around 60 km before having to charge it again... but a blast as a city car and you can park it everywhere you can even lift the front yourself since all the weight is on the back, to manoeuver it into small gaps

ok, back ontopic
Old 02-09-2004, 10:34 AM   #19
brian
Regular User

I'd be scared to park that car in that neighborhood... absolutely beautiful car tho, that's def the color I would go with.

My Album
brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 12:47 PM   #20
jon_s
Regular User

As TT knows, I have just re-fallen in love with the M3.............lovin it....!
jon_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 01:20 PM   #21
Fast_car006
Regular User

Brian you'd be surprised how there are much nicer cars in the bronx. Owned mostly by older guys that won't leave the neighborhood they grew up in. There's a steal grey M5 down the block
Old 02-09-2004, 01:37 PM   #22
brian
Regular User

I wouldn't be able to sleep at night

Heck, I live in a guarded community, but I still get worried. It's Paterson.

My Album
brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 04:44 PM   #23
callen
Regular User

so u have a stock m3 that u are makin appear more csl like....will u do any performance mods(when the cash flow comes of course)? And if u dont mind me askin how did u afford this sweet, sweeeeet ride at such a young age? (save ur ass off?)
Old 02-09-2004, 04:53 PM   #24
Fast_car006
Regular User

I'm in the process of getting my masters in physical therapy. Cash comes from being a physical therapist's lacky (there's probably a better job description but this is the most accurate. The Car, I purchased for 27.5k (3 year lease up front). I was originally going to buy an WRX. But by the time the lease is up I'll buy the car out w/ cash from my salary and a pediatris physical therapist.

Mods:
GruppeM intake, Grounds Control GIZMO, Shark Injector Software (replacing it with Superchips soon), Pullies, SSK, SS x-pipe, Eisenmann Titaniun muffler, ACS sports suspension, ACS Front and rear strut tower bar, Eibach sawy bars, Turner motorsports rear shock tower mounts.

When I'm careful I can pay my bills buy a new toy every couple of months and still save a few hundred from each paycheck.

PS: Please make donations for the SS headers/cats and 3.91 diff to paypal account [email protected]
Old 02-09-2004, 07:43 PM   #25
ambry
Regular User

Originally Posted by Fast_car006
Mods:
GruppeM intake, Grounds Control GIZMO, Shark Injector Software (replacing it with Superchips soon), Pullies, SSK, SS x-pipe, Eisenmann Titaniun muffler, ACS sports suspension, ACS Front and rear strut tower bar, Eibach sawy bars, Turner motorsports rear shock tower mounts.

When I'm careful I can pay my bills buy a new toy every couple of months and still save a few hundred from each paycheck.

PS: Please make donations for the SS headers/cats and 3.91 diff to paypal account [email protected]
Great list of mods, a few of questions - I read that the GruppeM intake did not give M3 any HP gains. Did you find that to be the case or did you care since it looks so good? Why are you going to change from Shark software? Eisenmann Tit muffler only or cat back? Just curious I have a stock M3.
ambry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 01:04 AM   #26
gto625
Regular User

Originally Posted by Fast_car006
'm in the process of getting my masters in physical therapy. Cash comes from being a physical therapist's lacky (there's probably a better job description but this is the most accurate. The Car, I purchased for 27.5k (3 year lease up front). I was originally going to buy an WRX. But by the time the lease is up I'll buy the car out w/ cash from my salary and a pediatris physical therapist.
Firstly, welcome Carlo & congrats on an awesome ride

I can't believe the price you paid for it, was that new?? I would love to have one of those one day (wouldn't we all) but for $130k+ Australian (compared to around $45k for a WRX) it seems a bit unrealistic
gto625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 01:53 AM   #27
Fast_car006
Regular User

I dont know if the gruppeM really gave a alot of power. But there was definitely a little there. But it works pretty good when combined with the exhaust system. The Eisenmann is just the muffler. By adding the x-pipe, this gave me a catback set up. As for the software I just saw better results with the Eurobahn software (superchips). There were several independent dynoes showing good gains posted on bimmerforums. Also, there is a local eurobahn software dealer about 20 minutes from my house, meaning there is no need to ship out my ECU (no down time)
All the performance mods all really aid in mid to top end. There is definitely a harder pull when I perform a 6th to 3rd downshif@ 75mph
Old 02-10-2004, 07:35 AM   #28
ambry
Regular User

Fast_car006, if you were going to start with stock M3 all over again, what order would you do your mods? Also how do you like the ACS products (did you consider Hamann). Sorry to ask so many questions, but your mods are exactly what I was considering for mine (maybe Dixis exhaust). Let us know how like the superchips software when you switch. Thanks and oh yeah welcome to JW. Love the //M
ambry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 12:30 PM   #29
WRX
Regular User

Love that car. And I really like that color. So different from anything else.
WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 01:34 PM   #30
Fast_car006
Regular User

Gto yeas the cars was new. I didnot get appreoved for the finance. I was originally going to buy the WRX in full. The 27.5k covered the 3 year lease. So i only pay insurance for now.